View attachment 748684
Image: Map of eastern hemisphere 864 AH (1460 )

drawing HRE, Indian states and South East Asian states were a pain in the wrist. But behold, viewers, I present you my first ever map of my TL.

Persia is going through civil war but it has 4 parties hence the borders within boundary , nearby states with lighter shade of colour indicate vassals (Except Oman, you can see that they already have a lot of vassals around the Indian ocean).
(Apologies for being pedantic)

But kashmir valley slants from North West to South East not North East to South West. 😛😛

Ok to be slightly less pedantic. I don't think Ladakh was under Tibet during that period.
And Baltistan and parts of Gilgit were under Kashmir during this period. (Though kashmir will soon loose them) and so were the regions of pir panjal valley and chenab valley. Which would make it slightly bigger.

Anyway it's great to have the map to visualize how things are going so far. Appreciate you taking the effort to make them.

Europe looks a Clusterfuck with its borders but that's expected from that period.

Something that came to out of the blue was the situation in Cambodia. You think any butterflies would have occured there? Enough for the survival of Angkor wat? i suppose it's too late.

Good to see Granada still alive. I can't help but hope they survive long term in any TL that covers a time period where they exist.

Looking forward to what happens next!

An independent Rajput kingdom is kinda awesome if they can bitchslap Central Asian/Persian armies coming out fo the civil war, which to be honest did come quite close to happening in OTL during Hemu's time.

Well, I'do hope Vijaynagara survives and become a trading power.
Independent Rajput kingdoms, as awesome they are they would not be able to stand up to the gunpowder armies coming from central Asia. If you’ve read my earlier posts gunpowder use is slightly prominent in both Timurid successor state and Golden horde. As for Hemu I don’t have plans for a Lodi Dynasty as Delhi is still under Sayyids.

Vijaynagara, now that's something else. I have plans for them which doesn’t involve getting dogpiled by Bahmani sultanates, becasuse they'll be too busy with an invader from the sea😝
(Apologies for being pedantic)

But kashmir valley slants from North West to South East not North East to South West. 😛😛

Ok to be slightly less pedantic. I don't think Ladakh was under Tibet during that period.
And Baltistan and parts of Gilgit were under Kashmir during this period. (Though kashmir will soon loose them) and so were the regions of pir panjal valley and chenab valley. Which would make it slightly bigger.

Anyway it's great to have the map to visualize how things are going so far. Appreciate you taking the effort to make them.

Europe looks a Clusterfuck with its borders but that's expected from that period.

Something that came to out of the blue was the situation in Cambodia. You think any butterflies would have occured there? Enough for the survival of Angkor wat? i suppose it's too late.
(Facepalm) I knew things were bit iffy in Himalayas. And Microsoft paint is hard to deal with.

Cambodia, now that you mention it was in decline in this period due to many factors. But as the Omani are nearby and need a local ally against their Ayutthaya rival, they might just be counted in. In short, Khmer's decline may be arrested with Thai busy fighting the colonial muslims.
Good to see Granada still alive. I can't help but hope they survive long term in any TL that covers a time period where they exist.

Looking forward to what happens next!
Grenada yes, I have plans for them but it involves them being absorbed into maghreb. As you can see it is too late for a great deconquesta even with Ottoman support. At best they can take some iconic cities to the south. And their saving grace will be political fragmentation of Iberian peninsula.

Vijaynagara, now that's something else. I have plans for them which doesn’t involve getting dogpiled by Bahmani sultanates, becasuse they'll be too busy with an invader from the sea😝
Oh thanks. On another note who do you think would be the first one to introduce large scale gunpowder armies? I can see the Sayyids doing this or maybe Vijayanagar itself considering they do have extensive ties to the Islamic world.

