Violent LGBT-Liberation Movement?

Alright, so this came up in an ethics class. Basically, in the 1960s and 1970s, the majority of left and right wing political groups had militant wings. One of the few that didn't (at least as far as I can tell) was the LGBT liberation movement.

What if they did?

What if the LGBT Liberation movement had led to more Stonewall riots? Or perhaps even attacks on anti-homosexual groups/politicans/churches? Could this lead to more LGBT freedom? Less?

Personally, I think this could dispel the notion that gays are nonviolent and whimpy, but perhaps this is just me...

um we kind of did, the Gay Liberation Front was hard core, if not out and out Violent, there were no small number of post-Stonewall riots in USA and around the world

um we kind of did, the Gay Liberation Front was hard core, if not out and out Violent, there were no small number of post-Stonewall riots in USA and around the world

Oh really? Damn.

Well, I'm still open to the possibility of a bombing campaign against anti-gay officials.

Several anti-prop eight protests turned violent, and there has been violence against mormons for the LDSs' support of prop 8.

Hendryk

Banned
Several anti-prop eight protests turned violent, and there has been violence against mormons for the LDSs' support of prop 8.
Those incidents were marginal, and they have been blown out of proportion by anti-gay rights activists.

I recall reading on Cracked or something that there was a group called the "Pink Panthers" who went around beating up on gay-bashers.

They never got into trouble because nobody would admit to being beaten up by a bunch of gay guys.