Victoria II

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Tellus, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Luminous Headwing Consulting

I've seen it happen before, myself, especially once nations get their initial targets in, and you start having excess influence bleeding everywhere. It's happened to me late game, when I've maxed out everyone I try to influence and then I randomly start having enough points to become cordial with a nation halfway around the globe.

Regardless, it is a consideration, as the AI is sometimes weird. I find that Canada is actually easy enough to integrate, so it's better to keep them. Without any US cores, and if you keep US relations high, that takes an entire hemisphere of headaches away. Typically worth it.

2. Etruscan-enthusiast35 master of the ancient art of schlock

Hobbiton, The Shire, Eriador, Middle-Earth
    Does anybody have an unedited copy of the text.csv file?
    I ask because as of late I've been experiencing issues with countries and provinces having completely wrong names. Not only that but often times the descriptions of the different types of tech are visible on the actual tabs instead of in the description box at the bottom of the screen.

3. floyd22 Well-Known Member

An Update on my UK Game:

upload_2018-8-29_16-36-15.png

Bring it on!

upload_2018-8-29_16-35-4.png

Yay!

upload_2018-8-29_16-33-46.png upload_2018-8-29_16-34-17.png upload_2018-8-29_16-35-40.png

Ggggrrr!

TrucKola, Prussian1871, JALC and 2 others like this.
  4. Kirook Well-Known Member

It’s really frustrating sometimes how hard it is to get the Victoria II AI to accept a peace.

Fighting the American Civil War? You’ll have to keep every single province in the entire South occupied for a year before they’ll surrender.

Fighting the Austro-Prussian War? You’ll need to individually defeat every pro-Austrian German minor and then occupy all of Bohemia before rolling into Vienna, and only then will they give up their hegemony.

Fighting off Britain as an Indian state like the Mughals or the EIC? You can crush multiple 60K-strong armies and occupy vast swathes of land and they won’t break a sweat.

5. Ephraim Ben Raphael Super Writer Extraordinaire

At least you have Belgium as a foothold on the continent?

6. The Undead Martyr GOP Delenda Est

Paradox AI in general is infuriatingly obstinate.

Kirook and Jim Smitty like this.
  7. floyd22 Well-Known Member

That and it means my Men will have Access to the Best Chocolate in Europe. No Shortages on the Confectionary Front! ;-)

How many of my Default Armies should I leave in the British Home Islands to Deter the AI from Invading? I was going to leave some of my Men in newly-Conquered Madagascar as a Garrison and send another lot [Three Infantry and a Cannon] to South Africa for similar Reasons.

8. Rognvald Höfundur á Sögur Gone Fishin'

I always found the CK2 AI to be the easiest to force to terms (capturing the King or just bludgeoning his counties to death), but anything beyond that is terrible.

Vicky 2 feels really weird to go back to after sinking a ton of time in HOI4. I miss my front lines :,( But I do like the POPs detail and demographic info.

9. Larus Marinus Formerly Kuld von Reyn

I've found that the AI is actually quite easy to convince as long as your wargoals aren't too nasty. It makes sense; the AI knows that if it agrees to your nastier terms, it will often essentially be out of the game forever, so might as well fight to the last man and make you pay.

10. phrynolatry Well-Known Member

11. phrynolatry Well-Known Member

Ephraim Ben Raphael likes this.
  12. Justinianus Banned

I've never had that happen to me. Once I've got 100% war score (usually once I've occupied most of the country) they surrender.

13. Kirook Well-Known Member

Well, the problem is that it doesn’t get to 100% war score even with ridiculously high numbers of occupations, and they won’t sue for peace at any less than 80% or so.

14. Justinianus Banned

:confused:

That's not what your post said. You said you had to occupy every province for an entire year, which just isn't the case. Indeed, I've won the civil war in just over a year from the 1861 start date.

15. Kirook Well-Known Member

This might be an HPM or HFM thing, honestly, since I don’t really play vanilla anymore these days. But what I meant is that I can sit on the Confederacy and keep it almost full-occupied for a long stretch of time without getting quite enough warscore to force a surrender.

16. phrynolatry Well-Known Member

17. Larus Marinus Formerly Kuld von Reyn

18. TrucKola Raccoon Emperor of Gaulish Brennusia

Any help in acquiring single provinces in the console?

19. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

Use the provid command. Then use the changeowner command ("changeowner [TAG] [province id]" - TAG is the three-letter code for the country you want to get the province, province id is the numeric code for the province. With the provid command entered, hovering the mouse over a province shows its id).

The Undead Martyr likes this.
  20. haider najib Well-Known Member

anyone played the ottomans in HFM or HPM how do population exchange work? Also anyone taken the Armenian genocide route?