Victoria II

Tellus

Banned
Yep. Hoped the timeline would include the civil war, but oh well :) Good enough until Friday.

Yep. Hoped the timeline would include the civil war, but oh well :) Good enough until Friday.

You might be able to get a start to the Civil War, at least. In the first, if you were aggressively anti-southern/anti-slavery, you could start off the Civil War years early.

Tellus

Banned
The House Divided AAR saw the Civil War break out in 1849, so its possible to see it in the demo.

If and only If they left in the Civil War events. Given the timeline, its possible that they cut them out. We'll see quite soon :)

The tutorial is actually rather good this time around to!

There are still spelling mistakes and bad grammar pretty much everywhere though, which while a bit of a classic feature of Paradox games is still rather sad ;)

Penelope

Banned
The tutorial is actually rather good this time around to!

There are still spelling mistakes and bad grammar pretty much everywhere though, which while a bit of a classic feature of Paradox games still is rather sad ;)

Can't Paradox hire some good translators? They've made millions by this point, I mean, this is getting ridiculous.

Ugh, fileplanet looks like a total piece shit now.

I have to install almost five things just to download this stupid demo

Err, no.

Download now->pick one of the free public servers->open the popup in case your browser blocked it like mine->click the Click here to continue to the public queue->Download! You don't have to install anything.

Still looks like shit though, I can agree with that.

Bright day
Fileplanet's downlad manager is okay and I have had it for years. You should be better prepared. ;)

Penelope

Banned
Ok, I'm going to need someone to explain all this to me.

Where are Presidents/leaders? Are their only congressional majorities?

Yes. If you mean generals and admirals, the military button a the top.
No, I think he means, well, presidents or monarchs, depending on the country in question. Basically, ones that can participate in the ruling of a country without necessary being a part of whatever faction is in control of the parliament, like the US President or the German Emperor.

Penelope

Banned
Yes. If you mean generals and admirals, the military button a the top.

No I mean like "President Abraham Lincoln of the United States of America", not Generals. I know about generals - I was just wondering if Presidential Elections took place along with the Congressional ones.

No I mean like "President Abraham Lincoln of the United States of America", not Generals. I know about generals - I was just wondering if Presidential Elections took place along with the Congressional ones.

Thus the yes. There are only congressional elections, excluding events and decisions mentioning otherwise.