After my original map cave thread Valdore's V-BAM store AkA huge Historical Province Maps was more or less used as a thread solely filled with ✝VBAM content, I decided to make a new thread which will be my general map posting place. I'll guess that it'll be mainly filled with Nightrise stuff.

Such as this map of the Archduchy of Ukraine:
Erzherzogtum_Ukraine.png

More posts will follow.

I don't understand parts of that German empire. Why take Dutch colonies without taking the Netherlands, for example?

I don't understand parts of that German empire. Why take Dutch colonies without taking the Netherlands, for example?
Lore. Will be explained once I finish the whole map...

In short, an "illegal" government was installed in the Netherlands. Germany invaded them and gained their colonies, reinstalling the old government which had fled to Germany, which is why they didn't annex. (Similar things happened in Switzerland, Great Britain, Bavaria and some other states, although Bavaria was nom-ed).
In the great Vienna congress of 1878 ("the" peace treaty), the Netherlands gain new colonies, including South Africa.

Since I want to release only the fully finished map, I'll show you a progress map in QBAM showing my progress for the German Reichsbund Map of my World of Nightrise Timeline.
All States shown on the map are in a personal union and ,with the exception of switzerland, in a real union with Germany/the Danube Monarchy, effectively being puppets.
There are three puppets which effectively are autonomous parts of their respective master, which are the Raya-Indonesia (German Autonomous Reichsländer) and the Raspberry March/the Namibiya State (Ukraine).
The system works similarily to the SSR/ASSR system, but will be explained in the full TL. The system of the Reichsbund is complicated and depending on definition they're either a single state (the Reichsbund "State") or a compilation of very unitarily organized puppet states.
progress.png

After my original map cave thread Valdore's V-BAM store AkA huge Historical Province Maps was more or less used as a thread solely filled with ✝VBAM content, I decided to make a new thread which will be my general map posting place. I'll guess that it'll be mainly filled with Nightrise stuff.

Such as this map of the Archduchy of Ukraine:
View attachment 340810

More posts will follow.
It looks splendid, but the Austrians originally made up the term Archduchy for themselves, and I doubt it would be adopted in Ukraine, even if they had a Hapsburg on the throne. I'd say they would go for Grand Duchy at the very least, though the amount of land suggests Kingdom or Crown would not be out of order.

It looks splendid, but the Austrians originally made up the term Archduchy for themselves, and I doubt it would be adopted in Ukraine, even if they had a Hapsburg on the throne. I'd say they would go for Grand Duchy at the very least, though the amount of land suggests Kingdom or Crown would not be out of order.
As the Habsburgs have been neutralized (stripped from power) way before the foundation of both the German Empire and the actual Archduchy of Ukraine (before it was only called a "Witchdom"), and the Archduchess bearing the name "Archwitch of the 78th Element Platinum,Valeriya Yeliashkevych",
I guessed the name Archduchy would be fitting. Although I could consider grand duchy, I think that the name "Archduchy" sounds way more epic :winkytongue:

"Hungary looks a bit undetailed. One comitate has a size larger than an entire reichsland (like salzburg, mecklenburg or carinthia). shouldn't there be some sort of subdistrict?"

*Searches Internet*
Administrative_map_of_Hungary_%281891%29.png

Ehh... yep i'll have to revamp hungary
progress.png

Is there a reason behind the naming the country south of the Don Himbeermark?
I've read somewhere. that Ukranian Nationalists during WW1 wanted that area (whether incorporated or puppet) as it was filled with ukrainians, and it's been called "raspberry wedge".
Search results on the internet gave me nothing else than red high heels, so I decided to give it a more German name based on the Ukrainian-German Leadership and the German-centric theme of this TL (the US speaks German due to a referendum), and so, I transferred the name "Wedge", which can also be understood as a small piece of land, into "March", and there you have the Raspberry March (Himbeermark).

I've read somewhere. that Ukranian Nationalists during WW1 wanted that area (whether incorporated or puppet) as it was filled with ukrainians, and it's been called "raspberry wedge".

I thought that the name sounded a bit silly, so I decided to look into this to get to the bottom of it. I found a mention of this "Raspberry Wedge" on this page, which didn't do much, but it at least confirmed the geographical area. But then, stumbling into the Green Ukraine page on Wikipedia, I found it - the page referred to it as the purple wedge, but going to the link it presented to its Russian Wikipedia page, it is indeed called Raspberry Wedge, and it even has Polish and Ukrainian pages too! Looking into why it is called that, apparently, the color raspberry was used in Cossack ethnic flags, like the one used by the Kuban Cossacks that were there.

Hopefully this helps!

Last edited:
I thought that the name sounded a bit silly, so I decided to look into this to get to the bottom of it. I found a mention of this "Raspberry Wedge" on this page, which didn't do much, but it at least confirmed the geographical area. But then, stumbling into the Green Ukraine page on Wikipedia, I found it - the page referred to it as the purple wedge, but going to the link it presented to its Russian Wikipedia page, it is indeed called Raspberry Wedge, and it even has Polish and Ukrainian pages too! Looking into why it is called that, apparently, the color raspberry was used in Cossack ethnic flags, like the one used by the Kuban Cossacks that were there.

Hopefully this helps!
Intriguing. I thought I'd get slapped for that name sooner or later. But it appears that the name is indeed a proper name! Cool, thanks!

Why is Moldova not in the EF?
The EF essentially is a more progressed version of today's EU just with a small PoD in Polish-German Border Change during unification. Hasn't really affected world history due to its late differences. Ukraine eventually joined due to the "Crimea" conflict (which has already taken the east of the country before joining the EF)