Weekly Flag Challenge referendum: Abolish image size limit?

Should the Weekly Flag Challenge size limits be abolished?

• No, keep the current size limit

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • No, keep a size limit but increase it to a larger size

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Yes, abolish the size limit

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was saying it was splitting the "Change" votes. No change was getting the votes of those who want it as is. Those who want change were either voting for a higher limit or for no limit, thus splitting the 'against' (as in 'against' the present rule) vote

Yeah I get what you mean now, but I felt these options were sufficiently different that I had to capture each one separately. And it depends on how you mentally group the options. You put #1 on its own, and #2 and #3 go together as "against the present rule". I always thought of #1 and #2 together (having some size limit) and #3 on its own (no size limit) since a lot of the discussion (in the past few months, not just recently) seemed to frame the question as whether we should have a size limit at all. So in my mind I have split the "have a size limit" votes but I can still see where you are coming from.

In the event that the second option wins, as seems likely at present time, I assume we're keeping the simple "fit within an x*y rectangle" rather than the more radical "fit length+height<=z, length<=x" or "fit length*height<=z, length<=x" options for those wanting aspect ratios closer to 1:1 without losing too much length?

In the event that the second option wins, as seems likely at present time, I assume we're keeping the simple "fit within an x*y rectangle" rather than the more radical "fit length+height<=z, length<=x" or "fit length*height<=z, length<=x" options for those wanting aspect ratios closer to 1:1 without losing too much length?

Probably. We'll see.

The winner is option #2, "No, keep a size limit but increase it to a larger size". I suggest to continue any further discussion on the main discussion thread so that more people will see it.