Upcoming AH books

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by JSmith, Nov 14, 2009.

1. drewmc2001 sic semper tyrannosaurus rex

@Dan Greenhouse
    I watched some of the old Sliders episodes, but I don't recall that one.
    Print will probably follow the ebook by a week or two. My goal is to finish book 5 by the end of October. From there, it'll go to my editor. From there, it's usually 4 to 6 weeks before it is published. But I should warn you, I'm already behind schedule a little. Life has a way of interfering with my writing schedule. All that to say, I hope to publish it before Christmas.

Grey Wolf and terranova210486 like this.
  2. Dan Greenhouse Member

The Sliders episode was in season two called The Good the bad and the Wealthy and set in San Fransisco which was part of the Republic of Texas.

drewmc2001 likes this.
  3. Lusitania Donor

I remember seeing were lawyers fought duels. Texas stayed independent of the US this no America-Mexico war. Then during ACW Texas expanded westward to California.

terranova210486 likes this.
  4. mudhead Little-Known Member

Jasper Fforde has a new AH novel out: Guardian review/plug below.
    Longer review here.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Xenophonte likes this.
  5. michaelrbn Well-Known Member

Started reading this today.

6. GreaterMars8844 Active Member

The Atlantropa Articles (New Info)

drewmc2001 and Nerdman3000 like this.
  7. Mr_ Bondoc Member

Be afraid, be very afraid!! Charlene Harris, the author behind the Twilight series has decided to enter the game of alternate history genre books, with her latest series of novels:

The books are described as:

"Set in a fractured United States, in the southwestern country now known as Texoma. A world where magic is acknowledged but mistrusted, especially by a young gunslinger named Lizbeth Rose. Battered by a run across the border to Mexico Lizbeth Rose takes a job offer from a pair of Russian wizards to be their local guide and gunnie. For the wizards, Gunnie Rose has already acquired a fearsome reputation and they’re at a desperate crossroad, even if they won’t admit it. They’re searching through the small border towns near Mexico, trying to locate a low-level magic practitioner, Oleg Karkarov. The wizards believe Oleg is a direct descendant of Grigori Rasputin, and that Oleg’s blood can save the young tsar’s life.

As the trio journey through an altered America, shattered into several countries by the assassination of Franklin Roosevelt and the Great Depression, they’re set on by enemies. It’s clear that a powerful force does not want them to succeed in their mission. Lizbeth Rose is a gunnie who has never failed a client, but her oath will test all of her skills and resolve to get them all out alive...."

814YnO2QqYL.jpg

JALC and terranova210486 like this.
  8. Mitro I am Mitro Donor

You're thinking of Stephanie Meyer. Charlene Harris wrote The Southern Vampire Mysteries series, which HBO later adapted for True Blood.

cpip and Mr_ Bondoc like this.
  9. Greg Grant Well-Known Member

That hurts to read. I mean, if someone enjoys this, bless them for it, but I can't handle it.

10. Dan Greenhouse Member

I totally agree. As someone who has read hundreds of AH stories i will avoid any that feature magic at it's core. That is too much fantasy for my taste.

11. Thomas27 Kerala of Travancore

Cycle 2 of "Au Bord de l'Abime" is not yet ready, bu here are some news:
    • "Une forme d'histoire alternative... la pseudo-histoire" is now availalble for Kobo (epub format).

As a Reminder:
    • "Une forme d'histoire alternative... la pseudo-histoire" was already available as Kindle on Amazon.
    • Both book are avaialble worldwide but are in French

About Cycle 1 of "Au Bord de l'Abime":
    [​IMG]
    The Second World War is certainly the most significant event of the last hundred years. In Japan as in Germany, men will try to save their country from the destruction towards which their dictators seem to lead. Political shenanigans, coups and apocalyptic battles across Europe. This other World War II, will not be less bloody and lay the foundations of a New World. Welcome to "On the Edge of the Abyss". (Contains a hundred illustrations in black and white)

About "Une forme d'histoire alternative... la pseudo-histoire":
    [​IMG]
    What if antiquity was only an invention? What if the Crucifixion was part of a plot fomented by Jesus? What if the Trojan War was actually unfolded in England, this kind of idea that seems relieved from alternate hisory are in reality pseudo-history, a work of historian who does not respect the historical methodology and often goes in fanciful interpretations. The pseudo-history is a little known genre in France and this book offers to dive into the heart of some of these crazy stories that would - for some of them - make very good thrillers.

12. Dan Greenhouse Member

Back in the early 70's, I read a newspaper article about a set of German plans found in the basement of a church in Poland. The documents contained detailed plans by the Nazi Luftwaffe to bomb American cities as far west as Indy. I always hoped that an AH writer would tackle this topic. I just finished reading "Impossible Target" by Mark Wade. The AH novel presents the use of Amerika bombers by Germany to wreak havok on the east coast. The author is a pilot and knows his stuff. A great read with plenty of action. If you are a fan of WW2 AH, you will love this novel.

Ogrebear and Xenophonte like this.
  13. floofsy New Member

I hope this is the right place to put this, my first alternative history novel "Prison of Peoples" is now available on Amazon!

Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prison-Peo...-Book-ebook/dp/B07HKGYYWF/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

It's an alternative 1930s, a Central Powers victory timeline following the struggles of a diverse cast of characters, an exiled Russian Grand Duke, an Austro-Hungarian Veteran, a Bulgarian woman and a British bureaucrat, it's an intrigue heavy book with lots of character drama as the cast attempt to live their lives in a world similar but different to our own. The action focuses on plots unfolding in Austrian occupied Venice and scheming in defeated London surrounding King Edward and Wallis Simpson. There's some twists and turns before the book is done, with lots of emotional moments for the characters.

I hope some of you enjoy it, feedback is always appreciated!

Cover:

[​IMG]

14. drewmc2001 sic semper tyrannosaurus rex

Congrats!

floofsy likes this.
  15. Greg Grant Well-Known Member

Oh wait, there's more:

Oh dear. Oh. Dear.

16. Skinny87 Winner: 2018 Gabb Award for Best Newcomer

Genuinely sounds interesting - that's gone on my short-list to review on my blog, let me tell you.

17. michaelrbn Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it. A single volume, not the start of a new series.

18. MaxGerke01 Member

19. varyar Who?

20. Mr_ Bondoc Member

GoodNewsEveryone-625x350.jpg

1000 points if it includes clumsier commentary on the nature of religious fundamentalism, and current day politics...

terranova210486 and varyar like this.