Some are definitely bound for kashmir.

Imitating the rather recent event of migration of sufis to kashmir during their persecution in persia by Timur.
Insafiyya will flee chaos into peaceful places only to sow more chaos with their radical emphasis on 'good treatment' of slaves.

Insafiyya will flee chaos into peaceful places only to sow more chaos with their radical emphasis on 'good treatment' of slaves.
As far as I recall beyond the kings and their court, slavery wasn't a wide spread practice in kashmir.

There was the practice of beaggar (forced labour) but even they weren't especially common. From that period the only cases of beaggar that I have encountered is when Kings would travel somewhere. The kings would enlist/force people to work for whatever was needed during the travel and then released after their job was done. (Beaggar only became institutionalised in 19th century under Dogra's where it became a very fatal job)

Last edited:
What are the other theological points topics that make up the insafiyya?
As normal as any other hanafi/sufi sect of that time except added emphasis on good conduct to subordinates which will spread to good conduct to all makhluqs to create the sifat of Allah in one person. I will explore them in detail once they start their meddling in state affairs as situation based explanation would be better. Also the reinterpreting of wahdatul wujud as stated earlier

Also as you are seeing in news the north east of our country is heavily flooded. My house is about to be flooded but Alhamdulillah that we reside upon the 1st floor. Keep us in your prayers.May Allah protect us :tiredface::'(

Last edited:
How many floors does your building have? Keep your essentials on hand in case you have to go further upstairs.

How long do you expect the floods to last?
We are on top floor, ours is two storeyed building. We expect rain to last at least 4-5 days, but flood water may take couple more days.

Also as you are seeing in news the north east of our country is heavily flooded. My house is about to be flooded but Alhamdulillah that we reside upon the 1st floor. Keep us in your prayers.May Allah protect us :tiredface::'(
Oh no 😟😟. I hope you are ok and please keep all of your essential item and you family saved. I pray that the flood end soon.May Allah protect and save you.

Walikum Assalam, floodwaters have mostly receded but streets are still inundated. Jazakallah for checking on me.
Alhamdulillah. Hope you family are doing fine right now. I rereading this timelines and i just realised something. This is secretly an orthodox screw😂. I think the effect of poland keep screwing their orthodox population would probably help Golden Horde and Ottoman Orthodox population in the long run where they see the Heathens as more merciful thsn the Heretic. You know the classic enemy of my enemy is my friend.

This is secretly an orthodox screw😂. I think the effect of poland keep screwing their orthodox population would probably help Golden Horde and Ottoman Orthodox population in the long run where they see the Heathens as more merciful thsn the Heretic. You know the classic enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Well I kept Russia confined to Europe while Georgia is on the rise and have incorporated most of Armenia, so it is not that much of an orthodox screw. But you are correct about the orthodox population of GH and Ottomans seeing heathens as more merciful because irl they were😁

How you are doibg Arctodus? The flood on the streest hopefully have receded so you can safely continue your daily life.I just read you Insaf Robots Map and I predicted muslim population would account probably 50-60% since most of Africa,Asia and Monrovia has muslim countries. Muslim culture probably had large influence ITTL. If crossing another universe is possible, I would choose this one.

How you are doibg Arctodus? The flood on the streest hopefully have receded so you can safely continue your daily life.I just read you Insaf Robots Map and I predicted muslim population would account probably 50-60% since most of Africa,Asia and Monrovia has muslim countries. Muslim culture probably had large influence ITTL. If crossing another universe is possible, I would choose this one.
I am doing well Alhamdulillah, yes the streets are mostly cleared of floodwater now.

That project was actually done on a whim and I'm glad that you liked it. Actually Talentiya has more muslim population than Monrovia as The Northern state is sparsely populated due to environment. My TL will be much different as it progresses but you can already guess the initial similarities.

