Upcoming AH books

P.S. Seems you folks're very strict in terms of plausibility. For goodness's sake, it's fiction! (It is true that implausible scenarios annoy me sometimes, but I'll ignore the implausibility if the story is, like, really really good.)

True, it's fiction, but alternate history is a very specific genre that panders to a very specific group of people, namely people interested in history, so we want to see what our world could look like.

There is a reason why some alternate historians don't like involving aliens and time travel in alternate history, because those two things have nothing to do with history. If you want to make stories involving aliens or time travel, that's fine, but don't call it alternate history.

Case in point: Does anyone remember AHH's book, the Atlantropa Articles? While it was a good book, I would hardly call it 'alternate history'. It is more of a post-apocalyptic story involving Nazis.

Isn't alternate history a subcategory of scifi?

I like to think of alternate history and science fiction as two separate genres.

I heard Cody's writing another book set in the same universe.

Yes, he is and according to this, it's slated for August 2021.

P.S. Seems you folks're very strict in terms of plausibility. For goodness's sake, it's fiction! (It is true that implausible scenarios annoy me sometimes, but I'll ignore the implausibility if the story is, like, really really good.)

I'd actually agree, which why "audacious" AH that just takes an incredible/novel premise and runs with it has grown on me, even if the execution is flawed. However...

1: Plausible or not, the classic "ACW/WW2 changed outcome" AH is incredibly common and thus rightfully viewed as cliche by itself.
2: It's sometimes (but not always) a "brown M&M" that illustrates the rest of the story didn't have that much attention paid to it either.

The premise looks like a pop-AH cliche mashup.
Yeah. Usually I'm of the "you be you" school of letting writers explore whatever they wish to explore, cliches or not, but that mostly applies to amateurs and folks yearning to tell a story to get it out of their system regardless of quality or plausiblity. This seems like some kind of madlib of AH without any thought to consequences or research. Once again, I have absolutely nothing against Confeds and Nazis being in the same AH story, and if people want to write that, I do not wish to discourage, but this just seems a bit lazy.

Thomas27

Banned
Did I say ‘this week’?

Well, it’s finally this Sunday!

I am pleased to announce that after several years and repeated requests from my English-speaking comrades, ‘Au Bord de l’Abîme’ is finally released in English and becomes ‘At the Edge of the Abyss’.

Here is the blurb:

And here is the cover:

at_the_edge_of_the____cycle_1_english_cover_by_beignetbison_ddkz4l5-pre.jpg

The book is available on Amazon in Paperback and Kindle format (There are two links at the moment because the pages have not yet been merged). You can read some excerpts on Amazon.

I allow myself to tag some embers whoe were waiting for it: @Hindustani Person @ST15RM @EbolaMan131

At the Edge of the Abyss is not a classic alternate history novel. It is a chronicle of the period in question through articles, book excerpts or web pages. All fictional, of course. The book also contains about a hundred illustrative elements (maps, flags, illustrations, portraits).
thomas-diana-aa-bb.jpg

thomas-diana-la-route-imphal.jpg

thomas-diana-wounded-giants.jpg
Some News :

As I expected, sales of the English version of Cycle 1 more or less caught up with those of the French version. The reason is simple not new, alternate histories is read more by English speakers than by French speakers.

I continue to work on Cycle 3 in French, as well as spin-off novels. However, please note that Cycle 2 (of which I am particularly proud) is planned to be translated into English. I hope that this translation will be available before the end of the year.

In the meantime you can find Cycle 1 and 2 in French and Cycle 1 in English.

I'd actually agree, which why "audacious" AH that just takes an incredible/novel premise and runs with it has grown on me, even if the execution is flawed. However...

1: Plausible or not, the classic "ACW/WW2 changed outcome" AH is incredibly common and thus rightfully viewed as cliche by itself.
2: It's sometimes (but not always) a "brown M&M" that illustrates the rest of the story didn't have that much attention paid to it either.

1. Yeah you are right. I am trying to avoid that in my own book. From what I seen of the reviews of Cody's novel, the book seems very flawed.
2.Depends on how you illustrate it.

