What are plausible decisions Nazi Germany could have made to improve their performance in the War?

marathag

Banned
I don’t know about that. Mussolini was popular early on. I think that their problems were more in leadership.
Popular, sure.

Enough desire for a goal can get people to overlook things like terrible leadership, for awhile- but hard to ignore a string of defeats, or near defeats.

The Moose wanted to emulate 1st Century Roman Emperors, but had delivered the performance of the 3rd Century ones

Popular, sure.

Enough desire for a goal can get people to overlook things like terrible leadership, for awhile- but hard to ignore a string of defeats, or near defeats.

The Moose wanted to emulate 1st Century Roman Emperors, but had delivered the performance of the 3rd Century ones
Good point. His fate was similar too, assassination being the typical way an Imperial reign was ended.

Popular, sure.

The Moose wanted to emulate 1st Century Roman Emperors, but had delivered the performance of the 3rd Century ones.
I don’t disagree. I just think that a failure in leadership is a better explanation for their failures. Compare the performance of the British during a Operation Compass to their performance Malaya and Singapore. Under better leadership, more reliable equipment and more thorough training they’d probably have fought harder.