Under Center: The NFL In The New Millennium

Chapter One: 2000
15-16 April 2000: With the #1 pick in the NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns take DE Shaun Ellis of Tennessee, a pick regarded by many as a reach. With the #5 overall pick, the Baltimore Ravens trade with the New York Giants to select LB Brian Urlacher of New Mexico. With the #180 overall pick, the Dallas Cowboys select QB Tom Brady of Michigan.

January 27, 2001: RB Marshall Faulk of the St. Louis Rams is named NFL MVP and Offensive Player of the Year.

January 28, 2001:
In the Super Bowl, the Baltimore Ravens defeat the New York Giants 44-7. Ray Lewis is named Super Bowl MVP. Notably, Giants QB Kerry Collins is sacked by Ray Lewis, in the second quarter, with such force that he gets a concussion and a leg injury that, combined, takes him out for over a year, leaving the Giants without a quarterback for the rest of the game and the foreseeable future.

2000 NFL Season Standings:

NFC East
Giants: 13-3

Eagles: 11-5

Redskins: 8-8

Cowboys: 4-12

Cardinals: 3-13

AFC East
Colts: 11-5

Dolphins: 10-6

Jets: 9-7

Bills: 8-8

Patriots: 5-11

NFL Central
Vikings: 11-5

Packers: 10-6

Buccaneers: 9-7

Lions: 9-7

Bears: 4-12

AFC Central
Titans: 13-3

Ravens: 12-4

Steelers: 9-7

Jaguars: 7-9

Bengals: 5-11

Browns: 3-13

NFC West
Rams: 10-6

Saints: 10-6

Panthers: 6-10

49ers: 6-10

Falcons: 5-11

AFC West
Raiders: 12-4

Broncos: 11-5

Chiefs: 7-9

Seahawks: 6-10

Chargers: 1-15

Last edited:
Q & A
Q & A

Q: So we're really doing this?
A: Yep. I've been wanting to do an NFL TL for a while.

Q: On this website?
A: I know, I know, but there's gotta be someone else who'll be interested.

Q: You just gave Big Blue Urlacher and now probably a new QB... are you going to even try to hide the bias there?
A: Just watch how it goes, there will be parity.

Q: So this isn't just another wank?
A: Well, I mean... it'll be interesting.

Q: Will Tom Brady win a lot in this TL?
A: Be patient.

That would be ASB.
Is the cowboys we're talking about..i still remember all romo chokes, the packers one and out(The cowboys are still the 1st one seed since 2008 giants in getting an one and out)

A real question would be if the cardinals will do stupid things...OF COURSE

Chapter Two, Part One: 2001 & 2002
April 21-22, 2001: The Atlanta Falcons (from San Diego) select QB Michael Vick of Virginia Tech with the #1 overall pick. The Cleveland Browns, with the #3 overall pick, take RB LaDainian Tomlinson of TCU, and the New York Giants, with the #22 overall pick (from the Indianapolis Colts), take QB Drew Brees of Purdue.

February 2, 2002: Kurt Warner of the St. Louis Rams wins the NFL MVP Award (2) and Offensive Player of the Year Award (2).

February 3, 2002: The Rams defeat the Steelers to win Super Bowl XXVI, 42-38. QB Kurt Warner is named Super Bowl MVP.

2001 NFL Season Standings:

NFC East
Eagles: 11-5

Giants: 10-6

Redskins: 6-10

Cardinals: 6-10

Cowboys: 4-12

AFC East
Colts: 11-5

Dolphins: 9-7

Jets: 9-7

Bills: 7-9

Patriots: 6-10

NFC Central
Packers: 13-3

Vikings: 11-5

Lions: 10-6

Buccaneers: 3-13

Bears: 3-13

AFC Central
Steelers: 14-2

Titans: 11-5

Ravens: 9-7

Bengals: 7-9

Jaguars: 5-11

Browns: 3-13

NFC West
Rams: 14-2

Saints: 11-5

49ers: 9-7

Falcons: 5-11

Panthers: 0-16

AFC West
Raiders: 11-5

Broncos: 8-8

Chiefs: 7-9

Seahawks: 7-9

Chargers: 6-10

April 20-21, 2002: With the #1 overall pick in the 2002 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans take QB David Carr of Fresno State. With the #13 overall pick, the Indianapolis Colts (from Cincinnati) take FS Ed Reed from the University of Miami, Florida.