The eagle and the dragon
InfoShymkent-.jpg

Dhul Qadh 864 (September 1460)
Urgunch, Garagum, suzereinty of Timurid Herat

"Pull that thread over here and don't push each other. we can't afford to lose any skilled fingers for the next 3 days. Wedding means business and business means money." Spoke Turgun, a women in her early 30s as she inspected girls sewing new clothes.

"Well your husband earns money, right?" Alfiye asks her.

"Yes but I can put less strain on him and he can retire to bed early." the older woman replied with a devious smirk.

"Are we gonna see some barutbazi on the occasion for this wedding?" a girl asked.

"Yes a fireshow would be great to watch at night." Alfiye chimed in.

Gulhan who was arranging some rugs a bit further away snorted at her step sister's comment.

"No! Remember what happened last time? All the horses ran out and destroyed the keep! I swear if I find any of you sneaking any gunpowder I will personally reprimand you before your gurdians even hear about it." Turgun bellowed.

"I thought our horses are used to hearing those blasts by now?" Alfiye asked.

"Remember Alfiye, Khatun is talking about us ladies' horse, not warhorses of men who are accustomed to Banduq[1] and Tob[2] sounds." Gulhan replied and then spoke to Turgun,

"Don't worry Khatun. Her older brother Suleiman is in charge of Barutkhana [3], he won't let his little sister play with such dangerous things."

"I am not his little sister!"

"Then why did you sneaked into his room last week and when he caught you, you said 'am I not your little sister?', didn't you?"
Gulhan said the last part in a sing song voice imitating Alfiye.

"ARRGH, ENOUGH! I'm out of here! I can't believe you spied on me!"

Alfiye dropped her work and and stormed out of the room, leaving nearly a dozen women baffled. Well, all except Gulhan who had a smirk plastered on her face.

"Anyway, back to work! We have a tight schedule ahead." Turgun shouted and everyone resumed whatever they were doing after the shock of the drama wore off.

"What does your sister want Gulhan?" one girl asks Gulhan as she continued her work.

"She just needs to realise that she is neither Suleiman's sister nor his lover." Gulhan spoke without making eye contact. The girl nodded and went back to her work.

'You and your petty dream of a family with my Suleiman shall vanish under the sands, just you wait Alfiye' Gulhan thought as she continued to lay out new clothes for the others to design.

[1] Firearm
[2] Artilley
[3] Gunpowder depot
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************
Collapse of the silk route

The collapse and temporary decline of silk route in late 9th century has been a matter of avid interest and debate amongst scholars for many years. Whether it was the Chinese financial curb under Emperor Jianhi or the civil war in Taraghid persia , the exact cause is still not determined and modern scholars agree that it was a multifactorial process.

Emperor Jianhi, son of Zhengtong emperor saw merchant class becoming powerful as salt and iron trade became more privatized. Recalling his ancestor Hongwu's warning about powerful traders, he sought to limit expansion of business through trade bans. But instead of his inteneded goal, the restrictions only increased chaos as normal trade came under control of smugglers and dissatisfied traders turned to piracy which gave rise to the new Wokou era from 869 (1464). These Wokou were ethnically Chinese and they were more sophisticated than their Japanese predecessors as seen in usage of fast moving junks and gunpowder weapons. They raided a large area of Great Lonshe, from Korea to Lupang[1]. Though they were disowned by Xipangu and Joesens, officials of both states nevertheless maintained some degree of communication with them as the Chinese policy proved detrimental to even inter-state trade. Joesen kingdom in particular encouraged the Wokou to raid their southern parts and wipe out the isolated and obscure muslim Jurchen community. The Wokou raided mercilessly and carried off many Jurchens. They took Jurchen women as brides and employed the men in their ships and bases. By 874 (1469), Jurchen communities virtually vanished from royal documents though it is possible that some still survived beyond this date. This decision would later prove to be an irony for the Joesen but that is a discussion for another time.
0889dfe352176e3cb4855dd8bd3ee2a1.jpg