Thomas27

Banned
Hello,

I am pleased to announce the release of three books.
de8i9su-d2f71544-9e71-483e-afd4-d0155239c584.jpg

One in French and two in English.

beyond_the_black_river___cover_by_beignetbison_de8i9ea-fullview.jpg

Let’s start with the one in two languages simultaneously ‘Beyond the Black River’ which comes out in both English and French (the French title being ‘Au-delà de la Rivière Noire’). ‘Beyond the Black River’ is a short story that runs parallel to Cycle 2 of At the Edge of the Abyss.

Here is the Blurp: “On leave during a long, endless and apocalyptic war, Captain Martin Walker of the 5th Special Forces Group is given a special and secret mission. General Williamson instructed him to arrest or eliminate Colonel Rheault who disappeared during a CIA mission on the Black River on the edges of Cambodia. Thinking they were embarking on a relatively easy mission, Walker and his men reached a territory where all their moral and civilizational bearings no longer existed.”

Basically, imagine an alternative version of the movie ‘Apocalypse Now’ which in the universe of At the Edge of the Abyss would be a true story.

Since ‘Beyond the Black River’ runs parallel to Cycle 2 of At the Edge of the Abyss, the third book to come out is obviously the Cycle 2 of At the Edge of the Abyss in English. This, less than a year after its release in French.

The books are available in Kindle format and in paper version (you can buy the EPUB or PDF directly from me). We’re confined, it’s almost Christmas, so you know what you have to do!

Enjoy reading.

You will find Beyond the Black River here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08N3K59M4
You will find Cycle 2 of At the Edge of the Abyss here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MSLXLXR

You can also buy some merchs on my Redbubble shop: https://www.redbubble.com/people/Artof-ThomasD/shop?asc=u

Last edited:
Timeriders 10 (actual title not yet announced) is coming at some point. This is a sequel to the amazing 9 book series that sparked my interest in AH.
As the name suggests, it focuses on the time travel aspect but alternate timelines (and future timelines) feature heavily in the plot of almost every novel.

Not sure when it’s coming (I think it’s half written but on the back burner while other projects take focus) but I’m exited. The author, Alex Scarrow, has tweeted about it a couple times.

Last edited:
Timeriders 10 (actual title not yet announced) is coming at some point. This is a sequel to the amazing 9 book series that sparked my interest in AH.
As the name suggests, it focuses on the time travel aspect but alternate timelines (and future timelines) feature heavily in the plot of almost every novel.

Not sure when it’s coming (I think it’s half written but on the back burner while other projects take focus) but I’m exited. The author, Apex Scarrow, has tweeted about it a couple times.
The title definitely reminds me of the cheesy B-grade film Timerider (1982). Yes, it is as cheesy as you would expect...

This is an alternate history/magical realism novel I wrote which should come out in late April this year. It's set in a timeline wherein the ancient Egyptians colonized the coast of Greece during the Middle Kingdom. In the story, the Mycenaean Greeks attack the colony and enslave its inhabitants, and it's up to an Egyptian priestess from the colony to save what remains of her people.

You can read an excerpt from the book here.

if you understand German here is something
cfe92b679cff72c7ddecffb1096354ea1ae08115048852bf3e60fee87bf31c37.jpg

Maxim Voland »Die Republik«
The political thriller is about, what if East Germany is still there in 2020 ?

1949: After an unbelievable coup, the newly founded GDR encompasses the entire German state, with the exception of the western part of Berlin. Present: The GDR is a leading European power - a highly modern surveillance state with a happy people. It seems so. While international agent organizations are forging their plans in the autonomous West Berlin, the GDR is shaken by a terrible incident: a cloud of poison gas moves across the square of the academy and kills numerous people. An accident? An attack? What is the power behind it? A disaffected Stasi colonel, the French interpreter Christopher and the young GDR citizen Alicia get caught up in a gigantic conspiracy that could mean the end of Europe.

ISBN 978-3-492-07071-3
528 pages and cost 22,00 Euro