Upcoming AH books

So in the spirit of self-promotion of some others, an Alternative Ireland history book - "Leary's Empire" .

I hope people enjoy it, I make no pretence to literary ambitions. Most test readers thought it a knowing mashup of cliches, absurd plotting, stock characters and fantastical coincidence. To which I knowingly nodded.....

https://www.amazon.com/Learys-Empire-Brian-Lucey-ebook/dp/B07TC8LNFS/

PoD is a (more) succesful Napoleonic invasion of Ireland, under Hoche in 1796 (all it took was one day of calm weather and 15000 french troops are ashore in a then poorly defended Ireland) , and all that follows from it.
Thoughts welcome. Also purchases. Especially purchases.

Is this and Empire of Lies the same book?
Edit: Just found it. Empire of Lies is being published as "The Ottoman Secret" in the UK
I nearly through it but it's again the typical muslim-superpower-that-wasn't-supposed-to be story, like Mirage. Boring.

Thanks, looked at the 'blurb' and I already judge it a lesser story than it could have been.
Agreed. I think I'll pass. The idea of swapping the modern west with the Middle East is certainly interesting, but everyone who I've seen done it makes the parallels too clear-cut and obvious.

Sealion Press...

file.png

BUY FENWICK'S BOOK. BUYYYYYY FENWICK'S BOOOOOOOOOK.

No refunds after you read it.....

Is this and Empire of Lies the same book?
Edit: Just found it. Empire of Lies is being published as "The Ottoman Secret" in the UK
It's fairly decent. And unlike "Mirage," it is clearly a book by someone who likes to world-build and have fun with time-travel. "Mirage" is a fairly obvious back-end pilot for a premium cable TV show. I'm not saying "Empire" was great, but I would place it ahead of Turtledove's foray into East-West and Ruff's. I would have appreciated had the author spent more time on the Ottoman society and engage in more world-building, but the plot necessitated some quick movement there.

Deleted member 107125

Not really AH, but it does include three AH essays. Lovely book, must read!
91blvR7WBUL.jpg

Thomas27

Banned
Release of my new AH book. Unfortunately its only in French, so this announcement is only for people who read French.
dd6nc9p-b6c069fa-c34a-4c42-b84a-ce43c4af3fef.jpg

After the twists and turns in the last meters of the last straight, Cycle 2 of Au Bord du Abîme is available in paperback format and ebook kindle.
41eyEm7U6ZL.jpg

Paperback: https://www.amazon.fr/dp/1096618435
Kindle ebook: https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07RQ8KLK6

"The Iron Curtain divides Europe and the tension is rising. Two blocs oppose: the Communists on one side with the USSR, then China as main spearheads; the anticommunists of the other with the United States, Japan and the former colonial powers. Decolonization begins in the post-war chaos; insurrections and civil wars flourish. In this uchronic and even more chaotic world, there is little chance of avoiding the horrors and tragedies that are sometimes little known about a not-so-cold war. Welcome back to Au Bord de l'Abîme (contains more than two hundred illustrations). "
The book is 811 pages contains more than 200 illustrations, flags, maps...

For the owners of kobo or other type of reader who would like to buy the book in epub format, you will have to contact me directly. Indeed, although Cycle 1 is available on Kobo, the sequel will not see be release there. This is due to the technical limitations of the kobo platform, which is unable to manage / convert a file of more than 100 MB. It's all the more unfortunate that I was able to create the epub file in 2 clicks on my side.

This release comes with a little surprise: a new Paperback edition of Cycle 1.
Paperback: https://www.amazon.fr/dp/1096625156

41xMqgqdJXL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This new edition has a new cover and a reworked layout in line with that of cycle 2. This has the effect of reducing pagination and therefore the cost of manufacturing. This second edition is therefore 2 € cheaper than before and is a little more compact. It also contains some bonus illustrations at the end of the book.

What if Cycle 1 comes to English next week?
;)

Thomas27

Banned
What if Cycle 1 comes to English next week?
;)
Did I say ‘this week’?

Well, it’s finally this Sunday!

I am pleased to announce that after several years and repeated requests from my English-speaking comrades, ‘Au Bord de l’Abîme’ is finally released in English and becomes ‘At the Edge of the Abyss’.

Here is the blurb:
Thomas Diana, self-taught author-illustrator, presents the first volume of the Alternate History ‘At the Edge of the Abyss’ containing about a hundred illustrations.

The Second World War is certainly the most significant event of the last hundred years.
In Japan as in Germany, men will try to save their country from the destruction that their dictators seem to lead them to. Political intrigues, coups d’État and apocalyptic battles across Asia and Europe. This other Second World War, however, was no less bloody and laid the foundations for a New World.