Oh thanks. On another note who do you think would be the first one to introduce large scale gunpowder armies? I can see the Sayyids doing this or maybe Vijayanagar itself considering they do have extensive ties to the Islamic world.
Unless Vijaynagar faces an enemy which uses gunpowder army in large scale, it is unlikely to adopt similar large gunpowder armies. Gunpowder is already in use though on small scale in India, look up my 2 previous updates. As for who introduces it to north india? That's too much of spoiler right now,😊

Unless Vijaynagar faces an enemy which uses gunpowder army in large scale, it is unlikely to adopt similar large gunpowder armies. Gunpowder is already in use though on small scale in India, look up my 2 previous updates. As for who introduces it to north india? That's too much of spoiler right now,😊
Yeah did read the Oman updates and I am stoked to see where they would go 😀. Oman is only outgunned in the cannon department against the Portuguese but I suspect the Omanese are great Mariners considering they're trading and stuff. Once the secret of cannons and their ships and stuff gets out it's game over for the Portuguese because of how small their presence was in the India ocean during the 1500s.

Also the joint stock companies makes me wonder who will adopt the system in the coming centuries. Bengal, Vijayangar, the Sultanates in Sumatra?

Also wondering who will be the one to inherit the trading connections of Oman in the Indian ocean just like how the Dutch, English and the French came and displaced the Portuguese 🤔.

Yeah did read the Oman updates and I am stoked to see where they would go 😀. Oman is only outgunned in the cannon department against the Portuguese but I suspect the Omanese are great Mariners considering they're trading and stuff. Once the secret of cannons and their ships and stuff gets out it's game over for the Portuguese because of how small their presence was in the India ocean during the 1500s.

Also the joint stock companies makes me wonder who will adopt the system in the coming centuries. Bengal, Vijayangar, the Sultanates in Sumatra?

Also wondering who will be the one to inherit the trading connections of Oman in the Indian ocean just like how the Dutch, English and the French came and displaced the Portuguese 🤔.
Portugal will be down in India but not out of Hind Ocean.

For now it's an Omani idea but the states you mention are within that belt of trade under Omani control. Whichever state can gain a large trade flotilla I guess. But Oman still hold edge over any local power in Hind ocean in this matter.

The last part will depend on European politics which has some way to go.

Last edited:
Have been reading your timelines before making this account since last year. Can i ask is that aq qoyunlu between ottoman and Timurid??
Kara Qoyunlu, under a different dynasty than that of Kara Yusuf( who was hanged in Ottoman custody and his eldest son killed by Timurid). These are actually loosely tied khanates left as a buffer by Timurids,colour indicates vassalage. As for Aq qoyunlu, they are leaders of the famous 'Gurgtug' in many places of Taraghid Persia.

Taraghid Persia..... damn that name is the best.
Best romance story in your timelines is undoubtly narangerel story. But let see what happen with our boy Suleiman. May the horde stay Golden!

A few questions: What's that strip of land between Poland and Bohemia? I don't think Silesia was fully independent in this time period. Does SEA have any major changes from OTL, given the mapping difficulty?

The Sahel looks oddly empty, but I suppose it's so distant from the action of the TL that it's not worth the time to map all the details there.

Anyways, the Ottomans and Golden Horde are looking THICK. I also see Poland-Lithuania has beaten up the Teutonic knights, but not managed to fully subjugate the buggers. IIRC Western Timurid power was stated to collapse in the 16th century, so despite this civil war they'll be around for a little longer. I worry a little about the strategic situation of the Aqbars khanate if the GH turns hostile or a powerful free Iran forms. Samarkand is pretty close to the border.

