Weekly Flag Challenge: Discussion & Entries

Not sure I understand, you mean "a US-like entity within an Ameriwank timelline that is not the USA" or "a subnational state within a larger USA that is not a current member of the US" ?

A flag of a (new) American state inside a Ameriwank. (Like: Bavaria, Ile-de-France, Hokkaido, Taiwan, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Norway, Wales and others)

Slightly late, since I forgot all about the flag challenge this week.

US state flags don't really follow any set patterns beyond often including red, white and blue, so it was hard to think of anything appropriate. In the end, I came up with a somewhat silly concept: Scotland leaves the UK, only to join...The US!

KC6gRay.png

The poll isn't up yet, so I doubt anyone would mind some last minute entries. If you have a good idea, I'd say you should go for it and see if you can make it in time.

Haven't been here in a while--RL has been busy for me, but here is a last minute entry.

Grant does a better job convincing Senator Sumner that the Santo Domingo Treaty should be ratified, perhaps with the promise of the appointment of a territorial governor of Sumner's choosing who will clean up perceived political corruption on the island, and greater protections for former slaves in the South. The opposition is less coordinated, and ultimately the treaty is ratified. Santo Domingo becomes a United States territory, and is ultimately admitted as the State of Domingo in 1904.

The canton of the flag is based upon the the pre-treaty flag of the Republic, substituting stars for the cross to make it more "American", along with the stripes, while the 10 stars are a subtle nod to the old Trinitarian movement for independence from Spain.

Domingo.png

FLAG CHALLENGE 129: Tricolors Forbidden
With flags such as the Dutch Prince's flag and the French Republican flag popularizing tricolor flags, we've seen more and more of them all over the world. While they sometimes have very striking designs, they also tend to be somewhat dull.

Your challenge, should you chose to accept it, is to take a country with a tricolor flag and design a flag for it that doesn't conform to a tricolor format. However, it does have to make use of all three colors present on the existing tricolor flag of the country in question. How you use them, and the ratio of the colors, is up to you.

Examples with horizontal stripes include: Netherlands, Russia, Germany
Examples with vertical stripes include: France, Belgium, Romania

Submissions Open: Now
Submissions Close: 23:59 GMT 10th May
Voting Opens: 11th May ish
Voting Closes: 18th May ish