Union of American Realms: A World-Building Exercise

I have redone both the 1790 New York lordship election wikibox and the corresponding Wikiarticle for George Clinton's lordship. The new entries can be found under the appropriate threadmark, by visiting the first page of this thread, or by following this link. They have been redone as part of a greater effort to rectify a number of the earlier entries in this project!

Capitals of the UAR New
The new and revised capitals map:

capitals.png

Notes
  1. Commonwealth of Aegyptania: Cairo; similar origin to the OTL city, but a vastly different history. TTL Cairo is home to at least 200K people compared to an OTL pop. of ~2K.​
  2. Grand Duchy of Canada: Québec; same origin as the OTL city of the same name.​
  3. Grand Duchy of Carolina: Raleigh; same origin as the OTL city of the same name.​
  4. Chicagou County: Chicagou City; same origin as the OTL city of the same(-ish) name.​
  5. Delmar County: Dover; same origin as the OTL city of the same name.​
  6. Governate of East Florida: San Agustín; same origin as the OTL city of the same name, but with a vastly different history and a much larger population.​
  7. Governate of Erie: Erie City; similar location to OTL Erie, PA, but vastly different history.​
  8. Governate of Georgia: Georgeburg; this city does not exist in OTL, was chosen as a central location for the realm capital in the early 19th century; named after Lord-Governor George I of Georgia.​
  9. Haudenosaunee Confederacy: Onondaga; roughly in the location of the OTL center of the Onondaga tribe.​
  10. Governate of Hudsonia: Hull; a city endemic to TTL, roughly where OTL Chelsea, Quebec is. Not sure who I named it after to be frank.​
  11. Huron County: York; same origin as the OTL city, is never renamed to Toronto in TTL.​
  12. Long Island County: Hempstead; same origin as the OTL city of the same name.​
  13. Governate of Manitoba: Grand Forks; similar origin as the OTL city of the same name.​
  14. Grand Duchy of Maryland: Annapolis; same origin as the OTL city of the same name.​
  15. Massachusetts County: Boston; same origin as the OTL city of the same name.​
  16. Mayaimi Confederacy: Mayaimi; this city does not exist in OTL and should not be confused with Miami, FL; instead named after TTL's name for Lake Okeechobee (Lake Mayaimi).​
  17. Governate of Michigan: Detroit; same origin as the OTL city, remains the capital and center of the realm in TTL.​
  18. Muscogean Confederacy: Tuskalusa; although in roughly the same place as OTL Tuscaloosa, AL, this city's origins are completely separate from the OTL city.​
  19. New Brunswick County: St. Stephen; same origin as the OTL municipality of the same name, but larger than it's OTL counterpart. Chosen as the capital shortly after the Revolution due its central location and the fact that TTL's New Brunswick includes OTL Maine.​
  20. Newfoundland County: St. John; same origin as the OTL city of the same name.​
  21. New Hampshire County: Portsmouth; same origin as the OTL city of the same name.​
  22. New Haven County: New Haven; same origin as the OTL city of the same name.​
  23. New Scotland County: Halifax; same origin as the OTL city of the same name.​
  24. Governate of New York: Poughkeepsie; same origin as the OTL city, but chosen as the capital over Albany in TTL.​
  25. Northwest Confederacy: Prophetstown; a city endemic to TTL in roughly the location of the OTL Prophetstown used by Tecumseh's forces.​
  26. Governate of Ohio: Franklinton; roughly OTL Columbus, but named after Benjamin Franklin - I believe an early settlement in the region was named Franklinton in OTL.​
  27. Grand Duchy of Palmetto: Columbia; same origins as the OTL city of the same name.​
  28. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: Harrisburg; same origin as the OTL city of the same name.​
  29. Commonwealth of Riviera: Saint-Ferdinand; named after Fort Saint Ferdinand, a TTL French fort that became the center of the regions population before joining the UAR.​
  30. Saybrook County: Saybrook; same origin as the OTL city (known today as Old Saybrook).​
  31. Superior County: Sault Ste. Marie; same origin as the OTL city of the same name.​
  32. Commonwealth of Transylvania: Lesina; this city is endemic to TTL. Lesina became the capital in 1848, following the cholera outbreaks in the former capital (Boonesboro). It began swelling in population during the end of the 20th Century, and that has continued into the 21st.​
  33. Twin Rivers Governate: Saint-Charles; same origin as the OTL city of the same name (in Missouri), however, it was never known as San Carlos, instead always going by Saint-Charles - serves as the legislative capital/Saint-Joseph; founded similar to OTL by TTL's version of Joseph Robidoux IV - serves as the judicial capital/Entrepot; a city endemic to TTL, it serves as the executive capital of the Twin Rivers.
  34. Governate of Vermont: Montpelier; same origin as the OTL city of the same name.
  35. Commonwealth of Virginia: Richmond; same origin as the OTL city of the same name.​
  36. Governate of West Florida: Pensacola; same origin as the OTL city of the same name, larger population than OTL considering it is a capital here.​
  37. Governate of Wisconsin: Green Bay; similar origin as the OTL city of the same name.​
Two retcons: The Southern Confederacy and the Calusa Confederacy have been renamed to the Muskogean Confederacy and the Mayaimi Confederacy, respectively.

Last edited:
1846 Worlda New
The world in 1846 at the peak of the Revolutions of 1846. These revolutions took on a number of shades and would lead to drastic changes going forward, including sparking nationalist movements along with unionist movements.

