N/A

Garrison

Donor
Just some friendly advice. You've basically posted a massive wall of text, I would suggest you provide a brief synopsis of the idea in your own words if you want people to respond. Large quotes of material should really only be used to support the arguments you yourself are making.

Agree, that with focus and better leadership, the Germans could have taken 2 of the three of Grozny, Tupase, Stalingrad (instead of none).

Taking Stalingrad early spreading out and preventing the bridgeheads over the Don would help the most if you can avoid the 6th army encirclement later, although I don't know how you stop the Soviet November 1942 counter attack generally at that point???

So maybe best case the Germans start 1943 better????

Furthermore, the capture of Ordzhodonikidze would have opened up the Georgian Military Road to Tiflis, clearing the theoretical road to the Baku oilfields after the capture of Grozny, although the practical bit is much, much harder. The capture of Makhachkala and perhaps even Derbent if PzAOK1 strikes gold would have completely cut off the Astrakhan-Baku railway on which the Transcaucasian Front depended upon for its essential supplies, effectively rendering it into a static infantry defence force in the mountains and immbolizing its armor on the ground due to a lack of fuel and spare parts.
Assuming you take all 3, plus Makhachkala, seems tricky to force the Terek in late August with the single rail supply, and its a ways to Makhachkala still, but going with that the Germans make the right decisions and roll some 6s too a long the way:

You still have that long Italian, Hungarian, Romanian flank which the Soviets will pick on over the winter, forcing the evacuation of the area regardless it seems.

Maybe the Soviets are hobbled enough you can pull a couple of Panzer divisions from a more idle Army group A back into a B for a reserve. Which would keep the worst case OTL scenario from happening (encirclement of 6th army), but the Germans would get forced back regardless.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
@Heeresgruppe A

Are you a new account of "History Learner", a previously banned user of this forum?

The thread of that banned user of the following link is suspiciously very similar to this one.

https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/fall-blau-is-a-rethinking-in-order.411393/

@CalBear
Please DO NOT post this sort of public speculation. Use the report system.

However, since you have already dropped the accusation...

The OP is posting from a different continent than the Banned Member you brought up.

I’m not wiking either, I’m just doing this because that’s what other posters seem to do on eastern front threads.
Anyway, welcome to the forum! :)

I hope to read you frequently around here, because with this first thread you seem like a very promising and knowledgeable / learned user.