Valdore's V-BAM store AkA huge Historical Province Maps

So I've posted my Austria WIP province Map a few days ago and I thought, hey, why continue annoying the map thread iv when you also can do your own thread?

So this is Valdore's V-BAM Store AkA Valdore's Shitstuff Corner.
In this thread I will post (nearly) all of my maps including Germany-AustroHungary V-BAM, M-BAM, Alternate timelines, french fries, Graphics and whatnot.

I will start this by showing you my current "mega"-project, recreating the provinces of Austria-Hungary, German Empire, Congress Poland and some Bonus areas in one map. I will be using my old Über-BAM of Europe (see signature) and revamp it.
Not only is this supposed to help people making maps from 1815-1920, it is also a project for myself so I have a huge map of my ASB timeline's Greater Germany (which comprises of said areas) :D

planned_regions.png

This is the map I'll be making. Red is the area I definitely will do, while I'm unsure if I should do Blue or Not.

vbam_update.png

Here's the current progress map.
While "done" means that both state and county border are (re)made, "partly done" means that only the state/international border is finished. "Not done" is, well, not done. Or maybe it's done but it's still not remade because imo my old Über-Bam of Europe honestly sucks...
As of January 13th, this is what I've completed so far:
austria_teaser1.png

I already have the county maps of Austria-Hungary and Germany but it's extremely time-consuming to do these very large regions...

K that's it so far.

JJohnson

Banned
Great maps, Valdore! It reminds me of my in-progress Greater Germany timeline for which I'm looking for a much better mapmaker than myself. I know what I want to see, but it surpasses my skills. I apologize in advance if this post is too long or uninteresting to you.

Roughly, my timeline version of Germany is:
European Territory: German Empire, German Austria, minus Nordschleswig, plus Belfort and Briey from France, Eupen-Malmedy (plus Malmedy and Waimes), extra bits of Burgenland
States (1910 borders, where different from today): Rhineland, Westphalia, Hannover (Lower Saxony), Mecklenburg, East Prussia, West Prussia, Posen, Silesia, Teschen Silesia, Brandenburg, Schleswig-Holstein, Saxony-Anhalt, Thuringia, Saxony, Hessen (Hesse-Nassau and Hesse), Bavaria, Baden, Wurttemberg, Alsace-Lorraine, Tirol, Vorarlberg, Burgenland, Sudetenland, German Bohemia, Upper/Lower Austria, Styria, Carinthia, Salzburg, Pomerania; I'm debating adding Burgund (Franche-Comté) as another state to bring it up to 36 states (with 5 city-states)
-City-States: Hamburg (modern HB and Cuxhaven), Berlin (modern), Lübeck (modern), Vienna (modern), Bremen (modern)
-What I can see in my head, but lack the skill to do would be a series of maps: a regular political map with states/capitals, dialects, topography map, Postleitzahlen map, religious denomination map (quite different from OTL Germany), autobahn/rail map connecting all the state capitals and major cities, and a territorial evolution series
Territories in/around Europe: Spain's Plazas de Sobereina; German Samoa, Pleasant Island, Caroline Islands
Evolution: 1600s: HRE; Free County turns Protestant along with most of German-speaking and Polish-speaking lands; Germans migrate into the territory over the centuries, forming over half the population by 1650; 1815, the German Confederation is formed with the Electorate and Grand Duchy of Hesse forming a united Kingdom of Hesse; the Thuringian states are merged into a Grand Duchy; Prussia creates the Rhine Province, but loses it in 1848; Westphalia is created in its modern border, but lost in 1848 during the Revolutions; 1848: Prussia loses Rhine Province and Westphalia (which become Republics), and Hanover remains a kingdom; Prussia adopts a more liberal constitution without censorship of the press. 1866, the North German Confederation is formed; Prussia remains an eastern German state in this version of the NGC. In 1871, this NGC is merged with southern German states during a war with France led by Frederick I, their first Kaiser, leading it till 1895; Alsace-Lorraine is added to Germany as a full state, even the French are integrated into German life, and at least a third convert to Lutheranism; Wilhelm I (OTL Willy 2) is raised much milder, and avoids several diplomatic incidents of OTL Germany; 1914, WW1 starts with A-H starting the war; Germany waffles, but France declares war and fires first to take back A-L; Germany tries to get the UK on its side, but the UK joins France. Germany's diplomatic efforts do earn it sympathy in Parliament, and by 1919, its loss is mitigated to: loss of Alsace-Lorraine and Nord-Schleswig, repayment of half its OTL payments over 50 years, military limits, keeping its royalty, and no union with German-Austria; German Austria gets its requested territory. By 1939, France and Austria fall to Fascist governments as do Spain and Italy, and again war falls on Germany, who this time has the UK as an ally. By 1945, the Fascists fall, but the German royal families had already been executed by the fascists. Germany is declared a republic in 1946, with Helmut Kohl as its first President, modeled more along the American model, but with the Chancellor running the cabinet/government similarly to the UK/German model. Austria is merged with Germany, and small concessions are made from France, including (Burgundy,) Belfort, Briey, and Artois/Lille to the Netherlands. (Very rough, so sorry if it doesn't make too much sense just yet)

