• FOR

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • AGAINST

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apologies again for the pompous titles.

Background

Over the course of the Weekly Flag Challenge, several issues have persisted. These include:

- The first post can no longer be edited. This makes it impossible to amend the rule list.
- The size limit is uncodified and unenforced because of the above issue.
- The Eurovision style administration (i.e. in which the winner of a round sets up the next round) has led to some slip-ups, like winners forgetting that they won, or not knowing what to do.

After a public discussion, a set of generally acceptable amendments has arisen.

Proposed changes

- Move rules to wiki page.
-- Write clear guide for how to administer a round. Include a template for the posts.

- Codify rules about flag sizes:
-- For an image in a single-flag entry, the shortest side must be 400 pixels or less, and the longest side must be 800 pixels or less.
-- For each image in a multiple-flag entry, the shortest side must be 200 pixels or less, and the longest side must be 400 pixels or less.
-- If a flag is a square, the limit of the shortest side applies to both sides.
-- Post an image to demonstrate these sizes. (see below)

- Administration will still be Eurovision-style, but there will also be a pool of official Volunteers (so far, Rarayn and OAM47)
-- They will oversee the administration and issue reminders if something is done incorrectly or late.
-- If the winner of a round does not want to administer the next round, they may ask the runner-up to do it. If that person does not want to do it either, they may ask an official Volunteer to do it.

- If the winner of a round cannot think of an idea, allow them to ask for suggestions. If they still can't think of one, allow them to reuse an old theme if it was used more than 10 rounds ago.

- Close and re-create both WFC threads. Link to the wiki rule page in the first post.

wstlKoN.png

Referendum

Will close after 4 days. Option with the most votes wins.

Acknowledgements

Thanks to everybody who participated in the discussion. Thanks especially to OAM47 and Rarayn for volunteering to be Volunteers, and Rarayn again for making the diagram.

Last edited:
The referendum is now closed with a clear majority approving the proposal (87% for, 13% against). Thanks to everybody who participated. I will get in contact with the Volunteers and implement the changes over the coming week.

Krall

Banned
Ah, I missed this discussion and vote, but these seem like good changes to me. I look forward to seeing the Flag Challenge resume (I almost participated in the last round, but I didn't have the time in the end :eek: ).