War of the worlds 2005 rest of the world

So I decided to pop in Steven Speilbergs version of War of the Worlds last night, and i started wondering again: what was going on in the rest of the world? I already made something like this for the 1953 version, but compared to that version, which got a whole scene talking about what was happening around the world, while in this version, we only get like 4 sentences due to it being 1st person. Here's what we got
  • its made clear early on that this is worldwide, and not an American phenomenon, so that's confirmed
  • One guy mentions that America got hit the worst, with South America and Asia being hit as well, but Europe is doing OK, but then that is contradicted with one other guy saying that Europe suffered the worst and is completely wiped out.
  • Ogilvy mentions that the Japanese took down a tripod in Osaka, but no one really knows how, and i doubt Godzilla showed up to assist them in their time of need, although that would be awesome to see.
So what do you guys think.

James G

Gone Fishin'
So I decided to pop in Steven Speilbergs version of War of the Worlds last night, and i started wondering again: what was going on in the rest of the world? I already made something like this for the 1953 version, but compared to that version, which got a whole scene talking about what was happening around the world, while in this version, we only get like 4 sentences due to it being 1st person. Here's what we got
  • its made clear early on that this is worldwide, and not an American phenomenon, so that's confirmed
  • One guy mentions that America got hit the worst, with South America and Asia being hit as well, but Europe is doing OK, but then that is contradicted with one other guy saying that Europe suffered the worst and is completely wiped out.
  • Ogilvy mentions that the Japanese took down a tripod in Osaka, but no one really knows how, and i doubt Godzilla showed up to assist them in their time of need, although that would be awesome to see.
So what do you guys think.

As to the Europe issue, the opening scenes showed the lightning strikes in the Ukraine. I would have thought that if it was in Europe proper, that would have been on the news in the United States due to visibility issues and the larger presence of the media.
However, that predisposes that whoever wrote this film had any idea of plausibility. The Ukraine could have just been a foreign-sounding name to them and not be connecting it geography-wise to Europe because, you know, the internet - hell, even an atlas - isn't a thing.