Weekly Flag Challenge: Discussion & Entries

The Earth Day flag:

earthday.png

I'll go ahead and include that last one since I don't have the poll up yet. But you just barely cut it!

Then again what if it was

The Union of Terra and Luna

The Aqua represents water
Orange -Fire
Lavender -Air
Green -Earth
Black-the void of space

The blue is of course Terra and the grey Luna

United Terra.gif

I've posted my entry for Greater London here -

Code:
https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=3296991&postcount=47
Apologies if I should have posted it here!

Here is my entry for the Golden Horseshoe (a.k.a. Golden Cresent)

The field is green representing the forests of the area (future effects of global warming?). The Blue is Lake Ontario. The Canadian mapleleaf is there with the golden horseshoe atop it showing that the region while friendly with Canada, is their own entity.

goldencresent copy.png

Last edited:
Tri-State Union

Flag for the Greater Manhattan Conurbation, the constituent parts of which seceeded from New Jersey, New York and Conneticutt. After the Balanced Voter Representation Initative of 2022 was rejected in the ex-Urban areas of the states due to proposal to redistribute politcal weight from rural to urban areas, the city-citizens themselves rejected the rural voters overwhelming influence in urban affairs.

The buff-colouring comes from the old New Jersey Flag. The three blue triangle corners represent the original Tri-State area, while the layered burgundy star signifies the many layers of the urban society.

tri-state.png

Here's my flag for the Rhine-Ruhr

As its base is the flag of North-Rhine-Westphalia - the German State is as originally part of.
Surmounting that is a badge showing the Rhine rRver over a field of black roundels to represent the coal of the Ruhr Valley.

rhein-ruhr.png