WorldA Maps for Official/Published Alternate History Works

The Domination of the Draka is a book series by S. M. Stirling where the Dutch join the American Revolutionary War, leading to the British capturing the Cape Colony. Following the war, the Loyalists would settle in the Cape Colony (Now renamed to the Draka after Francis Drake) instead of Canada and the Caribbean. The Colony would soon attract other people to settle such as the French Royalists, Confederates and other groups. The Colony would also have a large slave system even after the British banned slavery. Eventually, the Draka would take control of all of Africa and would expand into Asia and Europe. The Draka would later invade Nazi Germany, taking over all of Europe and the Soviet Union. The remaining countries would form an alliance to counter the Draka expansion.

(BTW the subdivision is just assumptions, I don't think the book ever went into the US and Draka subdivision.)
(Insert Michael Scott yelling NO GIF here)

The New Order: Last Days of Europe ( Unfinished Business.)

qazse

Gone Fishin'
Here we are. The TNO map, updated for Unfinished Business.
tno unfinished business.png

Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies Map.png

Crimson Skies is a tabletop and video game series where in an alternate 1920s, regionalist movements would rise across the United States thanks to the Spanish influenza, and Prohibition failing thanks to the 18 amendments failing to pass, and instead becoming an issue states have to choose to lead to political polarization between 'dry' and 'wet' state, and causing the federal government power to weaken. Eventually, another influenza outbreak occur, causing even more division between the states as they closed down their border. Following the decisive 1928 election and the wall street crash, Texas and New York succeeded from the union, with several other states joining New York. California, Utah and many other states followed. The federal government was unable to do anything, and any attempt to retake the country failed after being defeated by the Peoples Collective. What's left of the federal government remains in DC and Maryland. Canada would suffer from the same issues as the US and would also collapse. Thanks to the collapse, railroads and highways fell in despair and as a result air technology such as airplanes and zeppelins replace them as the main way of transportation.

The New Order: Last Days of Europe (Update)
So I took the TNO map and completely overhauled the Russian warlords to something more accurate to the in-mod boundaries. Also made several other tweaks whilst I was at it.
tno overhauled warlords.png

The Peshawar Lancer
Haven't done a map for this thread in a while so here's another one.

Peshwar Lancer.png

The Peshawar Lancer is an alternate history novel by S.M. Sterling. In 1878, a heavy meteor shower crashed into the northern hemisphere (mainly North America and Europe) wiping out many cities and killing millions. Eventually, due to the ashes from the impacts, a mini ice age occurred, freezing crops and forcing the population of Europe and North America to flee south to their colonies. The British government evacuated to India and reformed itself into the Angrezi Raj. By 2025 temperatures had returned to normal and the Europeans had also begun recolonizing Europe and even North America by this time. Technologically speaking, the world is stuck in a steampunk Victorian Era. The remaining powers were the Angrezi Raj (plus their colonies), France-outre-mer (formerly France and Spain) the Caliphate of Damascus (formed after the collapses of the Ottomans), Dai-Nippon (basically a superpower Japan), the Russian Empire (which now worships Chernobog) and Dominion of Braganza (a reform Brazillian Empire).

Apologies if this map has inconsistent with the book, A lot of the maps I found online had different interpretations of how the world looked like so I had to make a lot of guesses.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
CodeGeaseMap.png

Code Geass is an alternate-history anime set in a world divided by three superstates, the Holy Britannian Empire, the Chinese Federation and Europa United. The divergence for this timeline is a bit weird, with the first POD being a Celtic king named Alwin I repelling the Roman invasion of England around 20 AD, and the other POD being Elizabeth I birthing a son, but most of the butterflies and changes seem to have occurred in the 1770s when Benjamin Franklin defected to the British during the American Revolution (known as Washington Rebellion in this timeline) leading to Washington death in the battle of Yorktown and the defeat of the Patriots. Benjamin Franklin would earn the title of Earl for his part in crushing the rebellion. The Napoleonic Wars would still occur in this timeline, with Britain being invaded by Napoleon, leading to the royal family being arrested, while the Duke of Britannia, Sir Ricardo von Britannia, fled to the thirteen colonies and established the Holy Britannian Empire, which would go on to conquer the entire American continent. France would go on to unite Europe into United Europe and colonize Africa. Japan would be opened up by the Britannians in 1853. The Japanese and Britannians would go to war in 2010, leading to Japan's defeat and becoming a colony at the start of the series.

Last edited:
View attachment 889046
Code Geass is an alternate-history anime set in a world divided by three superstates, the Holy Britannian Empire, the Chinese Federation and Europa United. The divergence for this timeline is a bit weird, with the first POD being a Celtic king named Alwin I repelling the Roman invasion of England around 20 AD, and the other POD being Elizabeth I birthing a son, but most of the butterflies and changes seem to have occurred in the 1770s when Benjamin Franklin defected to the British during the American Revolution (known as Washington Rebellion in this timeline) leading to Washington death in the battle of Yorktown and the defeat of the Patriots. Benjamin Franklin would earn the title of Earl for his part in crushing the rebellion. The Napoleonic Wars would still occur in this timeline, with Britain being invaded by Napoleon, leading to the royal family being arrested, while the Duke of Britannia, Sir Ricardo von Britannia, fled to the thirteen colonies and established the Holy Britannian Empire, which would go on to conquer the entire American continent. France would go on to unite Europe into United Europe and colonize Africa. Japan would be opened up by the Britannians in 1853. The Japanese and Britannians would go to war in 2010, leading to Japan's defeat and becoming a colony at the start of the series.
Map kinda reminds me of an 18th-century Nineteen Eighty-Four.

Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg (Updated)
Recently joined, decided I'd make my first upload my attempt at doing a WorldA Kaiserreich map, used several mod-based references and some guesswork here and there to make this map both mod and historically accurate in the required places. Always open to constructive criticism!

IMG_9335.png

I’ve also got a map in the works for another published Alternate history work which I’ll upload once it's completed too.

Edit: you asked, I delivered. PNG version. Also Fixed Germany and Austria Borders

Last edited:
The Austrian Painter New
IMG_9336.png

On the theme of Central Powers Victory scenarios, I bring you a map of the world of the Austrian Painter, an Alternate History novel by William Stroock. The Novel highlights a quick German Victory where they hastily knock France out the war and then focus on Russia. Trench Warfare never happens, but the Schlieffen plan still does. Due to Germany’s quick victory in France, Britain signs a peace with honour. Other Details we are given minor details on include:

- Austria-Hungary Still Collapses after WW1, with The German (And Presumably Czech) parts of the Empire joining Germany. To get an Ally out of Romania they also seceded parts of Transylvania to them
- Russia Still has a Revolution, but without Lenin being sent to Russia it becomes an Authoritarian Republic under Kerensky.
- China is successfully unified under the KMT
- The Ottoman Empire is still attacked and partitioned, with a Republic under Ataturk still being established
- Interestingly Germany allows an allied Republic instead of a Kingdom to be Established in Poland.
- Japan still attacks the US in the 40s, and instead of using Nuclear Weaponry to defeat them the Home Isles are instead blockaded and starved into surrender. MacArthur becomes president post-war due to his victory too.
- France falls into a series of several military dictators with colonial uprisings occurring across their dwindling Empire