Underestimated countries

My input. What would have been the result of France not uniting in history. Roll on the nations that never made it to the....err....1st millenium?

800px-Frankish_Empire_481_to_814-en.svg.png

Evolved;
556px-Map_France_1477-en.svg.png

Just a little later;
europe_map_1500.jpg

Then another century;
1600.jpg

And another;

Europe,_1700_-_1714.png

To modern history;
europe_1800.jpg

There are plenty of nations that don't make it to modern history to get talked about. Surely those are the most underrepresented of all!

Last edited:
Not enough Laotian and East Timorean AH. Not enough Montenegrin or Belgian AH.

And for that matter, nearly no Polynesian AH.

It is not easy to point out the underestimated countries in the AH Timelines.In fact almost 90% of the TLs are on Western Europe and U.S.A. and most often WWII, U.S.civil war or Roman Empire are the topics.The remaining portions of the World,Asia,Oceania,Africa,South America,North America minus U.S.A,and East Europe can be termed as underestimated. Pointing out specific countries is useless and the list is too long.

The way I see it a lot of underused countries and people are like this.....

Australian Aborigines- They had firestick farming, a form of aquaculture, were very innovative and in the largest part of Oceania. A slight change in the circumstances, a few happy accidents and they could be players.

Missippian Mound Builders and Anasazi Cliff Dwellers- I wonder if these cultures had the potential to dominate the Southwest and the Southeast respectively. Plus they were fascinating.