War on Terror WI- Afghanistan

This WI is based on speculation in the media right after 9/11, before the US went into Afghanistan to punish the Taliban and al-Qaeda. I read in TIME mag that military analysts were predicting that the war to hunt down AQ and Taliban fighters in the rough mtns and caves of Afghanistan would be very hard, including the prospect of captured American soldiers being beheaded by terrorists and broadcast on TV, as occurred with captured Russian soldiers and Western civs in Chechnya. AFAIK, this scenario never eventuated, but how would the War on Terror have been affected had there been such footage uncovered ? Would the American public's desire for revenge have intensified even more upon seeing such barbaric treatment ?

Chris

Banned
I suspect that if that happened, the americans would be much less toleraent of the afganistanies and smash them all with air attacks.

Chris

Who would dare to air these tapes? Fox :D ? CNN :D ? Al Jazeera :D ? No, wait they might, but I doubt they would want to piss US that much. They might be available over net with accompanying debates whether they are real or not.