Victoria: Revolutions MP Game 'A Place in the Sun'

"...aber wir verlangen auch unseren Platz an der Sonne."

I'm planning to host a V:R game. For the folks that have no idea what for game V:R is, let me refer to you this webpage. In short, Victoria: Revolutions is a "grand strategy" game, stretching from 1836 to 1936.

scaled.php

A fascist USA? Check. Megali Idea accomplished? Check. A liberal Kaiserreich? Check.

So where were I... Ah yeah. Besides the dusty and decaying sub-forum at Paradox, I figured AH.com would be a pretty ideal place to recruit some players for a MP game. (edit: turns out I was wrong.)

• Version: Revolutions 2.01 (basically the vanilla game plus the expansion) + OHgamer's hotfixes
    If you're playing a modded game, and would like to keep it, copy the game folder, paste it somewhere Then proceed to uninstall the game, and install vanilla vicky + revolutions and apply hotfix. Whenever you like to play your modded version, just find where you pasted it. Using this simple method, you can have two copies of the game, a clean one for MP, and one modded for SP.
  • You must have played the game before, and have the needed expertise to avoid mismanaging your nation into oblivion.
  • You should be European. Afterall, only men from civilised countries are allowed in here... :D Nah, just kidding, it'd simply be convenient if we all lived in Europe, that way it would be easier to decide on session times. But players from other parts of the globe can join in too, being European isn't necessary.
  • Be able to use Hamachi. Just google it, it is a easy-to-use program that allows LAN-gaming over the Internet.
  • Sessions on sunday evenings?

Roster:

Britain:
France:_Stalin_
Russia: Bazarov
Prussia: Hamelus
Austria:
USA:
Sardinia-Piedmont:
Japan: HellHound01

Last edited:
Sardinia-Piedmonte IF I can keep to the schedule. I make no promises. (I too am American)

I am also very rusty but back in the day I played alot and loved it.

I would play, but I live in the western world, so I don't know if the schedules will fit.

Western world? What do you mean by that? I'm sure we could find a time that could fit us all regardless. Pick your nation.

Sardinia-Piedmonte IF I can keep to the schedule. I make no promises. (I too am American)

I am also very rusty but back in the day I played alot and loved it.

S-P? Sure.

As I mentioned recently, I'm sure we could agree on a time that fits us all.

I am free on Sunday from 4pm GMT-8 *EST* on.

4pm EST is 1am CET.

Ow. I guess I can make due without sleeping.

edit: Also the trickle of players are surprisingly disappointing. Are there really this few V:R players here? Vic2 seems to be alot more popular, even through it's just lame in comparison with good old' V:R.

Last edited:

HellHound01

Banned
4pm EST is 1am CET.

Ow. I guess I can make due without sleeping.

edit: Also the trickle of players are surprisingly disappointing. Are there really this few V:R players here? Vic2 seems to be alot more popular, even through it's just lame in comparison with good old' V:R.

I can try for sunday.

Seeing how we're only 3 players in total, is it really worth starting a game?

I'd prefer to wait until at least 6 players are onboard.

Hopefully this doesn't count as necro, but I really want to play multiplayer... Anyone still up for it?