Under Center: The NFL In The New Millennium

How do you figure that, @Nivek?

He’s a Cards fan. I get it, I’m a Giants fan and I think our ownership has brought us into the crapper, but I know that the ultimate evil lies with Jones, Spanos, and Snyder. I’d also assume some of the the Green Bay Packers owners could be bad people.

If the poll results stay like this, we'll likely see each conference with three divisions, London and Amsterdam in the same division, Mexico City moved to a Central division and overall chaos from there.

If the poll results stay like this, we'll likely see each conference with three divisions, London and Amsterdam in the same division, Mexico City moved to a Central division and overall chaos from there.
Yeah that way we keep two USA team in europe at the same time and allow easy away games, plus Montreal is nice.

Chapter Eleven, Part Two: Gibbs Awakens, Snyder Strikes Back, & The Last Laugh
March 20, 2011: Joe Gibbs, Special Advisor to Dan Snyder and former Head Coach of the Redskins, resigns from his position and lets it be known that he would be open to leading an investment group that could potentially buy the team. The loss of Gibbs, called “the most popular man in Washington”, is thought to be terrible for Snyder, who quickly releases a statement:

“Mr. Gibbs served the team well in every position he held here, but we refuse to submit to any of his new suggestions, due to his mistreatment of management on his way out.”

The statement itself is thought to be toxic, and only worsens Snyder’s standing in the NFL and the eyes of the press.

March 25, 2011: After a week without an apology or acceptance of his punishment, Dan Snyder’s ownership in the Redskins is put up to vote under the new so-called “Impeachment Rule” that mandates that an owner can be forced out of the NFL if at least ⅔ of the NFL Owners vote for their “Impeachment” due to an egregious error, crime or other serious misjudgments. Leading voices calling for his expulsion are Jerry Jones, Roger Goodell (due to a recent disagreement with Snyder over the move to Buffalo), and Al Davis, a notable voice for civil rights in the 60s and 70s, and a vocal opponent of Snyder’s since the Redskins naming controversy. He is forced out by the vote and must sell the team. It will be a major blow to Snyder’s net worth, as while he will gain the value of the team, he will miss out on its yearly income, which is one of the highest in the NFL, ranked #6 in the league. (#1 is the Cowboys, #2 is the Steelers, #3 is the Giants, #4 is the Colts, #5 is the Packers).

April 1, 2011: Joe Gibbs is named the head of a bid to buy the Washington Redskins, with other principal investors being Washington Senators owner Ted Lerner, Jacqueline Mars, heiress to the Mars candy fortune, and several other notable names, including smaller bids from Senator Mark Warner, Virginia Governor Tim Kaine, and former Senator John Warner. As part of their plan, they stipulate that they will routinely hire general managers to help run the franchise, change the team’s name, become more transparent, and increase contact with the fanbase. Their purchase is approved during a late-night meeting of the NFL owners, as to allow for the quickest succession. The first act of the new ownership group is to start a contest as to what the team’s name will be. There are many choices, the most popular being the Renegades, the Redhawks, the Washington Football Club, and the Americans. The results will be announced on Draft Day, as the team’s first-round pick is announced.

A Dan Snyder screw warms my heart.

Now, if only we can get the same for Spanos...

Spanos won’t be touched; he’s too much of an establishment NFL who has no reason to ruffle feathers. Of course Snyder and Jones hate each other, they’re rivals, of course Young and Snyder wouldn’t like each other, he’s part of a religion that is stereotypically nice, renowned for his inoffensiveness, and Snyder’s team is literally the “Redskins”. Spanos is a legacy owner who is expanding the league’s income by bringing in legal gambling.

For me the Owners I would most like to see out of the Shield is Spanos, Snyder, Jones, Davis, Pegula, Kroenke, and Irsay.

Pegula wasn't allowed in ITL. So that leaves us with Spanos, Snyder, Jones, Davis, Kroenke, and Irsay. Snyder is toast ITL.

Now we are down to Spanos, Jones, Davis, Kroenke, and Irsay. The only two I see with possible force outs are Kroenke and Irsay. Irsay for his drug problems. Kroenke is just a general piece of shit. If he pulls off that stunt he did in OTL which caused someone to kill themselves and that gets more play he might be forced out. But Irsay is the most likely to be forced out. Kroenke is possible but not likely.

For me the Owners I would most like to see out of the Shield is Spanos, Snyder, Jones, Davis, Pegula, Kroenke, and Irsay.

Pegula wasn't allowed in ITL. So that leaves us with Spanos, Snyder, Jones, Davis, Kroenke, and Irsay. Snyder is toast ITL.

Now we are down to Spanos, Jones, Davis, Kroenke, and Irsay. The only two I see with possible force outs are Kroenke and Irsay. Irsay for his drug problems. Kroenke is just a general piece of shit. If he pulls off that stunt he did in OTL which caused someone to kill themselves and that gets more play he might be forced out. But Irsay is the most likely to be forced out. Kroenke is possible but not likely.

Remember this is Al Davis still, but either way. The suicide episode is butterflies away. Kroenke has no reason to be forced out, he’s married to a Walton and if he is, he’s definitely going to help out the FFL. This policy, the Impeachment procedure, isn’t going to be used regularly. Its only used when the league can afford to use it, and/or the actions were so bad that it is needed. Snyder wasn’t a needed part of the NFL, and his comments were offensive to the point that the Washington area would probably be lost in a boycott unless action was taken. Irsay is a legacy owner who is the head of one of the most successful teams in the NFL. His drug problem would be treated like he was a junkie who just needed rehab, not like he was a vicious addict.