The rest of Europe in the timeline is slightly different:
-Netherlands: Belgium, Netherlands, Dunkirk, Flanders, Lille, and Artois, minus the German-community and Luxemburg as "United Kingdom of the Netherlands" (united since the 1600s in this timeline)
-UK: Ireland, UK, with Gibraltar and Spanish Morocco and Tangier International Area united as 'Gibraltar' and the small Calais, plus all other current territories.
-Basque territory separated out from France/Spain
-Finland: old, larger Duchy borders
-Poland: Second Republic borders, minus portion in Germany and what's now in Lithuania
-Spain: add Roussillon back from France;
-Belarus: modern borders, minus what's in Poland/Lithuania
-Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania: modern borders, minus anything in Germany
-Ukraine: as today, except what's in Romania
-Luxemburg: modern Luxembourg plus Belgian Luxemburg
-Greece: modern border, plus Northern Epirus, all of Cyprus, and the Aegean parts of Turkey (Europe: Edirne, Kirklareli, Tekirdag, Istanbul; Anatolia: Mugla, Aydin, Izmir, Manisa, Balikesir, Canakkale, Bursa, Yalova, Kocaeli, Sakarya, Bilecik)
-Italy: modern Italy plus Corsica, Savoy, Nice, Austrian Littoral, Briancon, Bresse and Bugey;
-Switzerland: modern borders, plus Gex;
-Vatican: Leonine city borders (slightly larger)
-Hungary: WW2 borders; Romania: Greater Romania minus what's in Hungary
-Galicia: former A-H territory with a mixed German, Polish, Ukrainian population. A Neutral country since WW1
-Brittany: Celtic country separated from France
-any other country: borders as today
-France: remaining mainland Europe France
-USA: US, Canada, St Pierre et Miquelon, Bahamas, Bermuda, Rio Grande, Chihuahua, Sonora, Baja California; British Virgin Islands, Cuba