Image: Jianhi emperor

Meanwhile central Asia was quite until the death of Abu Qaisar in 870 (1465) resulting in his nephew Sayyid Mirza grabbing hold of Aqbars throne and being declared sultan. Despite being called Khanate, the Timurid sultan held all the power reducing the Borijin Khan as a figurehead. Meanwhile Nafeez Sultan, son of Saad Waqqas fled to Lanzhou then to his Hui maternal uncle in Ming empire. This resulted in rebellions across Mongolia and Tarim basin which forced Sayyid to march west. Meanwhile Shaybanids who were still revolting against Golden Horde saw an opportunity for expansion and marched east under Huji Shaybani, son of Yaqub Shaybani. In 872 he captured Bukhara in a surprise assault and even besieged Samrqand for a while. This prompted Sayyid to return and defeat the Shaybanids in battle of Karakul. Now the dissuaded Shaybanids went to capture parts of Garagum. But things would flare up for Aqbars khanate again as a Jurchen commander named Taji would lead a large scale rebellion against Sayyid sultan in 875 (1470). Thus the last peaceful part of silk route descended into anarchy.
umaykut_4_by_ilkerserdar_d2tgn86-fullview.jpg

Image: Battle of Karakul

The effects of the collapse of silk route was profound. The effects were felt until mid 10th century, owing to the continued chaos in Persia until early 10th century. The long range trade routes were replaced with shorter ones. These 'mini silk routes' as one would call them served the same consumer bases albeit with a restricted flow and less diverse array of goods. This resulted in the renewal of the 'trust business' where a trader was considered dependent upon his commitment to deliver exact number of goods within limited timeframe. These 'anjuman' or 'assembly' were similar yet different from European merchant guilds of that time. Unlike Europe, there were no hereditary position here and any new trader taking over the place of an old trader whether with new capital or one was expected to be as trustworthy as his predecessor. Of course this expectation was not met half the time yet it set the precedent for another new practice where Anjumans of different cities would ally and safeguard their resource and trade routes. More often the Anjuman members used slave labour extensively as to maximise profit in a time of chaos. This however created another problem as these slaves were treated poorly and crooked businessman often resorted to un-islamic bond slavery of local populace who would be unable to pay their loans. It is in this backdrop where a man named Rashed Safwan become immortalized as the first insafiyya revolutionary. He led a revolution in Merv in Shawwal 876 ( April 1472). He was a student of the renowned Insafyya scholar Al Hazar Ziyadatullah who died 5 years ago.
1391f1beb001491b820700f371bf3ea2.jpeg

Image: Rashed Safwan, the first insaf revolutionary

This 'slave revolt' soon descended into a general revolution against the influential merchant class in the cities of Samrqand and Bukhara. The inept Timurid administration was unable to quell it as Sayyid Sultan was away in Mongolia fighting the Taji rebellion. The revolt was finally suppressed in 878 (1474). Sayyid Sultan used this rebellion as a pretext to tighten his control over merchants and curb powers of 'useless' nobility, alienating both powerful classes which would have ramifications in the future.

Overall the collapse of silk route ended many things but also brought about new changes that altered not only the balance of Persia but of the whole world. As a new order emerged and old states fell apart, clash of both new states and ideas previously obscure began to shape the political landscape.

(From 'Tarikh Ul Fars Wal Mashreq' by Ali Adnani)

[1] ITTL name of Philippines
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

The Eagle strikes
36a0355feff6b2b7d3da73fc13c3b3cd.jpg

3 Shawwal 868( 17 June 1464)
Azak, Golen horde

Muhammad was pleased with how his campaign was going. The landing in Qimir had been smooth and he quickly found those willing to collaborate with Turks to put a real Chingissid on throne of Sarai.

"It seems that we have reached our limits in terms of supply situation. The trek to Sarai will be a long and arduous one. May Allah protect us." said Ishak Pasha.

"We need not fear the steppes pasha when we have guides like Toke noyan, ones who were born in the same environment and knows it like the palm of his hand." Muhammad spoke without averting his gaze from the map.

