Weber's Germany: The Veterinarian Totalitarian

An Announcement
Well, I think that people have seen this coming for some time.

From this point forthwith, I won't be updating Weber's Germany on this website any more. The reasons are many, but they can be broken down into the following:
  • The plausibility issues have reached breaking point (if they hadn't before), especially with regards to the Pacific War and its role in bringing the Third Reich and the Soviet Union back into conflict.
  • I have ceased to be an active member of AH.com, but I'm still maintaining a presence over at Sea Lion Press.
  • Writing about Nazis winning has become much less entertaining than it was back in 2014.
Still, this doesn't mean that I won't return to this some day; I've already started revising and beefing up some of the opening bits, and I'm still in the writing habit in general, it's just that I'm expanding my horizons a little bit. If I do post Weber's Germany Redux, it'll be over at SLP, so do come join me there when that happens.

For those who want a little bit more closure than that, I can give a very quick brief for my plans after this phase:
  • The Wehrmacht penetrates deep into the Soviet Union, all the way to the Arkhangelsk-Astrakhan line, and the USSR withdraws their heavy industries behind the Urals.
  • The territory between the Leningrad-Rostov and Arkhangelsk-Astrakhan lines is declared the "Muscovite Social Republic" and Meandrov is made its puppet-liberator, but quickly degenerates into a subcontinent-sized Vietnam, and eventually deteriorates into practical anarchy.
  • Weber dies at some point, as does Stalin.
  • Neither the Reich nor the USSR possesses the means to flip the situation in the MSR, with the Reich as overstretched as it'll ever be, and the USSR still recovering from the sheer shock and loss of territory, grinding into a brutal stalemate.
  • Eventually, territories within the Reich, starting with Austria and Czechia, begin to protest Nazi rule due to the eternal war's draining effects on the economy, and bursts of civil unrest spread across the Reich proper, and eventually the remnants of the SDP in Prussia ally with the KPD (eventually governing Prussia as the SED) and revolt in Cologne, declaring the Prussian Free State independent of the Reich, sparking civil war and leading to savage reprisals.
  • The USSR, now led by a Malenkov-Molotov-Kaganovich troika, seizes the opportunity and invades the MSR, completely overwhelming it. Simultaneously, NATO launches an all-out invasion of Germany, provisionally recognising the independence of the Prussian Free State under Otto Braun.
  • The Red Army gets as far as its pre-1940 borders, conducting reprisals in Ukraine the likes of which give the Holodomor a run for its money, before the remaining Axis Powers cynically recognise Poland's independence and its neutrality, signing the "Warsaw Pact" to acknowledge this third, post-Nazi fascist power bloc with Italy as its prime mover. Finland occupies Estonia as a buffer against the USSR.
  • Britain and France invade and occupy Togoland and Kamerun, and Jews and other internees revolt within their work towns, massacring their KSK and Nazi oppressors. Heydrich is assassinated whilst attempting to flee Kamerun.
  • British-backed Iranian forces overwhelm Iraq, and also overthrow the SSNP government in Syria. Mandatory Palestine is reorganised into the Commonwealth of Israel and the State of Palestine, with the former being a practical police state under British Army control, with an international settlement in Jerusalem. Years of Zionist agitation follow, but the British counterweight prevents any violence on the scale of OTL.
  • The Wehrmacht is rolled back into Bavaria. A supposed "reformed government", which essentially is a conservative-military junta nominally led by Carl Friedrich Goerdeler with Claus von Stauffenberg as spokesman offers peace terms, but is rebuffed. Würzburg and Pforzheim are destroyed with nuclear bombs, but the war only ends when Munich is stormed by NATO troops. The last Nazi holdouts kill the Weber children before committing suicide.
  • The Reich does not survive into the 1960s. Prussia is forcibly demilitarised and neutralised, and is kept separate from the rest of Germany, which is reformed into the German Confederation with Bavaria as its largest state and Stuttgart its capital. All of East Prussia is given to Poland to compensate the loss of its eastern territories.
And that's about it! I'll be popping in from time to time to answer questions based on the above, but that should mark the last of Weber's Germany...for now.

Your always,
Tom Colton

Last edited:
That`s sad but thank you Tom Colton for writing this wonderful and interesting TL and for the summery wrap up which is still very good and answers my questions about the TL. If you do ever publish a revised version of this TL at SLP I`ll buy it.

I am going to parrot the others in that I am sad to see this superbly written and presented timeline come to an abrupt end, but I do thank you for the explanations and 'closure' as it were. The post-war history of this world does still seem interesting and hopefully you will at some point reconsider and finish the project.

I will miss this. This timeline has been, in my opinion, the greatest alt-History project that I have followed since the beginning. Shame it is over but for the time it was here it was amazing.

Seeing as I managed to find my old hard drive which had my maps outlining the political situation at various stages, along with some flags, here you guys go:

Updated Map of Europe 1949.png

Europe, 1949

Map of Europe 1960.png

Europe, 1960

Flag of Prussia.png Flag of Prussia (Civil).png
Prussian Free State

Flag of German Federation.png
German Federation (Deutsche Bund)

Flag of Polish SSR old.png Flag of Polish SSR.png
Polish SSR

Flag of the Warsaw Pact.png
Warsaw Pact