Upcoming AH books

Do not recall this, but yeah, that's just silly. There is nothing wrong with going back in time to kill Hitler, but you have to do a bit more to make it stand out and do something with it. As in, if your book is all about killing Hitler, then it's a bit silly. But if you bump him off in the first chapter and then lots of things happen different and some things stay the same, then okay, I'm there.
I don't have anything against a gonzo "let's go and ventilate Hitler and a few dozen of his murderous buddies with a bunch of cool modern weapons" story, but I do really want at least a bit of historical research done.

And it's super easy to make it more interesting, like I said--just make it "Mossad team and Palestinian infiltrators/special forces that probably don't exist IRL get stuck in the past together, must work through mutual loathing to kill Hitler and save millions".

Shadow007

Banned
I don't have anything against a gonzo "let's go and ventilate Hitler and a few dozen of his murderous buddies with a bunch of cool modern weapons" story, but I do really want at least a bit of historical research done.

And it's super easy to make it more interesting, like I said--just make it "Mossad team and Palestinian infiltrators/special forces that probably don't exist IRL get stuck in the past together, must work through mutual loathing to kill Hitler and save millions".

You aren't talking about Ted Lapkin's Righteous Kill right? Because it's only Israeli commandos

The Israeli Commandos fight Nazi Germany's most elite forces throughout Lapkin's book

Idea is that with Hitler and his patsies dead, killed by Jews with advanced weapons, the Wermatcht gets rid of the SS and other Nazi elements thus preventing the Holocaust and other war-crimes

So Israel will have 6 Million more Jews going to it. Plus the UT knowledge and technology.

Only thing the book gets wrong is that the Brits will force the DT and UT Israelis to share their tech, ideas and Commandos to help in WW2. US and later the Soviets would technological and military tactical updates making them even more powerful.

Weirdest thing about Lapkin's book is the Time-travel, why they only travel back to 1940. Should have gone with Multiple Earths so the Israeli Commandos go back to 950 BCE!!!

You aren't talking about Ted Lapkin's Righteous Kill right? Because it's only Israeli commandos

The Israeli Commandos fight Nazi Germany's most elite forces throughout Lapkin's book

Idea is that with Hitler and his patsies dead, killed by Jews with advanced weapons, the Wermatcht gets rid of the SS and other Nazi elements thus preventing the Holocaust and other war-crimes

So Israel will have 6 Million more Jews going to it. Plus the UT knowledge and technology.

Only thing the book gets wrong is that the Brits will force the DT and UT Israelis to share their tech, ideas and Commandos to help in WW2. US and later the Soviets would technological and military tactical updates making them even more powerful.

Weirdest thing about Lapkin's book is the Time-travel, why they only travel back to 1940. Should have gone with Multiple Earths so the Israeli Commandos go back to 950 BCE!!!
The conversation started with that book, which was criticized in a thread here when its author showed up to advertise it with the username "Righteous Kill". That thread soon derailed into debate about how users would rather do the concept after the author's historical knowledge and motivation were criticized.

Shadow007

Banned
The conversation started with that book, which was criticized in a thread here when its author showed up to advertise it with the username "Righteous Kill". That thread soon derailed into debate about how users would rather do the concept after the author's historical knowledge and motivation were criticized.

Honestly going back to WW1 or the Franco-Prussian War or to the time of Constantine's Roman Empire would have done more good for the Jewish people

Shadow007

Banned
Sicilian Coil, third book of Eric Flint's Alexander Inheritance series, has been out for a while

Rather than focusing on the Uptimers and the Diadochi Wars this book focuses more on the Industrialization/Military Upgrading ongoing in Carthage, Ptolemy's Egypt and the Italian city-states

Industrialization OP. Let's even small settled nations curbstomp tribes. Perhaps in the next book Industrialized soldiers would curbstomp Steppe horse-nomads like the Scythians

Can you link to what thread this was in out of curiosity, or is that against the rules?

Sicilian Coil, third book of Eric Flint's Alexander Inheritance series, has been out for a while

Rather than focusing on the Uptimers and the Diadochi Wars this book focuses more on the Industrialization/Military Upgrading ongoing in Carthage, Ptolemy's Egypt and the Italian city-states

Industrialization OP. Let's even small settled nations curbstomp tribes. Perhaps in the next book Industrialized soldiers would curbstomp Steppe horse-nomads like the Scythians
I need to catch up on that series.
Can you link to what thread this was in out of curiosity, or is that against the rules?
I don't have a link to it ATM but search this forum for "Righteous Kill" with search titles only checked.

Shadow007

Banned
Walt Socha's Crossover Series is great. First book, Conflict, has Five Atheist Time-travelers from 2016 go back to 1054 North America to prevent the genocide of Natives by Europeans and their diseases (50-90 Million Natives died between 1492 to 1700s)

The second book Contact takes place decades later and in Medieval Ireland, dealing with Vikings. The technological edge is narrower in the sequel.

Deals with Religion vs Humanism a lot especially in the sequel. A much better fate for Native Americans, Irish and Icelanders.

Jon Zackon's Sealion Drowning. Realistic result of Operation Sea Lion and its effects on the rest of WW2

Last edited:

Shadow007

Banned
What about Sub-Saharan Africans ?
Well the Butterfly Effect prevents the Scramble for Africa. Besides, it's a long way to go from 1054 to 1800s

I talked to the author. Book 3, Collapse, takes place in the Mayan Remnants. Anti-malarial drugs originates in Latin America

He is considering Book 4, Caliphate, which takes place in Egypt with a female protagonist. The Havenites (the new nation they founded) are very Irreligious and open about their views.

Haven's strategy is to use trade and building new villages/port to extend their influence and territory they control. Their advanced weapons will be used when diplomacy isn't an option.

Haven would take over all of the Americas, parts of Europe, most of Africa and some of Asia/Oceania in my opinion. Atheism-Humanism becomes dominant overtime and technology progresses very fast

Shadow007

Banned
I would say Walt Socha's Crossover Series is the most unique and one of the most character driven Time-travel stories out there

Eric Flint's Alexander Inheritance series has the most progress/change happening the earliest of the Time-travel stories I've read. Though have technological innovations, Industrial Revolution, modern democracy and social changes in 321 BCE is a massive butterfly effect.

Mark1878

Donor
Walt Socha's Crossover Series is great. First book, Conflict, has Five Atheist Time-travelers from 2016 go back to 1054 North America to prevent the genocide of Natives by Europeans and their diseases (50-90 Million Natives died between 1492 to 1700s)

The second book Contact takes place decades later and in Medieval Ireland, dealing with Vikings. The technological edge is narrower in the sequel.

Deals with Religion vs Humanism a lot especially in the sequel. A much better fate for Native Americans, Irish and Icelanders.

Jon Zackon's Sealion Drowning. Realistic result of Operation Sea Lion and its effects on the rest of WW2
Kobo seems to have the first book free - Amazon UK seems not to have any ebooks and very odd pricing on paperbacks

Their two new ebooks for sale on Amazon.com called Taft's War. One is pretty much a book on some alternate weapons used by the United States in World War I. while the second book is an alternate version of World war I, but William Howard Taft as President. I thought they were both good books.