"But my Sultan, the siege of Gurigansarai is entering one month now. Surely I think we should reconsider Mahmud Pasha's appointment. Come to think even Vlad took Moldavia faster than this."

"Ishak Pasha, your concern is legitimate but be sure that Mahmud Pasha doesn't do anything without my knowledge. Besides, Aslan is with him."
Muhammad responded coldly causing the pasha to look down in shame.

A sentry announced the arrival of a messenger.

"News from grand vizier Iskandar pasha, sultan!" the messenger bowed in respect.

"Read, let's hear what son of Kastrioti has to say."

"Yes, my sultan."
said the messenger as he unfurled the paper.

"This is a letter from the humble Iskandar pasha.......

To Sultan Muhammad Osmanoglu

My sultan, I am at a loss of words for this world is totally different from our empire. Vast expanses of grassland from where your ancestors originated abound here. Without my guide Kalik noyan's ingenuity we would've never been able to go this far. We reached Baljiman near Ital river where winds changed and our supply vessels came to a halt. We met the Tatars on the field in the auspicious day before Lailatul Qadr. We had 20,000 soldiers on our side including a Tatar detachment of 6,000 under Kalik. The Tatars were numerous and not less than 50,000 in number and there were lots of horse archers similar to our akinjis. Sometime before Zuhr prayer, we engaged and soon it was a clash of the might and technique. The Tatars were not just horse archers but also had many infantry and also gunners called 'negahben'. But by Allah's grace they were no match for our brave janissaries who tore through them. Our own cavalry and the allied Tatars helped in flanking them.

The enemy quickly scattered after inflicting casualties. With Horror I realised that our cavalry was already too far ahead and by the time they would return we would be outflanked by the speedy horsemen of the steppes. I did what I could and placed my cannons on the wings and infantry on the center. As soon as the Tatars were in sight we fired away. This blunted their attack but didn't destroy it. As seen on our right wing, where the Janissaries and remaining sipahis fought tooth and nail to repel them. But Allah glanced upon us with his blessings and soon our own cavalry returned. Our Kapekolu Sipahis were excellent in repelling their horsemen. Soon the battle was over and Allah granted us victory.

Right now we have occupied this city and liberated the nearby town of Gulistan without any losses. The Tatar horsemen are excellent in quick assaults as seen in enemies and our allies. But on close quarters they can be defeated by heavy cavalry. If I hadn't placed the cannons on the wings, Allah forbid, it would have been a disaster for us. The current cannons are still heavy for long range campaigns and it is here your exalted decision to carry them in small galleys proved useful. Our ships didn't encounter a single resistance except for some Rus pirates who thought of us as regular merchant fleet. we stained the water of Ital crimson with the blood of those infidels. May Allah grant you long life and delay our martyrdom. Hoping for your safe arrival in Sarai.

Sultan Muhammad narrowed his eyes as the emissary finished and went back to a map on a table. After glancing upon it for a while, he spoke:

"Ishak pasha, the enemy has virtually no navy. We can reach Sarai faster with our boats and galleys. On both banks we shall have our akinjis and Tatar allies as flank guards."

"My sultan, what of Gurigansarai?"
Ishak pasha asked.

"It will be a distraction."

"My sultan, once we go to Ital from Tanais[2], the wind from Hazar sea[1] will make it difficult. Directions maybe altogether haphazard."
Toke noyan cautioned.

"Then, by Allah we shall row around the waves and crash upon the city of Ozbeg like a tidal storm. If we are anymore late winter will be here soon" Muhammad said as he exited the tent, leaving everyone around him baffled.

(From 'Kaiser I Rum' by Tariq Fakhruddin, translation by Wilhelm Jager)

[1] Caspian sea
[2] Volga and Don rivers respectively

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salam dear guys, I'm back again! Thanks to all those who have prayed for me in this difficult time. Flood was quite scary as I've seen nothing like that in my entire life but it also made me more experienced. also I got to witness the sufferings of people firsthand. Our family is currently doing some small scale relief work for those still not being able to return to their homes. Keep up the prayers!

