Victoria 3

anyone have any idea how to give away territory that you don't want but that isn't a releasable subject? I don't want Oklahoma, it's got permanent debuffs due to my general using mustard gas, how do I offload it onto someone else?

anyone have any idea how to give away territory that you don't want but that isn't a releasable subject? I don't want Oklahoma, it's got permanent debuffs due to my general using mustard gas, how do I offload it onto someone else?
Loose a war.
More seriously I don't think you can. Vic3 has very rudementary options for territory exchange. Apparently the only ways to give away regions currently available are to Release a subject, surrender territory in a diplomatic play or loose a war. No exchange of territory without diplomatic play (except if hardwired for certain conditions like Alaska), no freeing people for an existing country and for some reason liberation of a new country is a wargoal, but not available to start a diplomatic play.

I plan to play the UK and then converting into a Republic by one way or another, and then start exporting revolutions in Continental Europe.

If you had been playing Vic2 I would suggest savegame editing; however, the savegame files of V3 appear to be compressed (I just opened one on my own laptop) making that impossible.

If you had been playing Vic2 I would suggest savegame editing; however, the savegame files of V3 appear to be compressed (I just opened one on my own laptop) making that impossible.
There is a mod that gives you the option to trade territory. It is called the State Transfer Tool on the Steam Workshop.

I had a problem occur where the political power of one of the Influence Groups in my country got so large it over flowed and went negative and collapsed my legitimacy. Hopefully they will fix this cause a large portion of my population switching from loyalist to radical because too many of them are loyalist seems very dumb to me.

Last edited:
I had a problem occur where the political power of one of the Influence Groups in my country got so large it over flowed and went negative and collapsed my legitimacy.
Hmm, that reminds me of CivI's (or was it II's) super aggressive Gandhi...

So how's the latest DLC/patch? I saw enough complaining about bugs in the Paradox forums that I did what I did to EUIV after Leviathan came out-locked the game at the last good version (1.27 in this case) until Paradox releases a hotfix or two. Paradox is a good company that produces some amazing content...that you should generally wait until the first hotfix to buy.

For people who have played the patch or DLC-just how bad is the situation, and was the DLC worth your $14.99?

So how's the latest DLC/patch? I saw enough complaining about bugs in the Paradox forums that I did what I did to EUIV after Leviathan came out-locked the game at the last good version (1.27 in this case) until Paradox releases a hotfix or two. Paradox is a good company that produces some amazing content...that you should generally wait until the first hotfix to buy.

For people who have played the patch or DLC-just how bad is the situation, and was the DLC worth your $14.99?
£15 for a DLC!

Yeah, what the fuck Paradox - if Grey Eminence actually comes out, I wonder how many will jump ship.
Yeah, the DLC model they've adopted feels really exploitative and controlling. I miss the days when there was a giant expansion once every year or two for $25, with no "free update" (featuring incomplete-without-the-DLC content) that forced itself into your game files whether you liked it or not.

This meme seems really appropriate actually.
24068222_1955897031332075_5670976328836461917_n.jpg

Yeah, the DLC model they've adopted feels really exploitative and controlling. I miss the days when there was a giant expansion once every year or two for $25, with no "free update" (featuring incomplete-without-the-DLC content) that forced itself into your game files whether you liked it or not.

This meme seems really appropriate actually.
24068222_1955897031332075_5670976328836461917_n.jpg

The one thing they're doing well right now, is Stellaris - sure, there's DLCs, but they also improved on the game proper via a dedicated team of people. That said, the DLCs are so many that I can only get them by sailing the seven seas, otherwise I'd be even more broke than usual.

It's alright.

I got it for having the pre-order so it didn't cost me anything, but honestly I think 15 is pretty fair for what it is. Have run into a couple of minor bugs, but nothing gamebreaking, and it adds some nice flavour for France for sure.

Main complaints would be how it changes the unification of Germany and basically railroads a German v France war even though one of the most fun things I used to do was have insanely good German-Franco relations and basically form the EU about 60 years early.

I will say this though, if people think this DLC has been a buggy mess, they should look at Age of Wonders 4, that's having some problems and a half. Also Paradox so have to wonder if maybe the QA team might need a stern talking to.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
The one thing they're doing well right now, is Stellaris - sure, there's DLCs, but they also improved on the game proper via a dedicated team of people. That said, the DLCs are so many that I can only get them by sailing the seven seas, otherwise I'd be even more broke than usual.
Oops.

Wrong.

Your pirate ship has hit a reef.

Next time a Mod tells you to stop. It means STOP. It does not mean law low for a while until the heat blows over.

See ya in 7.

Ian the Admin

Administrator
Donor
Oops.

Wrong.

Your pirate ship has hit a reef.

Next time a Mod tells you to stop. It means STOP. It does not mean law low for a while until the heat blows over.

See ya in 7.

Saying you pirate software is in no way against the rules of this board. Only posting actual pirated content or links to pirated content is against the rules.

Kick reversed.

Is Victoria 3 worth buying right now, or should I wait a few more months?
I've been playing since release with a Deluxe Version; 1.0 was fun in a "AI is a speedbump at best, lets learn the mechanics", 1.1 and 1.2 made it a little more difficult to snowball, but also made the AI actually build stuff for the economics - but you still want to directly not autonomously control the building.

1.3 is still new to me, but I'm hoping to play more this month and try out a few different countries. It's NOT a map painter like EU4, but if you play a Great Power you're probably going to be able to be bigger than the next 2-3 Great Powers combined from your skills at management versus AI.

It really depends on your CPU power, late game gets very slow to compute, but it's still a Paradox game that thrives in long term planning and roleplay; it's not EU4 or HOI 4 with extensive suggested paths for the AI to expand, it's more of a CK3 where you decide how much you want to abuse the metrics to form a Super Empire.