UK offer to Ireland 1940

if anyone can think of Irish or American actors who are active around the 40/50s, that can play Tom Barry or Paddy Mayne in a movie about the SAS and Fianóglaigh exploits in North Africa
Since this is Alternate History; what if the changes to this TL's WWII mean that Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. survives the war, and enters politics as his dad intended. Leaving yer man Jack to cut his teeth on a post-war acting career; his dad owned or was involved in several studios anyway.

Since this is Alternate History; what if the changes to this TL's WWII mean that Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. survives the war, and enters politics as his dad intended. Leaving yer man Jack to cut his teeth on a post-war acting career; his dad owned or was involved in several studios anyway.
I don’t know if changes are that big enough for Joe Junior, to survive the war but it is a possibility if you want to possibly write something about it, go right ahead

1667930660879.jpeg

Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines was the first installment of a stealth-oriented real-time tactics video game series released between 1998 and 2006 developed by the Spanish company pyro studios and published by Eidos Interactive. The game sees players take control of a group of six Allied Commando unit led by the steadfast captain John Price along side his long time friend the quick witted lieutenant Patrick O'Hara (who as the developers behind the games would go on to say were based on the real life individuals Tom Barry and Paddy mayne of SAS and Fianóglaigh fame.) as the campaign spread across major battlefields of world war two from north Africa to the liberation of France, and would see critical success worldwide for good gameplay and voice acting of the characters in particular price and O’Hara who’s witty banter was a well like feature of the first game.

Last edited:
IIRR Alternate Kennedys had him captaining the USS Enterprise....
I don't see JoeJr getting beyond senator, he lacked personal charisma from what I've read.

I was just watching SAS rogue heroes, and got to thinking what if in this ATL Version of the show they did an episode about the Fianóglaigh who do you think would be a good actor to play as Tom or even better If you were a writer on the show how would you go about re-creating the bar fight between Tom and paddy that started their friendship/rivalry.

Last edited:
They got bombed anyway. I think the Irish were still feeling rather distrustful.

Hmmm this seems like you'll say that and maybe we might get a county or two but you won't be handing over Belfast.
Maybe a second partition? One where majority catholic/nationalist areas get annexed to the Republic?

Do you guys know any British or Irish TV stars active during the 2000s that would make a good Éamon de Valera or Churchill in a TV miniseries about events that led up to Ireland’s entrance into the war

Brendan Gleeson for Churchill
Liam Leeson for Éamon de Valera.
which is ironic, considering Liam would in OTL go on to play, as Michael Collins in a movie about the big fella Also, do you think the whole fighting Irish trope would be played up for propaganda purposes.

Last edited:
Right I have found the actors who I think would make a good Churchill and Eamon de Valera, now I just need you guys to think of actors who can play the roles of the other people who are important to the Irish unification deal

I’m gonna go with Alan Rickman to play as Eamon because I think he did pretty good job of playing him in the Michael Collins film but unfortunately end up just becoming the villain in a movie that felt like in my personal opinion, a Collins fanfic

Since Ireland entry to the war has seen increased interest in Irish movies, would it also help an earlier creation of in country animation studios that at first will most likely used by bigger companies like Disney to create propaganda cartoons like private snafu