What happens to Bermuda and the Bahamas in the United States?

Well, I would suspect that the Bahamas would become a state onto themselves, but Bermuda... At first it would be a territory no doubt, but statehood is too much, especially with the electoral college still up and running. I mean even with 1 elector it'd be rather unjust. However I can imagine it getting some serious autonomy rather early, similiar to D.C. nowadays.

Regarding the Turks and Caicos, I'd imagine them either staying with Great Britain (as part of the compensation of letting Bermuda and the Bahamas go in the first place) or being part of the Bahamas due to geographic proximity. Making them their own territory seems excessive and Bermuda can't really control and integrate it into democratic processes it because of the distance (at least not in the 18th and most 19th century).

Are you honestly suggesting that Kentucky and a 20 square mile piece of rock are the same thing.

Why are you ignoring your own question? You asked if we ought allow any old area statehood. Well, they did apply, didn't they? And you're ignoring say, Vermont, Franklin... :) You know. Places that began to run themselves. Vermont's not terribly large on the world map either, Skill. Shall we eliminate it?

They're welcome to be a territory or part of the federal district in this case. I'm pretty sure they'd take state-level representation over that, given your own statements.

Well, duh, they'll take statehood. Why would they accept a lesser status all of a sudden after having local autonomy and ability to run themselves locally for several years if they become part of the Revolution?

That you're willing to ignore existing local governments is terrifying and speaks a lot on your views, IMO. You are now selectively ignoring parts of what I'm saying to continue your own viewpoint.

Read Roberto's and Super_Cool's posts. They're saying what I have been all this time. Bermuda was its own government, should it somehow become part of the Revolution it shall gain as much autonomy as any of the OTL colonies, and so why would it suddenly consent to becoming run as a Territory? Did any of the other colonies that joined up did? No.

Why are you ignoring your own question? You asked if we ought allow any old area statehood. Well, they did apply, didn't they? And you're ignoring say, Vermont, Franklin…

Once again, you're trying to compare Vermont to a 20 square mile ROCK. This is nonsense.

Well, duh, they'll take statehood.

Sure, they'll take being part of a state.

Why would they accept a lesser status all of a sudden after having local autonomy and ability to run themselves locally for several years if they become part of the Revolution?

Then that's on them. They'd have more freedom and more control than ever before, but whatever "they" want to believe…

That you're willing to ignore existing local governments is terrifying and speaks a lot on your views, IMO.

Eh? Do you understand what they'd be as part of a state? They'd be a county. Important because of position, but a county. Just like any other county.

So Chicago should be a state simply because it's a county and it's important, huh?

…why would it suddenly consent to becoming run as a Territory?

So then they can be part of a state! No other state is going to accept three thousand people and no usable amount of land getting TWO SENATORS. It's completely ludicrous that you continue to fight for this while simultaneously denying it of any other area that wants it.

My city should be allowed statehood, according to you. We deserve two senators because… we exist and can.

If they both do become states, another question is, how does this effect the senatorial balance re: the slavery question? In OTL, both had slaves pre-1838. So they would have been slave states. Now, this effects the historical balance that existed in OTL. This creates all sorts of butterflies. Too many for me to analyse properly now. The plantartion system was pretty well dead in the Bahamas by 1810. But throwing 2 extra slave states into the mix messes with the Missouri Compromise, Dred scott, everything. If anything like the ACW in OTL happens, I don't really see any problem with both places being captured fairly easily, but I promise you this, an awful lot of Yankee sailors would drown while trying to occupy every populated Bahamian island.