A few questions: What's that strip of land between Poland and Bohemia? I don't think Silesia was fully independent in this time period.
Yes, you are right. It is Silesia. I saw some mapping videos in YouTube which showed Silesia as separate, if not independent. But here there is another reason for their separation. The colours indicate that bohemia is under Jagellions. But instead of Wladislaw II it is Casimir who is also the voivode of Transylvania ( pink borderline in Hungary). The reason for this arrangement will be discussed in detail when we get to Ottomans and Hungarians bashing heads for the umpteenth time. But the radical faction of Hussites have survived and are being used as a tool by the more cunning Casimir as a deterrent to Hungary and HRE meddling in his plans. So yes, you have Casimir who's the king of Hussites and a tolerant if not supporter of Taborites.
Does SEA have any major changes from OTL, given the mapping difficulty?
Not any major changes that I attempted, except maybe a port in Ayutthaya under Omani control which is too small to show anyway. But rest assured, Omani meddling will change SEA to a great extent as Islam will make more inroads, though will not be as successful as in Nusantara on a state level.
Anyways, the Ottomans and Golden Horde are looking THICK.
Ottomans are mostly OTL and they are about to gobble up Bosnia which just predates the original date to maybe 2 years. Let's see if Ladislaus Hunyadi can give them a bloody nose like his brother that never was.
I also see Poland-Lithuania has beaten up the Teutonic knights, but not managed to fully subjugate the buggers
They have grabbed significant chunks of Livonia and annexed the habitable parts of Novgorod. Teutonic knights are still in the picture because I need them for a future crusade( ;) guess, who's the target). But as time passes, it will be impossible for them to shake off any form of leash the PLU has fastened around them.
IIRC Western Timurid power was stated to collapse in the 16th century, so despite this civil war they'll be around for a little longer.
When I meant Timurid collapse in Persia I meant the Mediaeval Persia which has parts of Baluchistan and Afghanistan. So even if Timurids cling onto any of those fringe territories this would mean that Timurid/Taraghid power still survives in Persia. But by the end of 15th century, the Timurids will lose Persia proper.
I worry a little about the strategic situation of the Aqbars khanate if the GH turns hostile or a powerful free Iran forms. Samarkand is pretty close to the border.
Yes, and why would they change their capital? We'll see soon...

Interested to see how bengal sultanate would develop ITTL. Talk about bengal, @Arctodus simus do you watch today football AFC. As a polandball fans, MALAYSIA STRONK. Good Luck to you football team. Hope my country wins, many bangladesh worker here already arrive at the stadium supporting.

Interested to see how bengal sultanate would develop ITTL. Talk about bengal, @Arctodus simus do you watch today football AFC. As a polandball fans, MALAYSIA STRONK. Good Luck to you football team. Hope my country wins, many bangladesh worker here already arrive at the stadium supporting.
Bengal Sultanate will develop as trading hub in Hind ocean. It should be noted that ITTL rulers of Ganesha dynasty were fervent converts who might cause downturn in Hindu Muslim relations, which may or may not result in annexation of Bengal by whoever is in Delhi. But overall financial and manufacturing situation may improve in the long run.

I have to admit since last 6 years I have abandoned many things, two amongst them are magazine shows and sports. I guess it has more to do with decline of television and rise of mobile phone than our family turning more conservative ( of which I'm a pioneer). There is also the cliche thing of mentioning our father of nation in every single event, more so in sport ones. So I actually never watched games that much which has dwindled to zero now. But thanks for the wish and good luck on your team( sorry for the Rambling on last para)

Bengal Sultanate will develop as trading hub in Hind ocean. It should be noted that ITTL rulers of Ganesha dynasty were fervent converts who might cause downturn in Hindu Muslim relations, which may or may not result in annexation of Bengal by whoever is in Delhi. But overall financial and manufacturing situation may improve in the long run.
Yeah this will be juicy and good. The brit would probably and undoubtly immediately target bengal for that sweet and spice trade. Talk about hindu muslim relations right now in India it looking kinda scary and i pray May Allah help the muslim that have been oppresed by the radicals.
I have to admit since last 6 years I have abandoned many things, two amongst them are magazine shows and sports. I guess it has more to do with decline of television and rise of mobile phone than our family turning more conservative ( of which I'm a pioneer). There is also the cliche thing of mentioning our father of nation in every single event, more so in sport ones. So I actually never watched games that much which has dwindled to zero now. But thanks for the wish and good luck on your team( sorry for the Rambling on last para)
Yeah actually i also stop watching tv and playing phone probably because the entertainment in TV is kinda boring and learning more about religious topic by watching youtube or asking Mufti website. I also learn more about Kiamat and Armageddon preparations in phone more than TV.

The spark is lit
Ottoman invasion of Bosnia and end of the Venetian war

Following the ascension of Stjepan Vukcic as the lord of South Bosnia, the rebel situation was hopeless for a while. But the Krstjani duke would have his own problems. His younger son Vlatko, a devout Krstjani was upset by his sister Katarina's marriage to Catholic king Thomas. He fled to rebel Stjepan with some dozen followers. In 17 Shaban 864 (15 June 1460), both he and the rebel Stjepan converted to islam and called upon sultan Muhammad to aid them. For the Sultan, this was a pleasant surprise. As the war against Venetians winded down elsewhere except Morea, Sultan ordered Mahmud Angelovic pasha and Umar bey to attack Bosnia. The already deteriorating situation turned worse as Hungary was on the brink of a civil war with Ladislaus Hunyadi gathering noble support against the seemingly independent Voivode of Transylvania Casimir.
220px-HercegStjepanKosaca.jpg

Image : Stjepan Vukcic, the most powerful duke of Bosnia.

The Ottoman troops entered Bosnia and raided all the way upto Konjic. By 865(1461), Virtually all of kingdom of Bosnia south of Kamengrad was captured as king Thomas fled the capital . But a large chunk of southern Bosnia was left as Ottomans consolidated their gains north. This culminated in the banate of Herzegovina under Stejapan Vukcic's son, Vlad Vukcic. The Ottomans sent Umar bey to deal with the new challange as Mahmud pasha was made sanjakbey of Kresevo, virtually putting all of Ottoman Bosnia under his command. Umar bey faced the Herzeg army under Vlad vukcic in 20 Rabiul Sani 865 (10 February 1461) near Risan. The nearby Venetian stronghold of Kotor played a vital role as Venetian ships bombarded , thus not allowing the Ottomans to form up properly.
1200px-Rijan014.jpg

Image: battle of Risan

The Ottoman charge was repelled and the left wing of Ottomans was surrounded before they could retreat. When Vlad led a flanking cavalry charge through the haphazard Ottoman lines, they collapsed leaving Umar bey and his center surrounded. 2,000 out of 4,000 Ottoman troops died in the battle including Umar bey and his other commanders as the Herzeg troops encircled the numerically inferior Ottoman center. But this victory would provide no respite as King Thomas was dead and Kingdom of Bosnia ceased to exist. The few remaining cities south of Danube were incorporated into Croatia by the local lords.

But Banate of Herzeg would continue to resist Ottomans for a couple more years until Dhul Hajj 867 (September 1463) when Vlatko, now Hersekzade Mahmud pasha would finally arrive and capture the citadel of Novi, the de facto capital of the banate.

Meanwhile the Venetians had been ousted from Parga and Butrint fell on Jumada Awwal 865 ( March 1461) as Sultan Muhammad swept the Greek lands clean of Venetian 'filth' (as described by Byzantine chronicler Yohannes Iraklides). A Venetian counteroffensive to recapture Argos ended up in failure despite the impressive naval victory.
477404498.jpeg

Image: Battle of Argos by Petrocio Luigini (circa 1100 AH)

Venetians were exhausted and sued for peace. Finally the war ended in 866 (1462) in the treaty of Konstantinyye where Venice lost all land possessions except Modon in Morea and Budva in Bosnia. But this was not the end of Venetian conflicts. As soon as peace with Ottomans was achieved, Venetians would butt heads with Hungarian king Ladislaus Hunyadi. A conflict was brewing in central and eastern Europe around the Hungarian king and his unruly voivode Casimir. With two of his arch enemies locked in a complex war, sultan Muhammad now looked elsewhere, for a plan he had since his ascension to the throne could be executed in a perfect time.

( from 'History of the Ottoman Empire' by Hayat Arghiros)

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************
N_ Haziakhmetov.Diwan meeting in Kazan the 16th centuries ,Old Kazan.jpg

12 Rajab 866 ( 20 April 1462)
Sarai, Khanate of Golden horde

As Temur Khwaja made his way to the darbar, his glum face was obvious to the court attendants who dared not to interrupt him from his thoughts.

His mother Qizil Hatun had been ill since his father Samiu'n's death. But it seemed to have worsened after Qadribek's rebellion and his capture leading to death by hanging. How different she was just some years ago! She could talk with guests and prepared pleasentries for them from morning till late night. Even horses were unable to match her energy for which she had to switch mounts at least once a day. Temur believed his mother could lead an army if she wished. Now seeing her in this sorry state clouded his mind in a shadow of grief.

"My Khan, Qimir is in revolt again." Orda beg Yadigu spoke.

"When did this happen? Haven't they had enough already? Do they want an independent Qimir?"

"They said that they will not serve under any Khan who's not of Jochid origin."

At this Temur frowned, his blue eyes emitting fire at the seeming insult to his bloodline by a group of renegades.

But the atmosphere in the courtroom suddenly changed as the sentries announced the arrival of a messenger.

A man entered and showed respect.
"Messenger from Sultan Muhammad of Osmanli"

Temur gestured him to continue.

"Khan of Tatars, this letter is to you from honorable sultan of Balkans and Anatolia, Muhammad, son of Murad, of Osmanli dynasty. We know how the craftiness of a woman resulted in your lot capturing the throne from the real Jochids...."

The courtroom became silent as the messenger read out this part but Temur seemed rather ambivalent, so the messenger continued.

"It is my wish that you'd refrain from meddling in Moldavia which falls within the realm of Osmanli infulence. Or be it known that there will be war. The soldiers of Sultan are numerous and powerful. We have defeated many Europeans before, so be warned! If you concede, I shall left you to rule Tatars despite your origin. I hope Allah gives you hedayat[1] in this regard."

The courtroom was pin drop silent. Now Temur rose from his throne and spoke:

"Tell your ruler, Muhammad, son of the shepherd Osmanli dynasty who paid taxes to our kin in Persia just two centuries ago, that I, Temur Khwaja am the Khan of Jochid ulus, Tsar of the Rus, ruler of Sibir and Qimir will not concede to his laughable demands. Since when does Moldavia fall within their influence? If your sultan wants war, then so be it. The Tatars have still not forgotten th way of Chingis Khan. And I demand that he stop supporting those rebels in Qimir, if he calls himself so honorable."

The courtroom was now filled with murmurs as the messenger exited.

"Yadigu, recall Mongke and Ferdous noyan's armies from Russia and Aral. We are truly at war with the Turks now." Temur spoke as his nostrils flared. whatever happens, he will make sure the Turks will be sorry for it.

[1] To guide one to right path
********************************************************************************************************************************************************
1af0de81-8060-482c-a060-da25812aea35.jpeg

Jumada Awwal 864 (March 1460)
Urgunch, Taraghid shahdom

The city air was dry and the environment suffocating. Caravans entered and exited but the flow of traffic has decreased drastically since Persia was thrown into chaos. Desperate times call for desperate measures. People had to make hard choices between desire and pragmatism as the continuous cycle of life and death, triumph and defeat played out in the steppes

But none of the travelers were as much distraught as Gulhan, or so she thought. She was going to marry an emir of this city to uphold her father's alliance. Her heart bled and she wept in her sleep every night since then. But it was necessary, both her parents and 'brother' said so.

She must stop thinking about Suleiman, her head was spinning as she struggled to stay on the saddle. It was a strange feeling, she was angry then again she was not. Her anger at Suleiman was not out of contempt but out of hopelessness as he didn't reciprocate her feeling.

Then her thoughts went to her mother, father sister. To be frank she couldn't blame her father because there's no telling when the dog banners will return again. And she knows he wouldn't approve of her desire for the slave in the slightest.