December 30, 2002: Bill Belichick is fired by the Patriots after just two seasons, as he delivers less than stellar results when compared to his mentor, Bill Parcells, who replaces him as Head Coach after three years of retirement. Belichick is later hired by the Jacksonville Jaguars.

January 25, 2003: Steelers QB Tommy Maddox is named NFL MVP (1) and NFL Comeback Player of the Year, behind strong numbers including 37 touchdowns and 3,987 yards. Rams RB Marshall Faulk is named Offensive Player of the Year.

January 26, 2003: The Steelers defeat the Rams to win Super Bowl XXVII, 28-16. QB Tommy Maddox is named Super Bowl MVP.

Last edited:
December 30, 2002: Bill Belichick is fired by the Patriots after just two seasons, as he delivers less than stellar results when compared to his mentor, Bill Parcells, who replaces him as Head Coach after three years of retirement. Belichick is later hired by the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Too early, with Bledose injury, Bellichick is guarantee at least 2004 if he don't reach playoffs, but him in the jags would be hella fun.

January 26, 2003: The Steelers defeat the Buccaneers to win Super Bowl XXVII, 28-16. QB Tommy Maddox is named Super Bowl MVP.
The steleers were a bad team both 2001 and 2002, i can see the raiders wiining superbowl XXVII and losing XXVI instead

Too early, with Bledose injury, Bellichick is guarantee at least 2004 if he don't reach playoffs, but him in the jags would be hella fun.

The steleers were a bad team both 2001 and 2002, i can see the raiders wiining superbowl XXVII and losing XXVI instead

They made the playoffs both years in OTL. Lost the AFCCG in 2001 and the divisional round in 2002.

Sucked in 2003 which allowed them to draft CFF.

Mostly because AFCC sans ravens was a joke and no offense ravens did bite them for a while.

So this was a steelers wank...boring

This is anything but a Steelers wank. I’ll disclose the fact that after the 2003 season, the Steelers become quite irrelevant.

Still a wank one the worst team, again without CFF they might collapse into irrelevance.

How are the Steelers the worst team? Again, they made the playoffs consistently and had Bill Cowher, an elite head coach, at the helm. To call them straight-up “bad” is laughable. The Cardinals and Browns are “bad” around this time. The Steelers have power and potential. Again, I’m a Giants fan with an admiration for the Packers, this is just a realistic depiction.

How are the Steelers the worst team? Again, they made the playoffs consistently and had Bill Cowher, an elite head coach, at the helm. To call them straight-up “bad” is laughable. The Cardinals and Browns are “bad” around this time. The Steelers have power and potential. Again, I’m a Giants fan with an admiration for the Packers, this is just a realistic depiction.
Bad as a fanbase and event he players itself(watch days of our steelers for more info), that is regardless of on field product, but off field fans, players etc make me more safe to deal with insecure pats fans and delusional cowboys that a yinzer itself, that is why the worst team no one outside of pittsburg(or mexico) should rot for.

I think you feel bad for the JAW...i did not.

Bad as a fanbase and event he players itself(watch days of our steelers for more info), that is regardless of on field product, but off field fans, players etc make me more safe to deal with insecure pats fans and delusional cowboys that a yinzer itself, that is why the worst team no one outside of pittsburg(or mexico) should rot for.

Can you please rephrase that? I have no idea what point you are trying to make here.

Can you please rephrase that? I have no idea what point you are trying to make here.
That is very simple english, subject Steleers is a bad fanbase all around, with the worst traits all modern fanbase and a hypocresy make all other fanbase look tame, that is why nobody Pittsburgh or being a yinzer like them, you can watch urinatingtree video on the topic, the steelers are the worst, from owner to players.

The other thing is you might feel bad for Cowher the Jaw..i did not

There was no Days of our Steelers back then. They had Polamalu, the Bus, Hines Ward, Casey Hampton instead of CFF and the Diva.

That is very simple english, subject Steleers is a bad fanbase all around, with the worst traits all modern fanbase and a hypocresy make all other fanbase look tame, that is why nobody Pittsburgh or being a yinzer like them, you can watch urinatingtree video on the topic, the steelers are the worst, from owner to players.

The other thing is you might feel bad for Cowher the Jaw..i did not

I watch UrinatingTree, I guess I understand your point, but it’s not valid here: the facts of their record don’t care about our feelings. The ownership wasn’t as toxic, the team wasn’t as diva-filled. Remember, this is 2002, not 2019. Big Ben isn’t here.