What alternate history ideas you wish they were used more often?

A unusual but I want to see a central power victory from a Austrian Hungary perspective timeline, both because of it's rare nature and the question of what direction now it brings and how the people inside it live.

People tend to discuss AH in two ways, either as a state doomed to fail even before world war 1 or a great empire that could have reformed, this argument while interest ignores the empire as a region in war or how the war itself affected it.

This is going to sound odd but AH leadership today could be called ''doomers'', one concern at the start of the war was the fear of a Czech revolt and they entered the war fully expecting to wage war against their own people expecting no loyalty and they would revolt at the slightest chance, this was more than mere paranoid words get's a lot more horrific when the Russian took Galicia the army panicked killed/massacred up to thirty thousand civilians as they under the idea the Ruthenians where all traitors waiting for the right moment.

I really want to read a communist America/capitalist China modern dichotomy.
I think it's more likely a capitalist china vs a capitalist usa. For the USA to become communist, it has to change the history of the country as a whole. I find it much more difficult for the USA to deal with a capitalist China led by competent people

LeoII

Banned
Alternate worlds where the Indo European Expansions didn't happen.
A plausible POD would be the Neolithic Decline not happening.
The Yamnaya could survive as rulers of the region of Ukraine and the Russian Steppe, but don't spread out from there.
The changes would be massive.
India would not be taken over by the Vedic peoples.
The Persian and Roman Empires would never exist, completely changing the course of history and religion.
Europe would be totally different. Imagine the ways the Cucuteni Trypallians, or the Megalith builders could have advanced in time where they survived.
Even east Asia could be totally different, without the nomadic Iranian peoples influencing them we might not have had any Xiongnu, Mongols, or the like.

Alternate worlds where the Indo European Expansions didn't happen.
A plausible POD would be the Neolithic Decline not happening.
The Yamnaya could survive as rulers of the region of Ukraine and the Russian Steppe, but don't spread out from there.
The changes would be massive.
India would not be taken over by the Vedic peoples.
The Persian and Roman Empires would never exist, completely changing the course of history and religion.
Europe would be totally different. Imagine the ways the Cucuteni Trypallians, or the Megalith builders could have advanced in time where they survived.
Even east Asia could be totally different, without the nomadic Iranian peoples influencing them we might not have had any Xiongnu, Mongols, or the like.
Have you read The Book of the Holy Mountain yet? It tells the story of a pre-Indo-European civilization centered on the Danube, as well as some exploration of the Balkans and Anatolia.

More alternate stories of the American Civil war, but leaning more towards more Union victories. Like what if Lee had fought for the North, Jackson is more seriously wounded at First Bull Run, before he's able to rally his men.

More alternate stories of the American Civil war, but leaning more towards more Union victories. Like what if Lee had fought for the North, Jackson is more seriously wounded at First Bull Run, before he's able to rally his men.
I would love to see John Brown escape Harper's Ferry only to emerge in the south to foment bigger slave uprisings to help completely crush the Confederacy.

I would love to see John Brown escape Harper's Ferry only to emerge in the south to foment bigger slave uprisings to help completely crush the Confederacy.
That sounds like it would be a good one. Or how Lincoln getting killed in 1864 when was touring one of the forts defending Washington and was almost shot. What kind of America would it be if Hamlin had been President? I know their WA as short story written about it in the '90's in one of those paperback alternate history books, but it only covered things in 1864, and 1942. What would have happened between then.

You could also make a Union Victory TL but writen like the CSA scenarios so as to look as implausible as possible without going full blown ASB
It'd be a fun role reversal

Some ideas I find interesting are:
1) the Habsburgs never getting the crown of castille and Aragon. This would have massive butterflies on the history of Western europe and the Americas. South America might be colonized differently leading to a widely different continent. The effects on Central Europe might be even larger given that the Netherlands may never exist and the Habsburgs would get a much tighter control over germany
2) Japanese conquest of china by Toyotomi Hideyoshi or Oda Nobunaga, or some early Japanese expansion in general
3) Seljuk conquest of egypt instead of Anatolia
4) No mongol empire instead of enormous mongol empire
5) no mughals so india remains fractured or is unified by a native polity
6) Effects of some inventions being discovered earlier like Crop rotation or the heavy plough
7) different colonization of the Americas with more countries participating or the colonies getting independence quickly like greek colonies
8) Different partition of the Frankish empire. Many historians think that this event led to many other conflicts in Western and Central europe. What if lotharingia never existed and the empire was simply split into italy, germany and France for example?
8) effects of no atlantic slave trade specifically on Africa
9) Survival of a Zoroastrian Persian civilization
10) different division of the Roman Empire
11) different dynasties leading china or china remaining divided into 2 or three kingdoms
12) evolution of African polities with a different colonization, perhaps the Europeans stick to coastal areas that can be settled or trading posts