Western Roman Empire in Gaul

Chapter 6 - Epilogue
A middle ages portrait of Edward the Exile and Onora I of Gallia
170px-Jindra_Eleonora.jpg

On 1009, Empress Onora was born, she was married twice, she is the eldest surviving daughter of Felip II of Gallia, she married Eduard of England or Edward the Exile of England, her first husband was Claudi, an Italian noble but after his death and having two daughters only on 1030, she would remarry to Edward the Exile and invade England herself with her new husband on 1042, with her two sons Adrian and Traian, Adrian would be the new King of England and Gallia while Traian would be the spare who would start a cadet line who would rule both Kingdoms and they would be considered the saviors of Britain against the Norse Barbarians.

The Western Roman Empire of Gallia and England would remain in personal union until the Age of Nationalisms.

note
A composite of Eleanor of Aquitaine and Emma of Normandy, I have to ax this timeline and focus on the Kingdom of Desires, since I would not likely rehash this concept in the future but I decided to show a part of the timeline that I was planning to do anyway.

Last edited:
In 511, King Syagrius campaigned in the Burgundian lands allied with the Vandals, and the Burgundians are decisively defeated by the Gallo Romans and the Vandals and Syagrius would establish Lion as the capital of his domain from Novidon or Novidonum, that the people would call his domain as the Lionine Empire.
Okay, an interesting idea, but by Part 3 you have mentioned Visigoths, Francs and Burgundians, but left out a pretty important part.

Theodoric the Great

Kinda the elefant in the room.

In OTL he helped the son of Alaric II, his grandchild, keep some remains of southern Gaul and also annexed the provence. Something he surely would attempt to do here too. And don´t forget, Theodoric is a major player in this time and Syagrius is not. You might outmanouver him once, but not twice. He surely would protect the Burgundians.

And there is also the fact that he was a vassal of the Eastern Emperor and was not afraid to play that card if it profited him, like for example to protect the Burgundians and Visigoths.

And the pope back then was virtually powerless back then and to become emperor one had to find favour of the Eastern Empire.

Not that I see the visigothic Gaul and the Burgundians not fall to a powerful magister militum from Gaul in time, but you have to factor Theodoric in to make it belieceable

It IS an interesting idea, Syagrius surviving.

I could see him conquering, the gallic Visigotic parts and the Burgundians, but kept from the Mediterrean Sea, like Clovis in the OTL, then using the peace time with Theodoric until 526 to securing the Rhine Border against germanic tribs and strengthening his realm for the future.

Come Justinian, both East and West would work together to conquer and divide the Ostrogothic kingdom, help with the defeat of the Vandals and even attack the Visigoths in Spain. Perhaps the Gaul Empire even tries to establish itself in Britannia again