April 1502
Second of April 1502
Arthur had lived!
Elizabeth was crying over his bed in joy and King Henry was sitting with a small triumphant grin. They had came to wales, certain he would die yet he pulled through.
Somehow.

Katherine stepped in her room, weeping. She would still be Queen, her husband was alive, and she was pregnant. What else could she want for?

May to July 1502
The baby was growing strong and Katherine was healthy. Prince Henry had just been betrothed to Eleanor of Austria and Arthur was doing well.
“If it is a girl we shall name her Mary and if it is a boy we shall name it Edward.”
Katherine nodded in agreement.
“Mary Isabella?”
“Ok”
Elizabeth of York became pregnant again and Katherine felt a bit outdone by her.
Dona Elvira was watching like a hawk over the princess Katherine and she was feeling fed up over looking after a spoilt brat.
Until the King Henry died.

The baby was growing strong and Katherine was healthy. Prince Henry had just been betrothed to Eleanor of Austria and Arthur was doing well.
“If it is a girl we shall name her Mary and if it is a boy we shall name it Edward.”
Katherine nodded in agreement.
“Mary Isabella?”
“Ok”
Elizabeth of York became pregnant again and Katherine felt a bit outdone by her.
Dona Elvira was watching like a hawk over the princess Katherine and she was feeling fed up over looking after a spoilt brat.
Until the King Henry died.
Prince Henry will not marry Eleanor of Austria as here Arthur survives and he is not an heir.

I'm also questioning Elizabeth of York becoming pregnant again. It's not impossible, but IIRC, her last pregnancy was an attempt to shore up the succession after Arthur's death. If Arthur survives and Katherine herself is pregnant, EOY doesn't need to be.

I'm also questioning Elizabeth of York becoming pregnant again. It's not impossible, but IIRC, her last pregnancy was an attempt to shore up the succession after Arthur's death. If Arthur survives and Katherine herself is pregnant, EOY doesn't need to be.
True that as well. And a surviving EOY will be good for a long run. It will also keep Henry VII alive for longer.

True that as well. And a surviving EOY will be good for a long run. It will also keep Henry VII alive for longer.
Don't worry, planning for some of the other kids to die in Arthur's place.

August to January 1502
King Henry was dead, and so were all of his alliances, half of the treasury, jewels taken by his men and his delicate tower of status at court, something Arthur would try to fix for The rest of his reign.
The betrothal between Henry and Eleanor was ripped to shreds within a week, never to be seen again. Margeret was going to be betrothed to the king of Scotland and Mary was fascinated by her mother's child.
"Will I get a little sister?"
" We don't know Mary dearest. " Elizabeth said for the hundredth time.
"Please let it be a girl."
Margeret smirked. Yes she could definitely control that even when the baby was in her mother's womb already. Henry didn't care about the child, now Arthur and his wife were at Greenwich, he would not waste time thinking about a baby when he had a tennis partner and a young lady to cheer him on.
Katherine was now sick of not being able to play tennis or dance, so she looked after baby Mary.
In Christmas, they mainly were given embroidery and Jewels.
On the 19th of January, 1503, Queen Katherine gave birth to a little girl, Maria after the mother of God and a Spanish twist, helpfully after Arthur and Katherines sisters.

I like the chapter but Mary and Maria are the same name it wouldn’t be used. Katherine is more likely imo or maybe Anne for the Virgin’s mother?

King Henry was dead, and so were all of his alliances, half of the treasury, jewels taken by his men and his delicate tower of status at court, something Arthur would try to fix for The rest of his reign.
The betrothal between Henry and Eleanor was ripped to shreds within a week, never to be seen again. Margeret was going to be betrothed to the king of Scotland and Mary was fascinated by her mother's child.
"Will I get a little sister?"
" We don't know Mary dearest. " Elizabeth said for the hundredth time.
"Please let it be a girl."
Margeret smirked. Yes she could definitely control that even when the baby was in her mother's womb already. Henry didn't care about the child, now Arthur and his wife were at Greenwich, he would not waste time thinking about a baby when he had a tennis partner and a young lady to cheer him on.
Katherine was now sick of not being able to play tennis or dance, so she looked after baby Mary.
In Christmas, they mainly were given embroidery and Jewels.
On the 19th of January, 1503, Queen Katherine gave birth to a little girl, Maria after the mother of God and a Spanish twist, helpfully after Arthur and Katherines sisters.
Henry here was NOT engaged to Eleanor. OTL that betrothal happened only in 1508 and after the breakup of Henry’s engagement to Catherine herself. Plus Mary and Maria are exactly the same name and would not be used for two daughters of Arthur and Catherine

Henry here was NOT engaged to Eleanor. OTL that betrothal happened only in 1508 and after the breakup of Henry’s engagement to Catherine herself. Plus Mary and Maria are exactly the same name and would not be used for two daughters of Arthur and Catherine
They only had one daughter which is strange for me as I always give Tudors twins.
I like the chapter but Mary and Maria are the same name it wouldn’t be used. Katherine is more likely imo or maybe Anne for the Virgin’s mother?
I'm planning it to be a compromise as Mary is an english sounding name and Maria is the name of one of Katherines sisters

January 1503
ok time to make you feel sympathy for the meanie.
Elizabeth of York, the dowager queen, gave birth to a little boy. She wasn't sure what to name him. Her husband was dead, yet she already had a son Henry. Arthur was already a son as well. Eventually she settled on Edmund. Although it was a shared name of her dead baby, it wasn't like Edmund could be in line to the throne.
Prince Henry was out playing tennis or hunting with his friends when he first complained of a fever. Nobody was fazed as Henry had often worked himself in to a sweat. This time was different though. Within six hours, he was panting and could hardly breathe. He felt cold yet his body was boiling, and by six PM, he had passed away.

Last edited:
ok time to make you feel sympathy for the meanie.
Elizabeth of York, the dowager queen, gave birth to a little boy. She wasn't sure what to name him. Her husband was dead, yet she already had a son Henry. Arthur was already a son as well. Eventually she settled on John. Although he was a bad king, it wasn't like John would be in line to the throne.
Prince Henry was out playing tennis or hunting with his friends when he first complained of a fever. Nobody was fazed as Henry had often worked himself in to a sweat. This time was different though. Within six hours, he was panting and could hardly breathe. He felt cold yet his body was boiling, and by six PM, he had passed away.
Elizabeth of York would most likely call her son Edward for her father and brother