What if Capcom Fighting Evolution was a success? collaborative timeline

Capcom Fighting Evolution (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capcom_Fighting_Evolution) was a crossover fighting game released in October of 2004 during the twilight of the arcade and was so poorly received critically and in sales numbers that it breifly killed Capcom's fighting games and 2D Fighters as a whole to a lesser extent until both were revived by Street Fighter 4.

So what if it was different? What if Capcom Fighting Evolution was a well made financially successful game upon release? Let's answer that question.

I'll start us off, in TTL the game Fighting Evolution was made to replace Capcom Fighting All Stars is canceled much earlier giving the team more time and money to balance the game.

The Roster I'd also wildly improved including Cammy, Ken, Morrigan, the two left out Red Earth protagonists and the IOT cut SF1 spot of Sagat, Eagle and Retsu.

But if it was successful, we'd probably get no Capcom representation in Smash Bros. in favor of adding Mega Man in a sequel to the game, if not further Mega Man representation.

Speaking of Smash, if Nintendo had competition in the "self-made crossover fighter" genre that Smash created, we'd get more first-party characters in Smash and more crossover fighters in general.

And PS All-Stars could have been better made ITTL, to add insult to injury.

Capcom Fighting Evolution (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capcom_Fighting_Evolution) was a crossover fighting game released in October of 2004 during the twilight of the arcade and was so poorly received critically and in sales numbers that it breifly killed Capcom's fighting games and 2D Fighters as a whole to a lesser extent until both were revived by Street Fighter 4.

So what if it was different? What if Capcom Fighting Evolution was a well made financially successful game upon release? Let's answer that question.
OTL the game was well done for what it was...a very well-done Capcom vs SNK without SNK, I think the 2D market at the time was dead till Tatsunoko vs Capcom and SFIV revived it. Maybe better promotion? I barely remember this game even existed