Then she thought about Alfiye, that snake! She was smiling ear to ear when the preparations for her wedding was underway. To think that she even kissed her on the cheek during her departure as her 'favourite stepsister', in Alfiya's speech went on to start her new life. She thinks now she has free pass at Suleiman. But Gulhan would prove her wrong. She touched her waist where she had a salvation.

Later that day as evening approached and Maghreb salat was finished Gulhan was walked to her husband's room by two attendants. She walked as if she was an absconding criminal being walked to gallows. She had been reciting everything she knew in remembrance of Allah so that He would grant her respite from this ordeal.

The door closed and Gulhan felt as if she entered her grave. After a while she began prancing around the room. Suddenly she heard footsteps and went near the door. She could hear the opposite side as the door wasn't fully closed.

"It is settled. Don't worry my friend, I will support you. I prefer the gifts from a real Chingissid than a flimsy marriage to a mere mercenary." a groggy voice spoke as if just getting up from sleep.

"My emir you have drank too much." another voice spoke

"Emir, you shouldn't be so loud!" a different voice spoke much quietly.

"Eh, what do you think? That Khaydar isn't here. He'll probably arrive by tomorrow but he'll have no idea what he's walking into. And no wedding night is complete without a little wine."

Gulhan quickly retreated and sat on the bed looking the opposite direction as she heard the steps getting closer and finally the door opened to reveal her husband, a middle aged man in his late 40s. She didn't know what he was planning but from the conversation she overheard it didn't seem beneficial to her father. But she had to keep up her act until an opportunity rose.

"Hey beautiful, it's been a long time huh? I know you've been waiting for me but, state affairs..ugh." he said as he approached her.

"Welcome husband, I hope you enjoyed your evening." Gulhan said as she fumbled with her sleeve.

"Ah, you're quite the looker darling. So shall we begin?" he spoke as he brought her face closer. Just like a blushing bride, her cheeks turned red.

"You know I'm a bit romantic, so let's start with the lips." he continued as he advanced.

The insides of Gulhan was threatening to come out as she thought of kissing anyone other than her beloved. But she had to do it.

The emir closed his eyes in anticipation as he felt his bride clasp his neck as she leaned in .

Like a bolt from the blue, his eyes shot open as he felt a sharp stab on the side of his neck. His bride, if he could call her that was gritting her teeth. She withdrew the dagger and stabbed him repeatedly. Her face, neck and dress was spilled as blood began gushing out of the Emir's neck wound. She was panting as she pushed the corpse off her. She knew she had one chance and she took it. She wouldn't have to marry this man anymore! She quickly locked the door and wanted to wash herself but couldn't find any water. As a last resort she began to lick the blood off her clothes. The deed was done but now doubts began surfacing. Will her father believe her? What if all that was nothing but a drunken man's rambling and he actually respected his father? She shuddered thinking the damage she might have caused.

The rising commotion outside alerted her and she began licking frantically at her clothes to wipe the stains of blood. The salty chrome taste trickled at her tastebuds as she kept her ears open. Soon as she heard any footsteps getting closer, she would start shaking the bedframe. She looked for exits but the window seemed to be sealed. she began fumbling with it. She began chipping away at the wood using a sword found in the room, under the cover of commotion.

Time passed rather slowly but Gulhan wished that the night wasn't over. But her hopes were dashed as a powerful knocking shook her to the core.

"Open up you traitorous fiend! If you have hurt her any way I shall skin you alive!" The voice bellowed and Gulhan's ears perked up for it was a voice she knew too well. Hurriedly she opened the door and what a sight it was for her sore eyes! Suleiman stood there, in the flesh. So he came to save her after all. But her joy was short lived as she saw her father along with some of his associates enter the room, shoving her aside.

As he looked at Gulhan in a blood soaked dress and sword in hand, Suleiman could utter only one word:

"YA MA'BUD!"

