Cena did have the bodybuild to play Manhattan plus he can play that aloofness very well too, would be a good choice if he can pull the acting part
Apparently when Laurie is on the phone broadcasting to Manhattan Amazon Prime lists an actor for him even if he doesn't speak or appear at all, I can't remember who it was. Also, I have a theory that Manhattan's appearance in the trailer where he picks up a Manhattan mask is actually from Angela's Vietnamese childhood flashback, given that he's wearing a full suit and apparently the flashback takes place during a Manhattan themed parade likely celebrating Vietnamese statehood.

I’m interested in the idea that there are phone booths scattered across the country where people can send messages to Doctor Manhattan, it sounds almost religious in nature.
I’m also curious if there’s been any Mars missions, manned or unmanned in this TL given Manhattan’s presence there.

I’m interested in the idea that there are phone booths scattered across the country where people can send messages to Doctor Manhattan, it sounds almost religious in nature.
I’m also curious if there’s been any Mars missions, manned or unmanned in this TL given Manhattan’s presence there.
Seeing as Laurie had to punch in some kind of code before the call went through, I'm guessing they're part of a wider video phone booth network across the country and there just happens to be a number you can call to send messages to Manhattan the same way there is numbers kids can call to talk to the "real Santa"

As for Mars missions, it doesn't seem like anyone has a big presence in space beyond satellites. Nixon OTL wasn't the biggest fan of the space program and I could see him strangling it early in his presidency. I could see after the Squid attack there being a rejection of space exploration by the public out of fear of more attacks and a huge cut to NASA's budget to rebuild New York and as punishment for failing to detect the attack (even though it wasn't their fault)

Something that was noted in the first episode and never brought up is how John F. Kennedy and his Administration have seemingly been erased from the history books. I am wondering what happened since 1963 to make this happen...

Something that was noted in the first episode and never brought up is how John F. Kennedy and his Administration have seemingly been erased from the history books. I am wondering what happened since 1963 to make this happen...
Are you sure? I think the girls mention Kennedy and Johnson during the dinner scene. Of course that didn't stop most people from missing Ford's name too and thinking that Redford was therefore on term 8 instead of 7.

Here is the latest, and probably the weirdest character created in Tulsa, Oklahoma,... "Lube Man"! And believe me when I say that I was shocked when I say it:

Here is the latest, and probably the weirdest character created in Tulsa, Oklahoma,... "Lube Man"! And believe me when I say that I was shocked when I say it:

Lube Man is the hero Tulsa deserves... Just really not the one it needs. Also I don't know why, but I was literally hoping he would make Zoidberg sounds

Apparently the "Prepper" movement of the 1970s/ 1980s gave way to "Squid Shelter" after the events of November 2, 1985:

And it was a giant squid, not Doctor Manhattan,...

I imagine after the New York attack, preppers were feeling very validated about their paranoia.

And minor tangent, but always felt like the Squid was the weakest part of the original comic. A single attack on an American city doesn’t feel like it would have the same uniting power as the simultaneous attacks on multiple international cities from the movie

Consider these links from Peteypedia. The first is a little more back story, flagging the historical implications of the TL, while commenting on the American Hero Story :

https://www.hbo.com/content/dam/hbodata/series/watchmen/peteypedia/05/memo-internal-affairs.pdf

Yes, Nostalgia, which was mentioned in the original series, is also now a memory drug:
https://www.hbo.com/content/dam/hbodata/series/watchmen/peteypedia/05/nostalgia-ad.jpg

And yes, there is a pamphlet, if you have Extra-Dimensional Anxiety (EDA):
https://www.hbo.com/content/dam/hbo...edia/05/extra-dimensional-anxiety-and-you.pdf

watchmen-giant-squid-1573860185.png

The big squid himself.

I imagine after the New York attack, preppers were feeling very validated about their paranoia.

And minor tangent, but always felt like the Squid was the weakest part of the original comic. A single attack on an American city doesn’t feel like it would have the same uniting power as the simultaneous attacks on multiple international cities from the movie
Although the psychic wave was strongest at ground zero, Veidt does mention "sensitives" all over the world will be affected. We don't know their percentage of the total global population but presumable that contributed.

can I just mention how I like that the show is deconstructing more of silver age comic tropes like the comic did while showing that haveing super heroes in the real world is a bad thing.