Upcoming AH books

...alternative ideas...
Always thought that a minimal effort "Stop Hitler As Early as Possible" would be to kidnap him in Austria at about 1 year old, have him circumcised, and leave him in the Jüdisches Waisenhaus (Jewish Orphanage Berlin-Pankow) in Berlin.
Adolf Hitler ceases to exist, and an innocent child is given the chance to grow up.
Of course, there's enough cultural anti-Semitism without him, and the anti-Versailles resentment would still be a thing, so no bets on avoiding WWII.

MaxGerke01

Banned
New Harry Turtledove book Three Miles Down coming June 14 2022-Basically secret (at first ? ) alien contact during Watergate in 1974=https://www.amazon.com/Three-Miles-...swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1631641488&sr=1-1
Cover art here for this with a release date of July 26 2022 and more information on the book. This is more of a First Contact novel but has a similar feel to Alan Smale's forthcoming Hot Moon novel -1st in the Apollo Rising series
ah3miles.jpg
also coming July 2022 and season 3 of For All Mankind coming in June 2022.

Last edited:

MaxGerke01

Banned
HT seems to have stopped doing series but I think Three Miles Down could/should be a trilogy-even with awkward sex scenes....

MaxGerke01

Banned
SM Stirling also seems to be slowing down as nothing seems to be forthcoming from him in 2022. Alternate History has had him and HT as the most prolific and popular AH writers for a good 30 years now.Is anyone set to pick up that mantle when they leave the stage ?

I have a new one, The Lion, The Titan, and The Boss.

The British had seen the Great White Fleet of America. Now the Germans were sending one of their newest ships to the States.

They needed to show off one or two of their own new vessels. And they needed a spokesman, one with presence and attraction. He of course needed to raise money for his latest endeavour.

And so HMS Lion set off into the Atlantic, in the wake of the great new passenger liner. Which had an encounter of her own . . .

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
The Shifting Sands has finally been published. This is the first 4/7or so of what I put up here, and even then comes to over 400 pages. The remainder will form the basis of the sequel, with a bit of rewriting around one or two of the events.

So far the purchase URL is Amazon.com

tss amazon.jpg

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
Better Men by L. G. Parker

It is the best of times. The Imperium Romanum Sacrum spans the galaxy. The wealth of a thousand worlds fills its coffers daily. It is the worst of times. The enemies of the Imperium are legion - aliens, heretics, mutants and worse. The burdens of Empire are staggering. The price of relative peace and safety is perpetual war. The most insidious threat to the Empire of Man however is apathy, complacency, greed, indifference - the eternal vices of mankind that despite millions of years of evolution remain unchanged. For every man of faith there are far more who doubt. For every man who serves the Empire far more serve only themselves. Darkness is kept at bay only through the selfless service and frequent sacrifice of that rare breed of warriors who still believe in Duty, Honor, Empire. These are the stories of better men.

bmen.jpg

Available now in Paperback and Kindle:-

Last edited:
The Crossing, by Kevin Ikenberry comes out next month, August 2nd.
A9781982192013-lg.jpg

It's the next 1632/Ring of Fire spinoff series.

This time, a squad of US Army cadets from 2008 get sent back to just before the Battle of Trenton.

The Crossing, by Kevin Ikenberry comes out next month, August 2nd.
View attachment 758849
It's the next 1632/Ring of Fire spinoff series.

This time, a squad of US Army cadets from 2008 get sent back to just before the Battle of Trenton.
I am 100% down with this.

Odds are good there's at least one black guy and a decent chance at a Native American in that squad, and there's a woman there on the cover.

So what I really want to see is not so much "US ARMY CRUSH BRITISH" but more "Hey guys let's treat other human beings like people please".

Should be fun!

I am 100% down with this.

Odds are good there's at least one black guy and a decent chance at a Native American in that squad, and there's a woman there on the cover.

So what I really want to see is not so much "US ARMY CRUSH BRITISH" but more "Hey guys let's treat other human beings like people please".

Should be fun!

Main character is African American, as is one more squadmate and another is Asian American. In addition, two are female.

Future books have promised to touch on some of the MASSIVE changes this may bring about.

I do wonder what a few cadets and only on assault rifle can do. I think training and tactics would be the biggest things during the war, while pushing for a more equal country from its inception would be the bigger payoffs.

I don't know if it belongs here but, well, I have a book coming out in the very near future...

th-2743982659.jpg

I made the cover in about 20 minutes on Paint. Yes it's amateurish but I don't have the money for something professional - gonna try Canva before I settle on this though.

I don't know if it belongs here but, well, I have a book coming out in the very near future...

View attachment 760025

I made the cover in about 20 minutes on Paint. Yes it's amateurish but I don't have the money for something professional - gonna try Canva before I settle on this though.
This is the correct place to mention your book, congratulations by the way.
Speaking of the 1632 series, the original author of the series Eric Flint died on Sunday.

Sorry about derailing the thread.
RIP Eric Flint