Victoria 3!!!

I like the idea of non-state actors. Giant companies, NGOs, maybe the league of nations. Might be a DLC like merchant republics in ck2.
I'd also like to see nomadic groups like the Sama-Bajau
Definitely, if they wanted to include the League of Nations. If "East & West" had been released they were going to include the U.N.

Let's have real anarchists represented in the game, not "anarcho-liberals" which should NOT be called that.
And let's have the ability to play as non-state actors.
But how do you define what a "real anarchist" is? As far as I can gather, Anarchism is a left wing political movement which wants to get rid of authority, which it believes is undesirable.

For non state actors they could include some big corporations that existed around 1900. They could also include the likes of Isambard Kingdom Brunel and Robert Stephenson [for Britain] and Henry Ford, J.P. Morgan and John D. Rockerfeller [for the U.S.] Oh, yes, and the all important Chickens.

The biggest problem with a flow system is that it's something you constantly need to pay attention to.

Victoria II gets away with it because it is really an economy sim with an occasional outbreak of war and rebellion. Imperator was Vici-fied and whilst it's a solid game now I'm not sure how fun it is.

If all the Paradox Grand Sim games get Vici-fied then Paradox's fan base will shrink considerably as will their profits.
I still think they should try making games set in a new era. It gets a bit boring playing the same historical periods over and over again.

I still think they should try making games set in a new era. It gets a bit boring playing the same historical periods over and over again.
At the moment they "only" have a gap in the 50CE -800CE era from 300 BCE onwards. Now there probably is a fall of the (Western) Roman Empire game in there and /or a Three Kingdoms to Tang in the East

I do think they could bring there Grand Strategy concepts and focus them on a smaller geographical area or time period but I'm in a minority on this I think.

At the moment they "only" have a gap in the 50CE -800CE era from 300 BCE onwards. Now there probably is a fall of the (Western) Roman Empire game in there and /or a Three Kingdoms to Tang in the East

I do think they could bring there Grand Strategy concepts and focus them on a smaller geographical area or time period but I'm in a minority on this I think.
A YouTuber I watch who regularly does Paradox games is actually playing through a Bronze Age mod for Imperator. I do agree that they have large swathes of historical ages covered and really their support for the modding community is a big reason why their games aren't as samey as you'd expect.

Last edited:
This is a game that needs support to a larger degree then their mainline titals becuse the Victoria series did not sell to the same degree as the EU or HOI series (it was not a cash cow during its life span) which is partly why we have had to wait over a decade for another installment so for those who want to adopt a wait and see approach do to leviathan I don't blame you (I lost a successful iron man white sheep persia run becuse of the update so I feel you) but I would suggest doing it over futer DLCs for Victoria and not pre-order sales numbers, as compeling as it may be to do so.

Last edited:
But how do you define what a "real anarchist" is? As far as I can gather, Anarchism is a left wing political movement which wants to get rid of authority, which it believes is undesirable.

Yeah, that's what I was going for. An end to hierarchy and exploitation. Quite different from Victoria 2's anarcho-liberals whose goal is a "bourgeois dictatorship"

Let's have real anarchists represented in the game, not "anarcho-liberals" which should NOT be called that.
And let's have the ability to play as non-state actors.
Different game which is why anarchist movements get short shrift. Almost by definition an anarchist state in Victoria would not be a viable entity to play as there is no "state". Anarcho-Communist states could be fun to play though.

I hope they release a "Shadow of Bolivar" DLC that fleshes out Latin amarica and adds Grand Colombia as a formidable nation (possibly make a achivment for having all of Latin amarica owned or sphered as Grand Colombia)
But above all else there needs to be a "Legacy of Napolion" DLC that expands on the second empire and Napoleon III with a achevment for reforming the borders of the first empire by occupying or sphereing all relivent land while siegeing London or Moscow.

Last edited:
I hope they release a "Shadow of Bolivar" DLC that fleshes out Latin amarica and adds grand Grand Colombia as a formidable nation (possibly make a achivment for having all of Latin amarica owned or sphered as Grand Colombia)
They will only do this if they are running out of ideas.

But I hope you can somehow form Pan-Latin America, "Gran Colombia" isn't really an adequate name for this.