And Gulhan is quite the bully ain't she. Things are about to get real ugly between the stepsisters, the outcome will be history-making:openedeyewink:. Man central Asia and Persia is quite the clusterfuck now. And Wokou taking muslim Jurchens as slaves are about to lead to...interesting times as we are just heading into Sengoku period, or not-sengoku period depending on the extent of butterfly. Muhammad finally 'sails' his galleys through the steppes. But taking Sarai wouldn't be easy and he has limited time. Let's see what entails for him and his friend Aslan. As for animal symbolism, Ottomans would portray themselves as eagle( continuation of Rome, why not?) but their European foes would depict them as wolves. Until next time Insha Allah!

Last edited:
Yeah new update!! It is good to hear you are doing fine. Let see what would happen with the stepsister and their quest in romance.
Finally we get to see battle between the Eagle (Wolf?) And the Dragon. Bet my money on the Eagle, Temur must be fuming seeing his army get destroyed by an ALBANIAN. A freaking Albanian able to destroy his negahban lol. Look like most of Asia is in chaos. Meanwhile India is watching eating popcorn seeing the shitshow. Since timurid would fall in iran my prediction is Shaybanid I guess to come out on top. Well let just see where this is going because it getting to the climax right now.

Yeah new update!! It is good to hear you are doing fine. Let see what would happen with the stepsister and their quest in romance.
Finally we get to see battle between the Eagle (Wolf?) And the Dragon. Bet my money on the Eagle, Temur must be fuming seeing his army get destroyed by an ALBANIAN. A freaking Albanian able to destroy his negahban lol. Look like most of Asia is in chaos. Meanwhile India is watching eating popcorn seeing the shitshow. Since timurid would fall in iran my prediction is Shaybanid I guess to come out on top. Well let just see where this is going because it getting to the climax right now.
Well It's more of a thriller than a romance as you'd later see. And it's good to bet on eagle when the dragon has been weakened by rebellions all over the place. And no India isn’t eating popcorn. I should give an update soon because butterflies are happening but not sure when. Shaybanids would move into Persia but not against Timurids and it won't happen until 16th century. Don't count off Khaydar and co yet as they still hold a significant chunk of eastern Khurasan.

China's tradition of scoring own goals in their attempts to curb threats to imperial power continues I see. But they're probably minor factor compared to the mess the Silk Road has been put in by both Timurid successors descending into civil war. I feel sorry for the silk road merchants. Once this mess is fixed, they're still going to have only a few decades of good times before the Europeans round the cape of good hope and screw over the overland trade for good.

As for the Ottoman-Horde war, seems we're getting some riverine warfare. Cool! A reminder of how hard it actually is to move along the rivers before steam power though, let's see what the oarsmen can do.

China's tradition of scoring own goals in their attempts to curb threats to imperial power continues I see.
Not easily gonna be getting rid of those confucianists, yeah. As usual the wokou are upset.
But they're probably minor factor compared to the mess the Silk Road has been put in by both Timurid successors descending into civil war. I feel sorry for the silk road merchants. Once this mess is fixed, they're still going to have only a few decades of good times before the Europeans round the cape of good hope and screw over the overland trade for good.
Well Aqbars Khanate is only facing some mongol rebellion in the east and Shaybanid incursion with insaf revolts in the west, so its not yet a full fledged succession crisis. Persia on the other hand...🙃. Do you think earlier Turkish conquest of Egypt would spur the European powers to look for alternative route to India faster ITTL?
for the Ottoman-Horde war, seems we're getting some riverine warfare. Cool! A reminder of how hard it actually is to move along the rivers before steam power though, let's see what the oarsmen can do.
Well the main horde army has been defeated by Skanderbeg and they virtually have no navy, otherwise Rus pirates wouldn’t be found lurking so much near their major cities. And actually Mehmed has chance of reaching Sarai faster with galleys and it will also be a surprise for Tatars who wouldn’t count this route as viable.