Victoria II

Will you be able to start the game at any dat you want, like in EU3 and EU:R?

They should do...I'd love a First World War start date in 1914, instead of having to begin all the way back in 1836. They could also have a Scramble for Africa start date in 1881 with missions relating to European Colonial Wars from that Period.

Brief update on my Spain Game: we are trying now to Justify a War Goal against Morocco while France and Holland are killing each other because France wanted to Annex Dutch Guiana, a conflict in which I am keen to remain neutral because of how beat up my military was after defeating the Carlists. I might just try and grab the Rif Region rather than the entire nation, and I've located the National Focus Button at long last so I can encourage soldiers and hopefully reinforce my armies before Attacking Morocco.

Here are the Generals and Admirals who will lead this first phase of Spain's Reconquista, as I believe the Spanish Wars in Latin America after the Napoleonic Wars were called...

upload_2019-12-2_16-35-3.png

Oh, hold on, these are the Sheep, and they will have a strictly non-combative role in this...I mean, who ever heard of an Army led by a Sheep? THESE are the Generals.

upload_2019-12-2_16-37-45.png

upload_2019-12-3_8-47-0.png

upload_2019-12-3_8-46-7.png

upload_2019-12-3_8-46-26.png

upload_2019-12-3_8-45-18.png

upload_2019-12-3_8-45-34.png

The Github one switched to from PoD to HPM I think, being honest as a contributor I've been trying to raise Attalus to persuade him to switch back as I prefer PoD and have just been updating my personal version of DoD with the PoD base for a couple months due to getting less bugs like the one you describe.

I don't handle technical things outside of .txt files so I think I saw you asking about this over on the Plaza but I couldn't help.

I think try PMing Attalus maybe? I've tried doing with that with other things but he doesn't respond but I can't think of what else to do.

I asked him.and got no response.

*Rant Alert!*
Unbelievable...went on the Victoria II page on my steam account today to try and view my screenshots so I could start writing the little alternate history timeline I wanted to share with you folks on here..."where's all my screenshots gone?" I definitely didn't empty my screenshot library yesterday, and mysteriously some of my other games had been uninstalled by themselves. I went on Victoria II this evening...ah, there are my saved games exactly where I left them...suddenly I hear the screenshot noise endlessly and all of a sudden it says "1152 screenshots taken;" from the looks of it the older ones I thought had disappeared...what the hell is going on here?
*Rant Mode Deactivated*

Anyway with my Spain Game I was thinking, before I "lost" the Screenshots I had taken ~ it's good they're back but I'm just so confused ~ of going after Egypt as a target for conquest after the conquest of Morocco. I know Spain never actually conquered Egypt in OTL but, hey, what's a Colonial Empire without Egypt as a province? I've decided to leave my Spain Game for a time because I'm feeling a bit Victoria II'd out, so to speak...I will hopefully return to it after the New Year.

Been conquering Africa fairly easily lately. Figured out a strategy as almost any nation. Did a few with the Italians states where I would ally with either France or Spain and use their military to take all of N. Africa and then just the rest by focusing on those colonial techs.

Did one as the US, somehow I broke Liberia away from its satellite situation, conquered it and then moved to N. Africa. I had almost all of it except Egypt, the small provinces Spain, Portugal, the UK, etc. had minus some really minor territory places where they beat me to. Did this so many times on variations I got bored. However, I can't seem to replicate what I did to Liberia. Anyone know why?

Also, I hope this is the most recent Vicky II thread. Been trying to find it and just came across this one as I was looking at other things.

Did Liberia have a revolution?
Not that I can remember, it was early in the game, where I was intentionally trying to break them off. I lowered relations and while I dealt with Texas/Mexico situation turned around and able to justify war. Never saw any problems with their own nation if they had it unfortunately.

Not that I can remember, it was early in the game, where I was intentionally trying to break them off. I lowered relations and while I dealt with Texas/Mexico situation turned around and able to justify war. Never saw any problems with their own nation if they had it unfortunately.

That's usually it- Liberia or the USA having a revolution. Otherwise Liberia doesn't gain its independence until the event fires giving it that.

Then you should be able to release Liberia manually via diplomacy.

Alternatively I suggest playing a game as Liberia to figure out the ins and outs of its gaining independence.

So something I am curious about is if Victoria's 3 was to happen. What are some things that you would like to see?

For me I want better governments and politics. What I mean by this is I want to have different term limits for different nations. I want there to be a cabinet and leader for the different political parties, So that the famous statesmen of the era can be represented IG. The other thing is I want the social movements to be far better represented IG. So things like Abolitionism, Women's suffrage, Temperance Movement, and the Rise of Trade Unionism just to name a few.

There should also be something to reflect that in 1836, what a number of ideologies are isn't set in stone. Not sure how to represent this but I recall reading on the PDX forums that someone suggested doing something similar to Protestant church reforms for ideologies, but I am not sure. Still representing that what liberal meant in 1836 vs 1936 and how things could go rather differently, is something I would love to see.

So thoughts on my ideas and what would you like to see?

Another thing I would like to see is in Vicky III is not having a revolution every year with units showing up out of thin air with all the revolutionaries from history put through a copy machine. It really got to the point in some Vicky II games all I did after 1880 or so was crush revolutions reset my army for another war then another revolution started.

Weird, I always see people complain about revolutions in Vicky 2 but they, like, never happen to me?

I might get one or two when playing in Europe and the "Age of Revolutions" happens, but those ones are usually tiny so easily crushed. Usually I have very high Pop con and almost non-existent Militancy.

Weird, I always see people complain about revolutions in Vicky 2 but they, like, never happen to me?

I might get one or two when playing in Europe and the "Age of Revolutions" happens, but those ones are usually tiny so easily crushed. Usually I have very high Pop con and almost non-existent Militancy.
Same actually, I get a few of course but not the game-breaking ones people talk about as happening all the time.

Pretty much same. See below.
Same actually, I get a few of course but not the game-breaking ones people talk about as happening all the time.
Same. I have some, several of which are "game-breaking" (one as Germany where the revolterd where higher than my population, another as s Unciv, but all my reactionary pops revolted and died), but none of the "so many rebels that my army loses" unless I REALLY REALLY try to piss off my public by being resistant to reforms and dragging out wars.
Hell, I've had whole Prussia - NGF - Germany games with none.
Same.
Clearly we're just lucky. :p
I think it's just we don't try to resist any reforms whatsoever. The only games I get even close to these fabled "broken revolutions" I have actively opposed reform to keep some kind of totalitarian nation.

V2_MAP_LAU_1850.4.30_2.png

That big blue blob is the Latino Union, a formable nation I made(and yes, all the territory it owns are necessary to form it). The mini mod in question is very basic and pretty flavorless, as it is my first time making an actual serious mod outside of adding custom nations. I think I might reduce the number of territories needed to initially form it and then add events similar to manifest destiny for the US to give it certain cores.