UCS Poll#1: Russia's Colour

Russia's Colour?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thande

Donor
Should Russia stick with the existing gold colour or switch to the more traditional green?

On a side note, it would be best if you attached the actual color shades to the poll. Perhaps even on a blank map for better comparison.

Thande

Donor
On a side note, it would be best if you attached the actual color shades to the poll. Perhaps even on a blank map for better comparison.
I agree, but the thread's too big for me to find the original post now. If someone else can find it, please post.

attachment.php

That one?

Yea, using gold just because we've been doing so when green is the actual traditional color is kind of ridiculous.

Here's another shade of green proposed (ignore everything else):
velikajarassija.png

Last edited:
Yea, using gold just because we've been doing so when green is the actual traditional color is kind of ridiculous.
An argument could be made that using gold because we've been doing so is, in fact, a reason to keep on using gold (at least, given how long we've been using the gold, and how prominent the country is), and that green being the traditional colour simply isn't enough of a counter-reason.
So... despite that I voted for green, and prefer the green, I must admit that there isn't that much of an argument for switching, all things considered.

An argument could be made that using gold because we've been doing so is, in fact, a reason to keep on using gold (at least, given how long we've been using the gold, and how prominent the country is), and that green being the traditional colour simply isn't enough of a counter-reason.
So... despite that I voted for green, and prefer the green, I must admit that there isn't that much of an argument for switching, all things considered.
True, but I think Russia looks much better green anyways. It also makes the USSR contrast nicely with Tsarist Russia IMO.

Gold is me much better for Russia. Green Russia not looks very good and green is already in many countries.

Frentanus

Banned

Well, UCS italy color is brown, instead of the traditional light green. China is green and its traditional colour is yellow. And germany is mostly orange in the maps i used to look at in history atlas.
I think that UCS colours are the traditional ones just for UK and france, and maybe Japan and the USA.

mowque

Banned
I don't like it since the Ottomans are green as well and for long periods of history they border.