Upcoming AH books

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by JSmith, Nov 14, 2009.

1. paddbear Vermonter

It isn't out here in the States until 19 November. I've already ordered it from Amazon.

2. CaliBoy1990 A bright future is still possible! =)

I'm guessing authors are allowed to link to their own books here, right? @Major Major already did so without trouble.

Well, in any case.....believe it or not, I actually wrote, compiled, and self-published(thru Smashwords, to be clear) my own collection of short stories some time ago, called "Uchronian Tales".
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/927603

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Nerdman3000 likes this.
  3. Brian M. Lucey New Member

So in the spirit of self-promotion of some others, an Alternative Ireland history book - "Leary's Empire" .

I hope people enjoy it, I make no pretence to literary ambitions. Most test readers thought it a knowing mashup of cliches, absurd plotting, stock characters and fantastical coincidence. To which I knowingly nodded.....

https://www.amazon.com/Learys-Empire-Brian-Lucey-ebook/dp/B07TC8LNFS/

PoD is a (more) succesful Napoleonic invasion of Ireland, under Hoche in 1796 (all it took was one day of calm weather and 15000 french troops are ashore in a then poorly defended Ireland) , and all that follows from it.
    Thoughts welcome. Also purchases. Especially purchases.

4. snassni2 Well-Known Member

Is this and Empire of Lies the same book?
    Edit: Just found it. Empire of Lies is being published as "The Ottoman Secret" in the UK

5. snassni2 Well-Known Member

I nearly through it but it's again the typical muslim-superpower-that-wasn't-supposed-to be story, like Mirage. Boring.

6. Zheng He Well-Known Member

Lusitania, varyar and mudhead like this.