And an alternate, ASB or 'recolonization' version (on a duplicate Earth), slightly bigger:
European Territory: German Empire plus South Prussia, New Silesia, and New East Prussia, German Austria, plus Belfort, Briey, Eupen-Malmedy
-City-States: 5 as above
-States: 1910 borders for:
--Rhineland (plus Birkenfeld, minus its exclave), Westphalia (plus Lippe)
--Bavaria, Baden, Württemberg
--Hessen-Nassau, Hessen together as Hesse
--Alsace-Lorraine plus Belfort and Briey
--Saxony, West Prussia, East Prussia, Silesia, Posen, Pomerania, Brandenburg
--Teschen Silesia, New Silesia, South Prussia (the 1800s territory, minus what's in Posen), New East Prussia
--Thuringia and Saxony-Anhalt like this
--Burgenland with the little extra bits (Ödenburg, Wieselburg, Preßburg), Upper and Lower Austria, Tirol (plus South Tirol), Vorarlberg, Salzburg, Styria, Carinthia, Carniola, Küstenland, Sudetenland, German Bohemia, and the little added bits to Upper/Lower Austria,
--Schleswig-Holstein, Saxony (kingdom borders from 1910)
--Mecklenburg (Schwerin and Strelitz combined, without the exclaves)
--40 states total
-Territories: Plazas de Sobereina, Caroline Islands, Pleasant Island, French Guiana, Mascarene Islands, German New Guinea / Bismarck Archipelago, Canary Islands, German Samoa
-Other German-speaking lands: Namibia, Tanganyika (Tanzania plus the two small breakaway states top-left), Kamerun, New Westphalia (Uruguay, plus the next two Brazilian states above it)
-This version is for a novel I'm writing that's currently around 820 pages long so far, with the basic premise that a guy finds a space-ship that will let him recolonize a planet that's essentially a clone of Earth. He decides to bring along Americans, Dutch, Germans, British, and others, giving them their ancient territories that they may have lost in the past. Some countries here include Brittany, Normandy, Galicia (in place of Portugal), Galicia/Bukovina (for Germans), Groß-Deutschland, Roman Italy (for Latin speakers), Greater Greece (for Ancient Greek speakers), and so on. I can tell you more of that if you're interested.

Sorry for the long post. The short version is you're a great map maker and I hope you keep up making the great maps!

greater_german_kaiserreich.png

By the way, don't get irritated, this is the current progress ;)

Originally it was concepted as a post-1815 Bezirke basemap but it developed itself more into a Bezirke map for my titan-sized tl of Nightrise. However, the Bezirke are the same as 1815 so you're still able to make an 1815 map with the planned Nightrise map.

It's also intended as an ethnic, racial (Nightrise has fantasy elements) and likewise maps.

Nightrise Worlda Version (V2.6.3 r7) :
World_of_Nightrise_04.png

I also find it sweet how you try to explain me what all these areas are although I'm native who knows all of them :biggrin:

If you could direct me to this map it would be greatly appreciated. Also a small nitpick: Why is Fiume part of Istria and not Hungarian Croatia? Was there a different Ausgleich?
The Bezirke Map isn't finished yet XD

Also fiume is part of istria because it came that way in the tl showed there.

The Bezirke Map isn't finished yet XD

Also fiume is part of istria because it came that way in the tl showed there.
Seems like a fair reason^^
I was actually asking about the map you use to draw the Bezirke. I'm working on a project in the same area, but in a smaller, more focused scale. I've been looking at Regionalwahlkarten but these don't really go to the level of detail I'm looking for, so if you could give me a hint as where to look I'd be very grateful.

Deutsches_Kaiserreich_Bezirkskarte.png

Next update for the VBAM Germany map. I've begun, after a month-long sort-of hiatus for this map, making Bavaria's districts, and will continue on Daden, Alsace, Luxemburg, Württemberg and Silesia.

@Valdore Javorsky You still working on this?
Being honest I kind of abstained the VBAM as I concluded that the purpose of this map is achievable via MBAM (which looks better on that occasion as well).

As VBAM, which is a weird-wobbly 350% upscale of a Vicky 2 map, is similar to the size of FY-BAM, a theoretical scale which would be 300% the size of MBAM, I think it would be best to remake VBAM as VBAM2/FY-BAM.

For now, I'll only work on this MBAM here and when it's finished, I'll convert it to VBAM2/FY-BAM.
(By the way, that Vienna Inset in the lower right corner already is FY-BAM.)
German_Reichsbund_subdivisions.png

#XBAMfor2021