Last edited:
I hope they release a "Shadow of Bolivar" DLC that fleshes out Latin amarica and adds grand Grand Colombia as a formidable nation (possibly make a achivment for having all of Latin amarica owned or sphered as Grand Colombia)
But above all else there needs to be a "legacy of Napolion" DLC that expands on the second empire and Napoleon III with a achevment for reforming the borders of the first empire by occupying or sphereing all relivent land while siegeing London or Moscow.
Not just Gran Colombia, but they could expand it to include items for Brazil, Chile, and Paraguay. The key is to make South America not be an annoying continent to play on. :p

One thing I've liked from the dev diary, the gunboat diplomacy and market sphering bit, it's that it'll make playing tall even more feasible than it was in Vicky 2; a mid-sized country without actual colonies (or even just a few trading ports) could stand on par with the big colonial players if they are strong enough economically, more or less like a less broken version of merchant republics in Crusader Kings 2 I guess.

Putting together a few notions from the dev diary, it'd be entirely possible to base your economy on a hybrid of state monopolies for essential infrastructure, cooperatives almost everywhere, and the occasional small private firm, while making honest (for 19th century standards) trade deals with African and Asian countries rather than colonizing them.

Yeah, that's what I was going for. An end to hierarchy and exploitation. Quite different from Victoria 2's anarcho-liberals whose goal is a "bourgeois dictatorship"
Assuming our Sheep are featured in game somewhere I wonder how they feel about the baaaa ~ ourgeois?

I hope they release a "Shadow of Bolivar" DLC that fleshes out Latin amarica and adds Grand Colombia as a formidable nation (possibly make a achivment for having all of Latin amarica owned or sphered as Grand Colombia)
But above all else there needs to be a "Legacy of Napolion" DLC that expands on the second empire and Napoleon III with a achevment for reforming the borders of the first empire by occupying or sphereing all relivent land while siegeing London or Moscow.
That'd be brilliant! They could also do a DLC with a start date earlier than 1836; say the Greek War of Independence or shortly after the Battle of Waterloo in 1815.

Different game which is why anarchist movements get short shrift. Almost by definition an anarchist state in Victoria would not be a viable entity to play as there is no "state". Anarcho-Communist states could be fun to play though.
They could include the First World War as a start date, then they could include the Russian Revolution [with an option to play as the Black Army]

Since I mentioned Sheep we've had 95 lambs born this year, four of which are being fed from a bottle as their mothers couldn't make enough milk for them.

I hope we don't have anarcho-capitalism in the game, at least not to the degree they existed in Vic 2, it is pretty stupid and unrealistic.

How can you have that many ancaps when you don't have teenagers making videos on Youtube? It breaks my immersion.

Last edited:
How about not having your country explode into rebellion from various groups at the drop of a hat in the mid to late game? I could get behind that.
That would be nice. Also fixing the issue where if you're pacifist you're much more likely to suffer rebellions (?). I had some games as the United States where I started suffering constant rebellions in the 1870s or 1880s because, apparently, I didn't have an army. Why? I dunno. It's not like the U.S. had that much of an army in reality...

Do y’all have any thoughts on what nations to play first?

Too early, yeah, but I’d probably choose Japan as my first playthrough; I’ve always been fascinated with the Meiji Revolution and how this tiny island nation managed to modernize enough to beat Russia and become pretty much the only non-European country to join the world stage on anything close to equal terms... Oh, and of course, starting a world war. Really excited to play the game when it finally comes out...
I'll probably do the U.S. That's mostly who I played as in Victoria II (and Victoria: Revolutions, actually), anyway. Besides being my own home country, the U.S. is a great "stress test" for most of the game's systems, since it's primarily economy and politics-focused (so you really get to see how well or badly those systems work), yet has several major wars it normally fights (Mexican-American and Civil War) and can become a very aggressive country if you want. After that probably Russia, which has some of the same qualities.

Of possible DLCs, one base around the Greek War of Independence and Muhammad Ali of Egypt could be most certainly fun to play around with so to speak.

Of possible DLCs, one base around the Greek War of Independence and Muhammad Ali of Egypt could be most certainly fun to play around with so to speak.
I hope we have events to emulate the Oriental Crisis.

EU 4, for example, has the annoying absence of events to resemble the quick Ottoman takeover of Egypt, forcing you to use console commands if you don't want to break your immersion, and I'm not even talking about the mana.

Last edited:
The another DLC would be involving ideologies and perhaps, the industrialization where each country with rich resources are utilized for use in case the country decides to industrialize themselves in other to stave off any foreign invasion or pullijg a Meiji. Do you think it is good or not?