US troops and aid in Soviet Union during WWII? Timeline of events for this Alternate timeline

The lend lease act was as close as we got to this scenario. how could this happen where we had British and American troops in Russia/ Eastern Europe. I could imagine that something like this could happen if the Germans hadn't involved themselves in Greece or North Africa giving the Germans more troops and supplies?

Deleted member 1487

The lend lease act was as close as we got to this scenario. how could this happen where we had British and American troops in Russia/ Eastern Europe. I could imagine that something like this could happen if the Germans hadn't involved themselves in Greece or North Africa giving the Germans more troops and supplies?
Stalin refused any Wallied troops on his soil. He even hamstrung a shuttle bombing operation:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Frantic

Deleted member 1487

Is it possible for the Germans to actually take Leningrad? Wouldn't you need to Finns to actually advance beyond the territories they lost in 1939-40?
There were some moments during the 1941 campaign they could have gotten lucky and gotten there. Voroshilov panicked and nearly blew up the city when the Germans were advancing in August that supposedly Zhukov managed to barely countermand in time.

Stalin refused any Wallied troops on his soil. He even hamstrung a shuttle bombing operation:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Frantic

During Operation Benedict (29 July – 6 December 1941) No. 151 Wing RAF was staying and operating in the Soviet Far North. As for "Frantic" - there were 1,300 of American personnel present during July and August 1944 and 300 remained at Poltava until VE-day. Meaningfulness of "Frantic" was questionable - Winston Churchill believed the operation was not worthwhile and the Brits did not participate in it. For the Soviets it did not make too much sense either (except for an opportunity to copy the bombers and to get some advanced equipment)

How could you make Stalin desperate for allied troops?

For the Soviets to be bad off enough to require western Imperialist and Capitalist troops, Stalin and more then a few high profile Soviet civilian and military leaders would likely be dead at that point if things go that badly.

If Moscow is captured and Stalin dies during the process then the remnants of the soviet government will accept that kind of help.

Maybe Wallie troops operating against Finland if intelligence leaked out that Finland might open peace talks if Soviet troops weren’t involved.

What if Moscow is firebombed like the US firebombed Dresden. The Soviets suffer heavy losses Stalin and the remaining military leaders realize they need American help. In this timeline Douglas MacArthur is appointed to military advisor to Russia instead of Philippines like in our timeline. MacArthur who flees the Soviet Union after the German invasion said "I shall return". Once the Soviets asked for US assistance MacArthur and 5000 troops were dispatched with supplies to aid the struggling Soviet Union from collapsing. MacArthur on why he was in the Soviet Union later stated "The Nazis were trapped in the Russian winter with dwindling supplies, the Nazis were busy fighting us on the Land sea and air and it was my job to exhaust and exasperate the Nazi war machine while the Western front chipped its way to Berlin". MacArthur was there in a more advisory role to the Soviet effort, US troops who were Russian speaking were sent since very few Soviet soldiers spoke English.

What if Moscow is firebombed like the US firebombed Dresden. The Soviets suffer heavy losses Stalin and the remaining military leaders realize they need American help. In this timeline Douglas MacArthur is appointed to military advisor to Russia instead of Philippines like in our timeline. MacArthur who flees the Soviet Union after the German invasion said "I shall return". Once the Soviets asked for US assistance MacArthur and 5000 troops were dispatched with supplies to aid the struggling Soviet Union from collapsing. MacArthur on why he was in the Soviet Union later stated "The Nazis were trapped in the Russian winter with dwindling supplies, the Nazis were busy fighting us on the Land sea and air and it was my job to exhaust and exasperate the Nazi war machine while the Western front chipped its way to Berlin". MacArthur was there in a more advisory role to the Soviet effort, US troops who were Russian speaking were sent since very few Soviet soldiers spoke English.

Stalin and MacArthur. You’ve just given half the posters here an aneurism.