Until Every Drop of Blood Is Paid: A More Radical American Civil War

The sitcom fan in me wants to urge an end to the off topic discussion by having the typical dumb character inserting a comment that confuses macaroni with the Macarena. :)

From r/badhistorys FAQ

‘In short, The Chart as it has come to be called, is a graph that seeks to condense history (technological development especially) into the confines of a exponential chart. The Chart assumes that technological advancement follows a linear progression. It further makes the infamous and old "Dark Ages" fallacy. In reality, the 'Dark Ages' did involve technological advancement. Those that tend to reference the Chart hoped the belief that during the time frame of Medieval era, science was heavily opposed, and suppressed, and that nothing was advanced technologically. Although one could argue that that the sciences were suppressed to some extent, it would be wrong to apply it to the entire Medieval era, and to assume that nothing happened in this period. On top of that, it takes a very Eurocentric view, ignoring the existence and achievements of other cultures.’

So basically a dumb chart

What is THE CHART?
20190502_184834.png

The Chart!

Look upon its fallacies, ye brainy, and dispair!

Cryostorm

Monthly Donor
I was expecting something extremely stupid and I was still surprised by just how much.
Yeah, it manages to be bigoted against Christianity, racist to the rest of the world, and utterly ignorant of actual history to a head banging degree and yet there are people who accept it at face value and believe it.

I'm more curious about what exactly the Y-axis is supposed to measure. Are they putting "scientific advancement" on a percent scale or on pure numeric value? I'd love to see how exactly they would measure such a thing.

I'm more curious about what exactly the Y-axis is supposed to measure. Are they putting "scientific advancement" on a percent scale or on pure numeric value? I'd love to see how exactly they would measure such a thing.

It’s in tons of enriched uranium. That is the only way to truly measure scientific progress.

They see history and scientific advancement as an steady line saved for the 'Dark Ages', not taking in both technological regression and progression in history. Sure, it wasn't an great time in Europe during that era, but still.

Cryostorm

Monthly Donor
They see history and scientific advancement as an steady line saved for the 'Dark Ages', not taking in both technological regression and progression in history. Sure, it wasn't an great time in Europe during that era, but still.
Besides I am pretty sure the collapse of agriculture and resulting increase in disease from malnutrition due to the global climate cool down along with the invasions of northern barbarians had more to do with that then a small section of Western Eurasia choosing to follow Christianity did.

Here's a map of the US in 1865. Spoilers!

I must warn you that I do tend to be quite literal at times. If it wasn't for the fact you've already told us the Union will win I'd be quitting since I'd be concerned that the South was going to win..

Of course, that might be a reference to something just like that chart which I'm unaware of, too.

Last edited:
I must warn you that I do tend to be quite literal at times. If it wasn't for the fact you've already told us the Union will win I'd be very tempted to quit.

Of course, that might be a reference to something just like that chart which I'm unaware of, too.
I'm with you. I skip "What if's " with Confederate, Nazi, Imperial Japan, Mongol, etc victories. If I want to be depressed I watch the News.