Valtakunta: a Classic Nazi Victory TL from Finland

There is one Finnish Nazi Victory TL/project among which all others pale in comparison. That is Valtakunta ("The Reich"), an effort to create a website that maps the complete history and today of a Nazi-dominated Europe of the Fatherland/In the Presence of Mine Enemies mold.

The project, as far as I am aware, is mainly the work of one guy, Sampsa Rydman (or "Taivaansusi"), and has been around since the turn of the millennium. Some of the maps and other media from the project have been posted on AH.com at one time or another. The writer himself has said that his main inspiration was indeed Fatherland by Harris, though from what I remember his timeline is at least somewhat more realistic than in the book.

In 2007, the Valtakunta web page vanished and was apparently in some sort of limbo with a internet speculator hijacking it and ransoming it back to the original owner and so the project was unavailable. But now a couple of days ago I learned that since last spring, the page is back online and the writer is slowly adding old and new material on it, so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

It has been some time since I read the TL, so I can't remember what the POD was or how Germany managed to win the war. In the new pages, mainly the European country profiles are now up, with a assortment of gorgeously realized maps, flags and other media. The page itself takes the form of an ATL Finnish-government (closely allied to Nazi Germany) approved information site about the history and today of Europe. It is very much like a look at an official ATL website, and the text naturally omits such things as the Holocaust or other Nazi atrocities and plays up the modern, unified and harmonious nature of Europe.

If you can't read Finnish you're out of luck, though. It seems that an English version might be coming in the future, but don't get your hopes up.

Most working content as of September 2012 can be accessed through this page (under the link "Eurooppa"):

http://www.valtakunta.eu/index2.shtml

The large map of Europe has direct links into the country profiles.
1aK+F4PJ7cBm32CUNiyI2GAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Faeelin

Banned
Google Chrome will translate Finnish fairly decently. Also Karelian's excellent Prisoners of Silence uses this as the base.

If I'm correct, the POD is that Hitler's niece doesn't die and as a result he's *slightly* less genocidal. Atleast, that's what I remember...

Intreresting. I wonder why southern Italy is independent, and how Sweden and Switzerland escaped from being made into satellites.

Intreresting. I wonder why southern Italy is independent, and how Sweden and Switzerland escaped from being made into satellites.

In Italy happen quiet similar things as in OTL. Americans occupy Southern Italy and Grand Council of Fascist fire Mussolini. Later Mussolini found onto North Social Republic of Italy support by German and country is de-facto vassal state. Southern Italy remains as kingdom and it is ally of US.

I have read that TL but I don't remember how Switzerland and Sweden are neutral. And much other details I have forgot too. Should sometimes re-read whole thing.

The version that was pulled a while back also had an English-language section for most of the items. Glad to see the site return. It's easily one of the most visually engaging and realistic Nazi-wins efforts - in part because the old version at least we less concerned with the PoDs than what the alternate present looked and smelt like

Google Chrome will translate Finnish fairly decently. Also Karelian's excellent Prisoners of Silence uses this as the base.

But it still leaves something to be desired. It's like a poorly fan-subbed anime, with some gratuitous untranslated Finish thrown in for good measure.