1846.png

One major international movement that would ultimately be born out of the flames of the 1846 Revolutions would be the Nordic unification that occurred later in the 19th Century.

Currently working on a modern day map of the Kingdom of New Albion, roughly OTL Patagonia, home to the British-Monarchy-in-Exile.

I'm currently making a Mosaic Earth and debating what to put in the USA. So far I've locked in California from A Golden Island to the West, Texas (only the Texas Commonwealth) from Lone Star Republic, and New England from Our Fair Country; I also want to take at least the Northeast and Pacific Northwest from A More Perfect Union. Currently my three main contenders for the region are TTL, the Affilated States of Boreoamerica TL, and Oh I Wish I Was in Dixie. I'd ideally like to take the most important, powerful and/or unique regions from TTL.

I'm currently making a Mosaic Earth and debating what to put in the USA. So far I've locked in California from A Golden Island to the West, Texas (only the Texas Commonwealth) from Lone Star Republic, and New England from Our Fair Country; I also want to take at least the Northeast and Pacific Northwest from A More Perfect Union. Currently my three main contenders for the region are TTL, the Affilated States of Boreoamerica TL, and Oh I Wish I Was in Dixie. I'd ideally like to take the most important, powerful and/or unique regions from TTL.
If you’re for economic/power you may want to go to the upper and mid atlantic realms (Virginia, Maryland, Delmar, Pennsylvania and NY from TTL); but if you’re going for unique, perhaps either the Native Confederacies (Haudenosaunee, Mayaimi, Muskogean and Northwest) or the Floridas: East Florida is majority Spanish-speaking, West Florida tri-lingual between English, French and Spanish and the Mayaimi Confederacy native realm, with a sizable non-native population on its east coast around OTL Miami.

If you’re for economic/power you may want to go to the upper and mid atlantic realms (Virginia, Maryland, Delmar, Pennsylvania and NY from TTL); but if you’re going for unique, perhaps either the Native Confederacies (Haudenosaunee, Mayaimi, Muskogean and Northwest) or the Floridas: East Florida is majority Spanish-speaking, West Florida tri-lingual between English, French and Spanish and the Mayaimi Confederacy native realm, with a sizable non-native population on its east coast around OTL Miami.
Right now I'm thinking of taking Transylvaina, Carolina, Palmetto, Georgia and the Floridas. I want to keep NY through DC from AMPU, though.

Right now I'm thinking of taking Transylvaina, Carolina, Palmetto, Georgia and the Floridas. I want to keep NY through DC from AMPU, though.
Okay!

• Transylvania has extensive (albeit, aging) infrastructure with a MASSIVE highway system;
  • Carolina & Palmetto are both aristocratic oligarchies, but Palmetto is significantly less racist in the present due to stronger slave rebellions in the 19th Century;
  • Georgia was essentially a one-party, racist authoritarian state until the election of Jimmy Carter in the 1970s to the lordship - its gotten better, but its still behind in infrastructure;
  • And like I said, West Florida is a trilingual state (English, French, and Spanish) while East Florida is majority Spanish!

Last edited:
A look at some of the major (claimed) ancestries in the U.A.R.'s various realms. Note, individuals oftentimes claim dual ancestry. Also note that this is not indicative of language spoken in the respective realms:

Last edited:
Reported ancestries of residents of the UAR New
Wouldn’t “Hibernoamericans” be a better choice that “Irishmericans”?
Oh god yes, thank you!! I was struggling for some reason with getting them a name for TTL, and was completely unhappy with Irishmericans. Will change!

EDIT: The map has been updated to reflect the change.

Last edited:
Religious affiliations of residents of the UAR New
Some more infographics:

Britanomericans refer to English, Welsh, and Scottish folk. More people claim Britanomerican ancestry ITTL, in part due to the influx of immigration from Britain following the European Collapse. There are also slightly more Dutch-Americans (Nederlandercans) than OTL. Moreover, more people in TTL also claim "American" ancestry than OTL. Although in general, large portions of the populace claim multiple ancestries.

The UAR is generally more religious as opposed to irreligious than the OTL USA in 2020. Protestant branches dominate as a whole, with the most dominant branch being the endemic Church of Columbia.

Numbers:
The Church of Columbia is strongest in Transylvania where 52.4% of respondents identified as adherents.
The most non-CoC Protestants can be found in Newfoundland at 46.4%.
The Catholic Church is strongest in Canada at 69.8% (East Florida is not far behind with 66.8%).
The Twin Rivers reports the highest demographic choosing Other Christian at 21.1%.
Islam was reported as the faith of 8.9% of Superior residents.
Lastly, 51.6% of Haudenosaunee residents reported being Irreligious.
I have exact breakdowns of every realm in a spreadsheet, if people had questions.

Last edited:
Why do the Native realms have many Atheists in comparison to the other realms?
The irreligious category doesn’t necessarily mean atheist, although atheists are included. It also means individuals who report little to no organized religious activity/affiliation, agnostics, and individuals who may be spiritual to a degree, but do not adhere to any particular religious doctrine/belief in a particular God. My take is that the native confederacies have had high degrees of irreligious movements as a backlash to “growth reforms” that were typically conservative, and many times Christian influenced, during the late 19th and 20th centuries.

Is there any reason why Islam is so popular in the Great Lakes region? I definitely think that’s a cool idea!
A result of those regions opening up to immigration from Islamic countries in the mid-late 20th Century - something the UASR has covertly encouraged.