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The Persian civil war: rise of Gurgtug and Musha'shiy'a tariqah

After Ulugh Taraghai's death Persia descended into chaos. There were 4 contenders to the throne of the most prosperous kingdom in Dar Al Islam. Of them two were sons of the famous astronomer king, namely Abdullah Mirza and Abdul Latif Mirza who ruled Herat and Gargum regions respectively. The other two were his nephews, sons of Baysangur. Of them Al Ad Dawla Mirza who ruled most of Persia east of Zagros mountains and Sultan Muhammad Mirza who ruled Persia west of Zagros.

By Rajab 862 (May 1458), the contenders were somewhat safe in their respective domains after snuffing out some revolts. For sultan Muahammad Mirza, it meant killing off preachers of a heretic Shia order named Musha'shi'ya in southern Iraq. But the Persian troops were not ubermen[1] so an important target slipped off, a scholar named Haris Bin Muhammad Abu Ali. He made his way to northern Iraq, namely Azerbaijan where numerous Turkmen tribes lived. The Ottoman expansion in Anatolia and the previous Timurid-Mamluke war pushed many Turkmen to inhabit the region between Kara Quyonlu and Taraghid territory. Further complicating things were the resurgent Georgian Empire under David 'the fiery' which expanded south towards the Aras river, chipping off bits of lands from the collapsing Kara Quyonlu. Being pressed from all sides, the Turkmen were easily swayed by the miracle filled tales of Ahle Bayt and the value of self sacrifice and the importance of Jihad against heretics and Infidels. This movement would not only survive but thrive amongst the Turkmen tribes. While Haris would die in 881, it would be his grandson named Ahmad who would take the movement towards new height as the 10th century begins.
1883harrisMuhammad.jpg

Image: Haris Bin Muhammad

The first military move that would break the status quo between the princes would be in Shawwal 863 ( August 1459) when Ala Ad Dawla Mirza moved against his cousin Abdullah Mirza. The Gurgtug cavalry of the former was fierce and effective in battlefield and within no time the forces of Abdullah were on the retreat from their northern parts and fled to Herat en masse. But the siege of Herat wouldn't come as Abdul Latif Mirza attacked Semnan region prompting Ala Ad Dawla to divert his attention. The two forces met near Gorgan. While Ala Ad Dawla's forces were largely heavy and light cavalry the forces of Abdul Latif were more varied, which included troops from Tatar Aral sanjak. The civil war between the Shaybanid brothers, Muhammad and Yaqub raged on as the Khan was busy with Rus revolt and his own brother Qadribek's rebellion which threatend to tear the khanate apart. Thus as a gamble and a way to secure foreign alliance against his brother, Muhammad sent some of his troops to accompany Abdul Latif's army, which included some 80 gunners. 8 Dhul Hajj 863 (10 October 1459), the battle of Gorgan began with arrow volleys from archers. The cavalry soon clashed and for a while it seemed that no side was winning. Then Latif's cavalry retreated and seemingly scattered. Thinking it as a trick, Ad Dawla forbade his troops from following but some of his commanders were too early on victory celebration. Thus when volleys of gunfire showered upon the vanguard of Gurgtug cavalry, they began to retreat. Having no other choice, Ad Dawla ordered a general withdrawal. But he didn't retreat far off rather he took shelter in a village, now the modern day town of Faeyzabad. For 1 hour nothing happened, then out of the mist the sound of a new wave of thundering hooves reached the ears of the relaxed Latif Mirza's troops who were busy collecting war booty. A victory celebration turned into blood bath, the forces of Latif Mirza were cut down by the unstoppable Gurgtug cavalry, a hidden force which came from the east. Abdul Latif Mirza and most of his close emirs as well as 5,000 of his troops were killed.
395px-Persian_miniature_-_A_battle_scene.png

Image: battle of Gorgan ( from a Persian manuscript)

