What happens under... in a Nazi Victory TL?

So this is more of a thought experiment but let us, so we all start from the same POD, say that by late 1942 that Hitler has "won" WWII. Soviet Union sought peace terms, the UK is not invaded but "reconciliation" is urged by the government, and USA never joined the war. Up to you if US v. Japan occurs.

Now the thing I want to explore is what the Third Reich looks like under the NEXT nazi leader. Goering, Goebbels, Himmler, Heydrich, hell what does the 3rd Reich look like if Wernher von Braun is in charge? When does Hitler die? How does he die? Who does the next guy get in charge? Totally up to you.

I always figured that whoever succeeded Hitler would never be the unchallenged "Fuhrer" the way he was. Possibly Hitler might even have been depicted as the "eternal Fuhrer", akin to the way that Kim Il-Sung is regarded in North Korea.

Europe is a dark mess for quite some time.. Also with less population.

Ultimate mismanagement under the nazis cause an implosion by which Andorra sets off to conquor the Reich Witham army of cloned sheep armed with wine cannons.

I was thinking that Nazi Germany becomes something along the lines of modern day North Korea, with the Hitler dynasty in charge after succession of leaders like Heydrich and Speer.

Heydrich would be a good option, but it all depends of the decisions and the actions of the other nazi officers and high commands.

If hitler dies assasinated, it would be a clusterfuck between the big boi's like himmler, göering and even goebbels, who would try everything to get the power of the GGR. Anyway, it is only my opinion, but I see some coup d' etat's during the mandates of hitler or assasination attempts (that weren't few) after his victory.

Deleted member 140587

Hitler rules everything from Atlantic to the Urals. Italy and France, although nominally independent, have policy dictated to them by Berlin. Sweden likely maintains her independence. Switzerland is probably chopped up between Hitler, Mussolini, and Petain. The Balkans remain a mess but are more despotic.

The Soviet Union likely doesn't collapse (at least in my mind) but it does lose the most fertile and populated parts of the country. It's likely Stalin or his successor (Beria, Khrushchev, Zhukov) build tons of new cities beyond the reach of the Nazis. It's also possible that the Japanese also take a sizable chunk of the USSR as well. That said, the USSR is too large for either Germany or Japan to subdue all of it. The furthest the Japanese will feasibly reach is Lake Baikal (and that's being generous). A USSR from the Urals to Lake Baikal is still quite a large country with quite a few resources.

Britain likely becomes Airstrip One for American influence on the Continent, with Southern England becoming a nexus of USAF and RAF air bases and missile systems. The Atlantic Wall likely transforms from a system to deter British excursions on the Continent to one that is used to deter the Reich's undesirables (Jews, Roma, Communists, Homosexuals, etc.) from escaping across the Channel.

AH's likely successor in my mind is Albert Speer. Hitler's protege (sorta). He'd like end up somewhat of a Khrushchev/Gorbachev figure, trying to reform an unreformable system.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, who do you see being "next generation" leaders of Nazi Germany once Hitler and his inner circle die out? Would people involved in far-right politics in post-WW2 Germany like Otto Remer, Adolf von Thadden, or Gerhard Frey be potential "second generation" leaders of the Reich once Hitler, Goering, Himmler, Speer, Goebbels, and other members of their generation die out?

It's likely to be someone we've never heard of. A major pool of future Nazi leaders who remain unknown to us are the officers who won the victories necessary for Hitler to have a successor with any power. We can speculate on some of them. But I think there's a good chance that, even in 1960, it's likely to be someone like Khrushchev's German counterpart in TTL's Stalingrad, some Hauptsturmführer who might appear on OTL's rolls but who (fortunately) froze to death in late December 1942.

I tend to think Hitler would remain eternal Führer at some level, and I suspect people would continue to heil him in 1960, as some did in May 1945 IOTL. But he really liked the title, he didn't like any other title, and I don't think his successors could be anything but Führer. We can't go by OTL on the title; Hitler's decision to name a Chancellor and President was probably a conscious one made to reflect the failure of his political system.