What alternate history ideas you wish they were used more often?

These may be a bit ASB, but whatever:

more successful anarchism
venetian republican system becomes the standard system rather than electoral democracy
more successful/popular sikhism
America with compulsory voting
korean superpower
munster heretics succeed and become a major christian sect (lutheran or calvinist level)
successful frente ampla in brazilian 70s
adhemar de barros presidency in 55
romania centric TL (personally i only know of one)

I have a few ideas
  1. Four way Cold war, the US and Soviets are still superpowers with blocs, but the UK or France stays a superpower and leads a colonialist bloc and the fourth bloc being anti colonialist is led by... India, Brazil or China
  2. The more advanced world, the losses of knowledge during the bronze age collapse and the destruction of the library of Alexandra never happened. The nations are mostly the same but the tech is more advance.
  3. American elective monarchy, the American Head State is an elective monarchy with limited powers, etc. Bonus if Norton is involved.
  4. Balkanized USA post civil war, slaves are given states as reparations, Natives are given states, later other groups get states.
  5. World of Superstates, Super USA,British Federation, EU, Sino Soviet Union, Greater Columbia, etc, not all nations are superstates but they are the most powerful.
  6. King of Hanover becomes German Emperor in 1848, obviously Germany is now a British ally...oh the aftermath.

is led by... India, Brazil or China
Maybe you could get all of those with something analogous to the Warsaw Pact where the ruling country is a behemoth made of chinese and indian states? And Brazil is their main ally

Then again I did create a indian-chinese South America in one of my oneshots so maybe that counts
The more advanced world, the losses of knowledge during the bronze age collapse and the destruction of the library of Alexandra never happened. The nations are mostly the same but the tech is more advance.
World of Superstates
all nations are superstates
I do have a TL idea I want to work on where multiple continents achieved the industrial revolution at once in Antiquity
But aside from that, I think a world dominated by huge empires or where the bronze age collapse never happened(thus dominated by big empires) may end up being more stagnant than our own(not to say they wouldnt be culturally fascinating mind you) even if they dont burn their libraries
And even if that wasnt the case their technologies would probably be highly different from ours, though thats also a interesting thing to study
American elective monarchy, the American Head State is an elective
Hell yeah!
1668048431377.png

Bonus if Norton is involved.
You're officially the best person

British Argentina!

Besides some few threads about the scenario proper, there's not really a great detail scenario about it and that's kind of sucks because it really interesting idea to the effects of the British in South America and even across the Empire of Britannia.

They're very few of it and that kind of sad because they're very awesome idea to create and be creative in TL man! This is a very very interesting idea that I think will be worth it to read about

I have some favourites:

1. What if central Asia wasn’t anyone's bitch and could develop as a stable region with sporadic conflict on fringes following Timur's death? ( basically my working in future)

2. What if Japan stayed divided until much later period?

3. A bit cultural one, not sure if anyone here can help me with it:
What if sidesaddle went out of use by 17th century as it was rather uncomfortable until the invention of pommel

Last edited:
I have some favourites:

1. What if Central Asia wasn’t anyone's bitch and could develop as a stable region with sporadic conflict on fringes following Timur's death? ( basically my working in future)

2. What if Japan stayed divided until much later period?
That's great honestly to god hope your project will be amazing and awesome man

Germany and Poland have a way better relationship a few years after WWI. The Nazis never took over Germany, Germany and Poland become allies and Hungary joined the alliance. Not only a military alliance, but also a culturally.
A German-Polish-Hungarian friendship TL would be really interesting.

On the topic of colonization, Portugal being able to conquer Australia and/or South Africa would be really interesting. Together with Brazil, this would result in a heavily Lusophone Southern Hemisphere. Even better if you manage to throw in Portuguese North America (Not impossible although unlikely).
As some language historians have said: English is the lingua franca because North America speaks it. Now imagine that Portuguese is the biggest language in North America