Weekly Flag Challenge: Discussion & Entries

Krall

Banned
More a generally followed guideline than an exact rule.
If you specify in your challenge the height restriction that should settle things a little.
Part of the point is to have all flags comparable and 300 was the best at the time since 600 took up too much space.

Ah, I see. Would anyone mind if I edited my challenge to specify 400px as the height limit instead?

United Kingdom of Sweden and Norway

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
NEW TEUTONIA

With a second civil war raging in Russia (1939-43), the Tomanian dictator Adenoid Hynkel invaded the Baltic republics “to prevent the Russian civil war spilling over into areas of Tomanian vital interest”. The puppet state of New Teutonia was set up, harking back to the days of the Teutonic Knights. Comprising six provinces, each headed by a Ghouleiter, an unusual hexagonal flag was created of 3 white and 3 black triangles upon which was superimposed a red eagle. This design is said to have its roots in Hynkel’s obsession with King Arthur and the Round Table and indeed the quarterly gatherings of the 6 Ghouleiters were held around a hexagonal table.

(Rather liike the US flag on moon landings, this flag was kept in place by very narrow spring loaded metal pipes along each edge).

Krall wanted to change the height limit for his challenge to 400px, and Lapsed Pacifist's entry is 412px tall, so maybe it's close enough?

Voting was supposed to open on 5 July (and close on 12 July). It might be due to my advanced age, but I've not been able to spot the voting thread. Any clue?

Krall

Banned
Oh bugger, I forgot I was meant to post the poll for this thing (though I'm confused as to why no one thought to PM me :p )!

The poll thread will be up in a few minutes. Sorry for the delay. :eek:

Oh bugger, I forgot I was meant to post the poll for this thing (though I'm confused as to why no one thought to PM me :p )!

The poll thread will be up in a few minutes. Sorry for the delay. :eek:

No worries. I'm not sure why we didn't either. Perhaps we just liked complaining too much :D:eek: