Universal Color Palate

Eh, the Confederate States is fair enough-- everybody uses nearly the same shade of grey anyways, so that's easy enough to swallow.

I didn't mean to bite your head off. If I'm starting to sound way too aggressive, just say so. :eek:
the scheme he posted was the one i originally proposed before the final definitive UCS was created.. and then i updated the palate.. :eek:

Eh, the Confederate States is fair enough-- everybody uses nearly the same shade of grey anyways, so that's easy enough to swallow.

I didn't mean to bite your head off. If I'm starting to sound way too aggressive, just say so. :eek:

It`s okay. ;)

To say something about the CS-color.... I wanted to find a color, that is different to HRE-/German States-grey.

So here is the updated version of the scheme:

2 (090803).PNG

Australia was slated to have a color. but was removed as it is a commonwelth nation which IMO means that it is an Independent British Territory

Personally, I think it's useful sometimes to distinguish between Australian, NZ, and other Commonwealth countries' islands. The original UCS thread has around three proposed shades of camel-like brown for Australia that are fairly distinguishable from other colors.

Hapsburg

Banned
Personally, I think it's useful sometimes to distinguish between Australian, NZ, and other Commonwealth countries' islands. The original UCS thread has around three proposed shades of camel-like brown for Australia that are fairly distinguishable from other colors.

I just use the British Dominions colour for the Commonwealth realms. In a roundabout, half-assed kinda way, they are dominions, just a logical continuation of the concept.

Nikephoros

Banned
I missed the original UCS threads, but I have a question: Why is Byzantium given its own separate color?

It is after all, just the Roman Empire, only continued in the East.

I guess the same can go for the Ottomans as well.

Thande

Donor
I missed the original UCS threads, but I have a question: Why is Byzantium given its own separate color?

Because the Byzantines fought the Ottomans for years and it would be a bit mad to have two sides of a war use the same colour on a map. Same reason why Communist China has its own colour, but imperial and republican China use the same colour - you don't have maps where Kuomintang were fighting imperials in a civil war (well, I suppose WW2 counts, but that empire was a Japanese puppet state so it's just pale yellow).

Nikephoros

Banned
Because the Byzantines fought the Ottomans for years and it would be a bit mad to have two sides of a war use the same colour on a map. Same reason why Communist China has its own colour, but imperial and republican China use the same colour - you don't have maps where Kuomintang were fighting imperials in a civil war (well, I suppose WW2 counts, but that empire was a Japanese puppet state so it's just pale yellow).

But I'm afraid that doesn't really answer my question. I mean sure, there was one a Western and an Eastern Empire at the same time, so I guess I just answered my own question:eek:

Hapsburg

Banned

The Roman colour is Italy's colour. The Byzantine's colour is the Greek colour. Makes sense to me.

Compared to Kazakstan-Spain or Peru-PRC or Israel-Belgium or Iraq-Brazil-Congo-Finland or Sweden-Scotland or Netherlands-Korea?
that was the only one i noticed due to its reference in the post.

How about this?

Now there's a map scheme I think we all can enjoy.
refusal

that may be true..

I just use the British Dominions colour for the Commonwealth realms. In a roundabout, half-assed kinda way, they are dominions, just a logical continuation of the concept.
...but i agree with this statement.

hmmmm ....
ack. no..

Why does Ethiopia need a color? It's Ethiopia-- in OTL maps it does just fine in generic white, and ATL maps almost never change its borders anyways, making it very easy to identify without a color.
attachment.php

Please identify Ethiopia.

attachment.php

Is that Yemen and Axum, or Axum?

Please identify Ethiopia.

Is that Yemen and Axum, or Axum?
In AD1200? Ethiopia wasn't really Ethiopia, what with Axum having dissolved into several warring states at that point. Zagwe would probably be the most northwesterly of those Ethiopian states, but just about any of them have a disputable claim.

In AD 500, that's just Axum. If Yemen was independent, it's not that hard to draw a little bit of a border in the water to help identify what's part of what, like what's sometimes done with the US/Canada border in the Great Lakes.