US-Danish war over Greenland

Have Breitbart News start a series showing how Greenland house several large secret bases for ISIS, and also is the site of an ISIS plot to fake climate change by using explosives to release icebergs simulating warming causing glacier recession. Make sure that the Prez sees all these reports. To seal the deal have the Danes start a charity to buy ladders for immigrants to climb over the great border wall. Should have your war in a few weeks.
Um Breitbart news whether you like it or hate it doesn't think that poorly of its readership.

But I thought that Greenlanders are treated a lot like American Indians are in the US and Canada, since they have the same stereotype of being alcoholics, according to a Danish friend of mine.
Greenlanders are seen as alcoholic, but they ave never been treated like Native Americans, they have always been treated like every other Dane living outside Copenhagen. I don't think your friend truly understand how horrible USA and Canada treated their Natives. There have never been massacre of Greenlanders, when there was famines the Danish state used resources to feed the Greenlanders. So not only did we treat them better than USA and Canada treated their Native Americans, they was treated better than the British treated their poor (whether Irish, Scottish or English).

Redbeard

Banned
Hey I live in Northern Jutland :(!

On the other hand Eastern Jutland best Jutland.

Read today in the papers that for the first time since 2008 all regions now have economic growth - so perhaps we don't need the big sale after all :)

Even Faroe Islands have a huge growth but spend it all on tunnels - appears like they're turning into one big drain - let's get out!

But anyway you guys up in N. Jutland should consider joining the Norwegians - they are so loaded with cash and still believe you'll get more glory with more land. OTOH your beers and food will be extremely expensive and you'll have to wear woolly sweaters and eat dried cod!

Feel free to stay in good old Denmark after all :)

Read today in the papers that for the first time since 2008 all regions now have economic growth - so perhaps we don't need the big sale after all :)

Even Faroe Islands have a huge growth but spend it all on tunnels - appears like they're turning into one big drain - let's get out!

But anyway you guys up in N. Jutland should consider joining the Norwegians - they are so loaded with cash and still believe you'll get more glory with more land. OTOH your beers and food will be extremely expensive and you'll have to wear woolly sweaters and eat dried cod!

Feel free to stay in good old Denmark after all :)

No for God's sake let's keep Aalborg. Aalborg are pretty much my favourite 2nd tier city in Denmark, they lack the pretentiousness and little brother complex of Aarhus, doesn't have the same smell of decline as Odense and have a whole lot of more soul than Esbjerg. I honestly admire a city which doesn't pretend it's something it's not and which mostly ignore Copenhagen to do its own thing, whether it's cultural or commercial.

What if the US goes to war with Denmark for Greenland? Americans first propose to buy it and Danes refuse, which determines the Americans to invade Greenland, defeat the Danes and make Greenland a US territory. Greenland has considerable natural resources, so it would be valuable to the US.

What about Danish island in the Carribean ?

Greenlanders are seen as alcoholic, but they ave never been treated like Native Americans, they have always been treated like every other Dane living outside Copenhagen. I don't think your friend truly understand how horrible USA and Canada treated their Natives. There have never been massacre of Greenlanders, when there was famines the Danish state used resources to feed the Greenlanders. So not only did we treat them better than USA and Canada treated their Native Americans, they was treated better than the British treated their poor (whether Irish, Scottish or English).

So another good reason not to sell it to the US...

Greenlanders are seen as alcoholic, but they ave never been treated like Native Americans, they have always been treated like every other Dane living outside Copenhagen.

That's... a bit of a stretch. The Greenlanders were pretty much seen as inferior and infantile compared to the Europeans from the very moment Hans Egede began his missionary efforts. It was only way later past 1900 that the romantic ideal of the 'noble native' began to catch on.

Not to say that the Greenlanders were subjected to the horrendous treatment metered out on the American natives.

No for God's sake let's keep Aalborg. Aalborg are pretty much my favourite 2nd tier city in Denmark, they lack the pretentiousness and little brother complex of Aarhus, doesn't have the same smell of decline as Odense and have a whole lot of more soul than Esbjerg. I honestly admire a city which doesn't pretend it's something it's not and which mostly ignore Copenhagen to do its own thing, whether it's cultural or commercial.

Aalborg is basically Randers with a larger population, IMHO :p

Grimbald

Monthly Donor
3 August 1916

The Danish and American Ministers meet a day before the scheduled signing of the Danish West Indies Treaty.

American Minister: We have decided upon a modification to the treaty. We are doubling the price to $50 million in gold and including the island of Greenland as part of the Danish West Indies.

Danish Minister: No, we have no authority to sell Greenland.

AM: Then we shall take both properties.

DM: Britain will never allow it.

AM: They are a bit busy.

DM: Germany then.

AM: They want you to sell, spend the $50 million on iron, steel and foodstuffs and import them back to Denmark. Rumor is you can make a nice profit.

DM: The British will never allow this.

AM: We guarantee delivery.

DM: I must consult my government.

AM: Signing is at 10 AM tomorrow. Our troops land at 12 noon.

First the 50ties called and they wnt their vocabulary back. They're called Inuits todays.

Second so what? Danes for historical reasons have always seen the Inuit of Greenland as not just part of the Danish state, but as a integrated part of the Danish nation. The Danish view have very little to do with the ethnic origin of the Inuit and a lot to do with how Denmark saw Greenland (as part of the Danish-Norwegian nation which had fallen into paganism and barbarism and needed to be recivilised). Also the Greenlanders are too large extent Mestizo, of course that means little in a Danish context (outside the many family bonds) as Danes make little difference between mixed and unmixed Greenlanders, while in Greenlandic context the elite have usual more Danish, Norwegian or German ancestry.

The relations between the Greenland eskimos and the Danes is pretty interesting.