Deleted member 123260

On the top of my head I can think of:

1. The Warlord Period of China
2. Ottoman Iraq or Egypt in the 1800s or literally Ottoman anything
3. Mughal Period of India
4. Iran during the Islamic Revolution
5. Années folles France

What can you guys come up with?

Ancient Greece. Only one game I can think of set during it. (Assassin's Creed Odyessey)

The Chinese Civil War

1930s America

Anything Indonesia

The Latin American Wars of Independence have never been in a game that I know of, and it was a continent-wide war; the same is true for the period of decolonization post-WW2.

4. Iran during the Islamic Revolution
You're right, there's not much. But there are a couple. My first intro to AH was a small pocket board wargame titled "Raid on Iran" about WI the raid to rescue the hostages had gone in. It was mostly a guess, since the layout of the US embassy compound was top secret, as well as the makeup of the US forces in the raid. Another one is 5th Fleet from Victory Games, one in their series of naval warfare games... this one covers the Indian Ocean and the Persian Gulf, and there are several scenarios set around 'WI Iran goes nuts and attacks full bore into the Gulf"....

You know we had two apocalyptic wars in the 19th century even bloodier than the American civil war that only showed up in Victoria 2? The first was the Taiping rebellion and the second the Paraguayan war (the Paraguayan war had less total deaths than the acw but in a % of the dead population was even worse. Solano went into nazi levels of conscription throwing child soldiers and women's into the alliance forces). We could have dramatic games taking place on these wars.

I'm only aware of one game with its setting in ancient Greece.

according to wiki here are the games set in ancient greece:
  • Age of Empires
  • Zeus: Master of Olympus
  • Warriors: Legends of Troy
  • Titan Quest
  • Spartan: Total Warrior
  • Rygar: The Legendary Adventure
  • Rise of the Argonauts
  • Rampage Through Time
  • Phelios
  • Fate of Hellas
  • God of War
  • Battle of Olympus
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • Apotheon
  • Ancient Wars: Sparta
  • Age of Mythology

according to wiki here are the games set in ancient greece:
  • Age of Empires
  • Zeus: Master of Olympus
  • Warriors: Legends of Troy
  • Titan Quest
  • Spartan: Total Warrior
  • Rygar: The Legendary Adventure
  • Rise of the Argonauts
  • Rampage Through Time
  • Phelios
  • Fate of Hellas
  • God of War
  • Battle of Olympus
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • Apotheon
  • Ancient Wars: Sparta
  • Age of Mythology
I've only heard of two of those (assassin's creed Odyessey and God of war, which I totally forgot about)

The Latin American Wars of Independence have never been in a game that I know of, and it was a continent-wide war; the same is true for the period of decolonization post-WW2.

There's a M&B mod for the Chilean war of independence so that's something atleast.

Russian Civil War and associated conflicts such as the Polish-Soviet War

even some WWII fronts are underrepresented I think

A lot of WW2 games are either very large scale (all of the Pacific or all of Europe or fully Global) strategy games or really American-centric. Like a lot of North Africa, then Sicily, then Italy, then Normandy, now Battle of the Bulge things and little Eastern Front. Or even Western front before American involvement outside of maybe El-Alamein and Stalingrad.