Welcome, ‘At The Edge of the Abyss’.

And here is the cover:
at_the_edge_of_the____cycle_1_english_cover_by_beignetbison_ddkz4l5-pre.jpg

The book is available on Amazon in Paperback and Kindle format (There are two links at the moment because the pages have not yet been merged). You can read some excerpts on Amazon.

I allow myself to tag some embers whoe were waiting for it: @Hindustani Person @ST15RM @EbolaMan131

At the Edge of the Abyss is not a classic alternate history novel. It is a chronicle of the period in question through articles, book excerpts or web pages. All fictional, of course. The book also contains about a hundred illustrative elements (maps, flags, illustrations, portraits).
thomas-diana-aa-bb.jpg

thomas-diana-la-route-imphal.jpg

thomas-diana-wounded-giants.jpg

Last edited:

Thomas27

Banned
Links for Kindle and Paperback version have been merged.
Here they are!
Did I say ‘this week’?

I am pleased to announce that after several years and repeated requests from my English-speaking comrades, ‘Au Bord de l’Abîme’ is finally released in English and becomes ‘At the Edge of the Abyss’.

Here is the blurb:

And here is the cover:

The book is available on Amazon in Paperback and Kindle format (There are two links at the moment because the pages have not yet been merged). You can read some excerpts on Amazon.

I allow myself to tag some embers whoe were waiting for it: @Hindustani Person @ST15RM @EbolaMan131

At the Edge of the Abyss is not a classic alternate history novel. It is a chronicle of the period in question through articles, book excerpts or web pages. All fictional, of course. The book also contains about a hundred illustrative elements (maps, flags, illustrations, portraits).
thomas-diana-aa-bb.jpg

Thande

Donor
For those of you who don't follow the Sea Lion Press new releases thread adjacent to this one:

I am pleased to announce SLP's three new releases for this month, including the first part of the critically-acclaimed Lands of Red and Gold series by @Jared, which AH.com posters will be long familiar with.

Nov covers jpg.jpg

November is a month of serials here at Sea Lion Press, as one popular series continues, an epic saga concludes, and an esteemed online work publishes its first for-sale volume with us.

The Maltese Defence
continues Simon Brading’s sparky and exhilarating Misfit Squadron series, in which an alternate Second World War rages around the life and loves of a group of Royal Aviation Corps airmen and women with their unconventional attitudes to tactics, authority, and aircraft design. This fifth volume takes the Misfits to Malta, under siege from both the Prussian and Italian air forces, and of just as much strategic importance as in our timeline. It’s available for pre-order now. Haven’t tried the Misfit Squadron books yet? The first volume in the series, The Battle Over Britain, is on sale now for just 99p or the equivalent local price.

The Longest Road marks the end of an era. George Kearton’s House of Stuart Sequence began with a successful Jacobite rising in The Year of the Prince back in 2016. Now, after eight volumes and two hundred years of radically-altered history, the ninth and concluding part of the story is on its way. Denmark has fallen, the Baltic is a Russian lake, and what lies ahead is uncertain.

To mark the release of The Longest Road, the first volume in the series, The Year of the Prince is now available at half price. Buy it today for only 99p in the UK and equivalent prices elsewhere.

Walking Through Dreams is the first volume of Jared Kavanagh’s Lands of Red and Gold series, an extremely well-regarded work in the online alternate history community. Sea Lion Press is privileged to be bringing Jared’s tale of a different aboriginal Australia to a wider audience. This also represents another small landmark in Sea Lion Press’ history – with our first Australasian-focused title now on its way, the only remaining continent not focused on by one of our books is Antarctica. And we may have a plan for that…

The Maltese Defence
is available now for pre-order. Walking Through Dreams and The Longest Road will be available for purchase from Friday 29th November.

Thande

Donor
David Flin, author of the "Sergeant Frosty" stories, has published a collection and asked me to publicise it here.

Amazon Link

Once upon a time, there was a snowman. Actually, he was a snow Marine, and his name was Sergeant Frosty. Over the years, he had many adventures, and these are the stories of his adventures, from his early days as little more than a snowball, to when he was old and white.

There are times when it is true to say that “the tale grew in the telling.” These stories have been developing for over forty years. As with all tales, the characters take on a life of their own. In this case, that is literally true.

These stories start as humorous takes on the WW3 tropes, and develop into Christmas bedtime stories. If you struggle with the logic of some of these stories, well, that’s the nature of bedtime stories. If you want to find out more about Sergeant Frosty, Pwff, the delicate Christmas Angel, Pop-Up, and others, you’ll find them in here.

Deleted member 107125

Did I say ‘this week’?

Here is the blurb:

And here is the cover:

thomas-diana-aa-bb.jpg

I will buy it soon!