Until Every Drop of Blood Is Paid: A More Radical American Civil War

One of my favourite Presidents .

Truman is one of the best people to ever be President:

He never took bribes, even while working for a corrupt political machine.

He began the dismantlement of Jim Crow.

And...

He still dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and had a bizarre hatred of Filipinos.

Not to derail the thread or anything but I think this one is a bit more subjective on whether it was good or bad. There’s probably a few threads about it in another section of this site though :p

Sorry.

My point is all great men have skeletons in a closet.

But this is not the thread for that discussion.

We're in first place! Thank you very much to everyone who has voted! And to everyone who has not voted yet, please go! There are still almost 2 weeks left before the polls close.

I appreciate the shoutout, and want to weigh in to encourage y'all to vote for Red's TL, as it is one of the best stories on this site! A New World Wreathed in Freedom would not exist if not for your timeline which was an immense inspiration for me! It deserves every plaudit and I expected nothing less than to see it competing for 1st in the polls.
Thank you very much! Just a question, was Until Every Drop the one that inspired you? I would have thought that Miranda's Dream would be more of an inspiration since it's a TL centered in Latin America.

Really enjoy this timeline, you got my vote for the Turtledove!
Thanks! I really appreciate your support.

Sorry.

My point is all great men have skeletons in a closet.

But this is not the thread for that discussion.
There may be some people ITTL saying in the future "yeah Lincoln freed the slaves and all that, but he also massacred people in the Month of Blood and destroyed the Constitution!"

Thank you very much! Just a question, was Until Every Drop the one that inspired you? I would have thought that Miranda's Dream would be more of an inspiration since it's a TL centered in Latin America.
Miranda's Dream was certainly on my mind, but it was your re-imagining of the ACW as a more radical - and subsequently more positive outcome - revolutionary fight that really lit the spark for me.

I've gone and given my vote to this timeline, it absolutely deserved the win as far as I'm concerned. You've really made me a lot more interested in the period, and your writing is excellent.

This is one of the most impressive and in depth American Civil War alternate history timelines I have ever read. I voted for you and I hope you win. I am proud to lose to Until Every Drop Is Paid!

Miranda's Dream was certainly on my mind, but it was your re-imagining of the ACW as a more radical - and subsequently more positive outcome - revolutionary fight that really lit the spark for me.
The Civil War was such a lost opportunity, and I've always identified it as similar with our Revolutions for that same reason. If Miranda's Dream's premise is "successful Latin American revolutions", then Until Every Drop of Blood's premise is "successful Second American Revolution". I can see the similarity, then. I'm so glad I inspired you!

I've gone and given my vote to this timeline, it absolutely deserved the win as far as I'm concerned. You've really made me a lot more interested in the period, and your writing is excellent.
I'm really glad to hear that! Some people have told me the same and it always makes me feel great, because I love this time period and love teaching people about it. One user (@PobreCesar) even got one of the books I listed in my sources because he liked the TL so much. This means a lot.

This is one of the most impressive and in depth American Civil War alternate history timelines I have ever read. I voted for you and I hope you win. I am proud to lose to Until Every Drop Is Paid!
And I'm proud to have competition like your TL! I really appreciate you saying this. Thank you.

I voted for this TL :) It absolutely deserves to win. The level of detail is amazing!
Thanks! I am a sucker for details so I always try to include as much information as possible. I think that's one of my strengths.

Thank you! :)

There's something funny about the fact a TL where the Union will end up basically burning the entire South down even harder then OTL wins an award named after a guy who's(arguably) most famous books series has the South winning the civil war to kick off the series.

There's something funny about the fact a TL where the Union will end up basically burning the entire South down even harder then OTL wins an award named after a guy who's(arguably) most famous books series has the South winning the civil war to kick off the series.
Good point. (Though said series does end with
the South getting nuked twice
. And he also wrote Must and Shall. )

Congratulations on the well-deserved Turtledove @Red_Galiray