USA conquers the Entire Anglosphere? USA+ CANZUK?

Will the Brits and Canadians speak with a Southern Drawl

• Yes

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • I mean yes.

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters

tex mex

Banned
The USA consists of the entire Anglosphere:
1. OTL USA
2. Canada
3. Great Britain Island
4. Australia
5. New Zealand

How can we have the USA conquer the Britain and Commonwealth Realms?
I want to see America include Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Britain.
Bonus: Everyone must speak with a Southern accent.

tex mex

Banned
What?

How?

With a POD after 1900, it's impossible unless you have consecutive US governments go apeshit and decide on a conquering spree. Totally ASB.
Not impossible. Can happen.
I want to see Canada, Australia, NZ and UK to be American states.

tex mex

Banned
What?

How?

With a POD after 1900, it's impossible unless you have consecutive US governments go apeshit and decide on a conquering spree. Totally ASB.
Then make the US gov go apeshit.
Perhaps Smedley Butler becomes American fascist dictator? Perhaps Teddy roosevelt goes bull moose?

Perhaps Teddy roosevelt goes bull moose?
Why in the name of all that is holy would Teddy Roosevelt of all people want to invade and conquer the entirety of the British Commonwealth?

There is basically no one in the entirety of US history that would want to try this, with the exception of fringe psychopaths who would never stand a chance of being in power in the first place.

tex mex

Banned
Why in the name of all that is holy would Teddy Roosevelt of all people want to invade and conquer the entirety of the British Commonwealth?

There is basically no one in the entirety of US history that would want to try this, with the exception of fringe psychopaths who would never stand a chance of being in power in the first place.
You sure? :rolleyes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaco_War#Advisers_and_volunteers check this out :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Walker_(filibuster) :rolleyes:

You sure? :rolleyes:
I have never heard anything about Huey Long that suggests he had pretensions to creating a pan-Anglo empire. Most of his talk was about populism on the home front. "Share out wealth" and "Every man a king" and all that. What part of that suggests he would invade Canada, or any part of the Commonwealth?
...Huey Long supports Paraguay, which is evidence he would want to invade the British Commonwealth???
A two bit opportunist who never had a chance at being the president or anything of the USA.

Also he was executed before 1900, so he's irrelevant to any discussion in this part of the forum.

Only Newfoundland soldiers on
Scots: "If the English surrender, it's going to be a long war..."

...and the Emus
emuarmy_1.jpg

Last edited:
Substitute “conquers” for “merges with” moves the ASB needle slightly more towards the probable.
While I doubt you’d be looking at the early 20th century (even post WW1, things weren’t that bad), perhaps a harder fought WW2 might make it possible. With a more damaged Britain and Canada/Australia/NZ even more aligned with the US, plus the more desperate leadership in the UK taking a more pro-US stance while the US itself becomes interested in expansion faced with the threat of an all-powerful USSR, then maybe… just maybe… you could see a few extra states appearing.

Is it possible to have the governments of those areas having fallen to revolution or invasion by other countries? I can see the US liberating or ‘liberating’ them and putting down a lot of bases and friendly governments.

Can only happen if the Beatles, Pink Floyd and all the bands of the British Invasion are all American and the invasion happens the other way round.

And even then I cannot see those nations devolving to speak ‘southern drawl’.

It’s a no from me.

Huey Long didn't (to the extent of my knowledge or the article in question) have a desire to conquer the Anglosphere. Also, William_Walker is pre-1900.

I'm not sure why you think this is possible, or desirable to any significant historical figure. The US conquering and holding any one major territory is on the verge of ASB (after all, Britain was a military rival to the US until the cold war, they would have home field advantage, Canada would be really awkward to invade etc), nevermind all of it.

The only time when this is conceivably possible is when the US is far superior, but then we are in the Cold War and doing so would be effectively handing the planet to the USSR on a silver platter.

There are not less than 40 dialects of english in england. Maximum estimates rise into the hundreds. Add the dialects in scotland wales and ireland add the extra islands add all the dialects in the rest of exbritish commonwealth and you easily get into the thousands. The usual figure for the
minimum number of dialect in usa is three. Maximim estimates rise to 36.
No people will not adopt a less prestigous dialect just because they have been politically occupied.
As for the likely hood of it happening.
words fail me.

1. OTL USA
2. Canada
3. Great Britain Island
4. Australia
5. New Zealand

It could be possible if there is no Anglo-American friendship and Britain stays friendly with Japan. In addition, the US would need a shift towards ethno-nationalism, perhaps this could spur the US into annexing other anglo countries without straying too far from its democratic ways.
Or maybe the US goes fascist and its reward its to vore the Anglosphere.

Garrison

Donor
Not impossible. Can happen.
I want to see Canada, Australia, NZ and UK to be American states.
In the sense that it doesn't violate the laws of physics, yes its possible. In terms of politics, economics and logistics, its a total non-starter. If you have a plausible scenario then please share it because what you are proposing is the USA going to war on a vast scale with a nation that throughout practically the entire 20th Century it was on good terms with and actually allied with them for long stretches.

Only way I can see this happening is if the US stays isolationist long enough for communists to take over most of Eurasia. Then a new political paradigm takes hold where the Americans see themselves as shouldering a mission to "preserve Anglo civilization" (perhaps the shock of communist takeover in W. Europe + an attempted Soviet invasion of the UK triggers this). As a result, the US builds up its military strength to unprecedented levels and establishes effective protectorates over the UK, Canada, Australia, and anywhere else that speaks English, while continuing to uphold the Monroe doctrine over Latin America.

Re: southern accents, it's very hard to get everyone to speak like that, but perhaps Texans and others could feature in politics, the military, propaganda and whatnot to the extent that it becomes a popular symbol of "American resistance to the red hordes" and thus becomes the subject of widespread admiration and imitation.

Last edited:
1. OTL USA
2. Canada
3. Great Britain Island
4. Australia
5. New Zealand

The Sino-Soviet war devastated Eurasia. Nuclear exchanges between the two giants removed their largest cities, and spasm attacks and misguided rockets devastated Japan, UK and Canada. The US, as the last standing global power and hegemon, funnelled aid to the few British and Canadian survivors and were forced to integrate them into the US system, firstly as protectorates, eventually as territories, and finally as states. Australia and NZ, with their export markets devastated, fell back on themselves and their external defence needs are met by the only surviving world navy, the USN. They are not part of the US but given their utter reliance on them they might as well be. Ireland extended its existing relationship with the US and is now the US's preferred base in Western Europe, with movement between the two countries transparent and the FBI and US coastguard having bases there to mitigate the flow of refugees.