But Ala Ad Dawla himself didn't fare much better. He lost 2600, half from gunfire of the Tatar contingent. So he retreated to his de Facto capital of Qom where he resupplied and recruited for future campaign. The Garagum region was now open for the nearby lords. The Aral civil war was also affected as Muhammad was on the backfoot after defeat of his ally. Yaqub, sensing the weakness evicted Muhammad loyalists from all of Aral except Kokqala. He also expanded towards Garagum. But here he would face a much tougher opponent. Emir of Urgunch, Jahangir was in marriage alliance with Khaydar, a mercenary working for Abdullah Mirza. When Yaqub was able to convince the former to change sides with secret gifts and promise of share in the Tatar realm, the greedy emir agreed. But on the night of his marriage, he was assassinated by none other than his bride to be. It is not clear how Khaydar got wind of the agreement but he immediately captured Urgunch and declared himself lord of the Garagum as a vassal of Taraghid ruler Abdullah in Herat. But Khaydar's rule of would be interrupted when Ala Ad Dawla Mirza returned after an inconclusive clash against Sultan Muhammad. Now the decisive battle for Persia wouldn't be far off.
Джелал ад-Дин.jpeg

Image: Khaydar Makmut (circa 1300 AH)

(From 'Tarikh Ul Fars Wal Mashreq' by Ali Adnani)

[1] ITTL word for superman

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The madness begins! Tatars and Turks are about to go at each other whilst Persia is in utter chaos. Balkan is Turkish and Venice has ran out of luck as they are drawn into a conflict they didn’t start. We now have our Alt Safavids, time will tell whether they will rise to prominence. And it was fun writing the piece of Gulhan. The tension, the blood and finally the trick of shaking the bedx'D. Things will progress quickly now. What do you think Muhammad wants with Golden horde? Stay tuned viewers.

Last edited:
Venice just can't take a break aren't they? Which is good for everyone. Yeah look like we will see insafiyya scholar spread across Dar al Islam. My question about Insafiyya is how the sufi react when they totally reverse their wahdatul wujud?? They would probably not called them heretic since sufi usually does not attack someone for being a heretic.
Temur would in for a suprise thinking he could slay turk for dinner, only to get pecked in the head by the great conqueror. Poor qadribek, in the last updated i really like how he managed to troll Temur by confusing him in the end. Hope Gulhan does not traumatize with the event. I think Suleiman and Khaydar is probably the one who traumatized seeing their beloved in blood right??? Good update nonetheless

Venice just can't take a break aren't they? Which is good for everyone.
Venice is down but not out as you’ll see in future.
Yeah look like we will see insafiyya scholar spread across Dar al Islam. My question about Insafiyya is how the sufi react when they totally reverse their wahdatul wujud?? They would probably not called them heretic since sufi usually does not attack someone for being a heretic.
Persia: burns
Insafiyya : It's time to head out and spread out boys!

One hand Insafiyya will be looked on as an oddball by the established order. But the essence is still the same, consider their version of insaf as a 'reinterpretation' of Wahdatul wujud. They say that humans can create the 'sifat' of God inside them if they act according to God's order. And yes no sufi sect will not call them heretic of their own but due to cajoling from their patrons who will find the new ideas rather troublesome.
Temur would in for a suprise thinking he could slay turk for dinner, only to get pecked in the head by the great conqueror. Poor qadribek, in the last updated i really like how he managed to troll Temur by confusing him in the end
Temur is in for nasty surprise. Yes, Qadribek is the ignored child we all have around us only taken seriously when they act out of normalcy and do something rash. Call them patients of ADHD but the way they are only focused when they turn troublemakers shows the err in parenting. Yes, I'm looking at you Qizil.
Hope Gulhan does not traumatize with the event. I think Suleiman and Khaydar is probably the one who traumatized seeing their beloved in blood right??? Good update nonetheless
This experience is both traumatizing and a lesson for Gulhan that will transform her....in unsavory ways. Suleiman and Khaydar were traumatized at first but they’re scared to bones after learning their sweet Gulhan is the one to do the act.

Last edited: